Home
Jamiroquai

What's your favourite food at the moment?

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: What's your favourite food at the moment?

Postby Giba7 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Starbuck's Caffe' Verona coffee. My favorite now.
And crazy but McDonald's has a great Mocha Frapaccino!!
So crazy but American.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:04 am

hahaha! Giba7 - love this question. salmon with dill spice, broccoli, olives, pine nuts and cara cara oranges (addicted) with a glass (ok 2-3) of white burgundy. and fage 0% greek yogurt when I am too lazy.

Omg, my circadian rhythm is so off - it is the middle of the day, I am beat and laying here reading is about all I am capable of doing - so tired. Did hit the beach earlier and went for a swim. It is so beautiful here I wanted to take a picture of the pacific ocean - glittering blue - and post it for you guys.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:10 am

Giba7 - McDonald's latte's are not bad either (perfect for when I do not want to see anyone at the local starbucks) But I always worry about the chemicals in the Styrofoam cups and transfer it to a mug. weird I know.

Starbuck's is disgusting but works. I found the best little French place near the beach - very creamy cappuccinos - it's where I read about the rhinos and what's going on in South Africa earlier.

Years of schooling and education and I am just becoming aware and learning about this.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:58 pm

joliefille wrote:Did hit the beach earlier and went for a swim. It is so beautiful here I wanted to take a picture of the pacific ocean - glittering blue - and post it for you guys.

Crickets, beach, swimming...summer is coming! :D I sooo want to go somewhere, anywhere.. but far away...

joliefille wrote:Omg, my circadian rhythm is so off

Mine is totally messed up. :mrgreen:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:00 am

yes, we have not enough sun to keep a circadian rhythm going here.

We are in a path of another huge snowstorm.
Storm Vulcan! What a name!
but fortunately it's been too warm so far and is only rain.

our Starbucks here are paper cups, not styrofoam.

I'm craving smoked salmon and capers.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:28 am

Still not getting the hang of this quote thing but Miss Lisa (why does that make me think of Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam - is that even a real band??) -

Los Angeles is pretty much summer/spring year round; I was away when it was raining for few days and it was a local tragedy :-). My husband was in a panic - flood alerts. I mean Angelenos have no clue about having to wear gloves, a proper coat, boots and a scarf to cover your nose and mouth.

I hated LA at first but now that I am chilling, I really enjoy it. You do not really even need clothes here - it's so warm. I am in shorts and a crop top in March - nuts.

Crickets surprisingly quiet tonight - they must have gotten laid :-).
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:06 am

@Ms Lisa -

It is 3:57 am in Los Angeles California - and I am wide awake and feel refreshed. Do not even look or feel tired. Nuts. I do not think there is hope for my circadian rhythm getting back on track at this point.

Oh - and the crickets are back on chirping like crazy - I guess they were not laid properly :-).

I need to find a good book to read soon. I have the Steve Jobs biography but even for a reader, it looks too long. Accepting book recommendations.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:49 pm

Aah you win! Hahah if I could I would stay awake all night..I'm a night person :) (but the things is, I also get up early..) Bad for my studies.

Stephen King? :mrgreen: "Apt Pupil" (and other short stories), classic! ...or "Stationary Bike" (from Just After Sunset)... I loved it!
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby joliefille on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Hey Ms Lisa - thanks! will have to check out those books if I could sit still for a minute - it's 79 degrees today, blue skies and sunny - yes it feels like summer - lovely - but better (because I do not have any homework :-) so I like to be outside. I love daylight savings - more sun.

Haha! I ended up getting a solid 4-5 hours of sleep; not bad. Anyways, heading to the beach again - a little fete going on there so I will probably be wiped out tonight. Not sure why the beach, sun, wine is lovely but wears me out and the end of the day.

Question: How do we upload pics here? Would love to share some.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Sooo...you are also on the beach season hun? As a professional "seaside yeti" I can safely say that 2014 is going to be a solid one! Beach Season = March till October/November. We are already getting started on our tans, while the uni is not so hard...

Pics - Img or URL icons on the top, near the font colour. It works better If you have a way to upload the pictures online first...back in the day we all used Photobucket but I don't know anymore.. :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby joliefille on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:47 am

Nice. Great weather report :-), I spend most of May and our "technical" summer here in Antibes, so I have to get my Malibu/SoCal beach vacation in now. I love swimming in the ocean and paddle boarding; I enjoy surfing but I am not that great. I need more lessons. And you?

I think the pics I took are JPEG. Thanks for the info re pics - will get around to it when I am up in the middle of the night :-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:51 am

Another tech question (please forgive I am new to this forum stuff) -what are the pop-ups that come up while I am here? My computer asks if I want to "accept" but I do not know what they are so I usually just let the computer block any pop-ups.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:32 pm

I don't get any pop-ups :? As for me I do not surf, not yet..saving that effort for my Hawaiian part of life :mrgreen:

I love chips! Just love them and eat tons of them which I know it is bad for my health and my skin care but I don't careeee :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:34 pm

I get a pop-up that asks if I agree to Cookies -
damn right I agree. I Love cookies!
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:46 am

caroli wrote:I don't get any pop-ups :? As for me I do not surf, not yet..saving that effort for my Hawaiian part of life :mrgreen:

I love chips! Just love them and eat tons of them which I know it is bad for my health and my skin care but I don't careeee :lol:

Haha! - cannot stand chips (except for fish n' chips kind) but my husband buys loads of salty potato chips. I like "food" I guess; not snacks but hey if it makes you happy.

Ok I think I need more detailed instructions re uploading photos. Thought I would try with a beautiful Maui pic from this year when I was there but do I upload as an attachment or do I have to save as a URL/img? Sorry, usually have someone do this stuff for me.

Hope studies are going well :-). So glad I am done with university but learning/education never stops - I am still reading and learning about new stuff all the time. Glad my husband is quite smart so we have some good conversations - I was never into politics until him. Geez, we were talking about 9/11 tonight - geez, just awful.

Yes, love Hawaii - Maui is wonderful for relaxation and chilling. Big Island is great for a lot of activities. But Four Seasons Maui - awwwwh it's heaven. Massages on the beach in cabanas - very relaxing beautiful place.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:44 pm

joliefille wrote:Ok I think I need more detailed instructions re uploading photos. Thought I would try with a beautiful Maui pic from this year when I was there but do I upload as an attachment or do I have to save as a URL/img? Sorry, usually have someone do this stuff for me.

I think you should use Photobucket... Sign up, upload pictures there and copy&paste
here.. :D
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby joliefille on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Thanks Miss Lisa. That sounds much easier. I will have to try that when I have more time - it is another sunny, lovely day in March :-) and do want to waste it indoors at all.

Speaking of food, I am famished right now . . .

Ciao - thanks again for the tip.

Oh, my circadian rhythm is back on track again. Thank God - tired of staying up alone listening to horny crickets :-) lol.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:12 pm

I love to eat! Real food, fish is my bliss...fruit! But snacks are an awesome thing to eat while studying, not good for the health but I have enough time to think about it in some years..also, I don't put any weight so I might aswell take advantage of it now :lol:

Eating right now: chocolate chip cookies, the american recipe :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:32 pm

@Caroli -are they Tollhouse? mmmmm
it's nice being thin!
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Ok @Caroli for your Hawaiian days - this is the pic of Maui (my favorite island in Hawaii) I took in February. Quite a beauty - enjoy :-) (*thanks ladies for helping me figure out how to post pics here)

joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Food today - I escaped from Bel Air (LA) to Malibu; always drawn to water. 3 glasses of champagne and a beer battered fish taco - lovely. The view however from my erm, money shot (haha!) table they gave by the ocean was even better; so serene, tranquil. I do not want to go back to LA :-(

joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:39 pm

DISCLAIMER: I am by no means a photographer - actually quite bad and these are from my Iphone. I am much better at being photographed than photographing stuff. Still fun nonetheless :-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:32 pm

@Giba7 - wish I could have Mexican food and margaritas (I'm jealous!) I have some jobs coming up soon - so no dairy - i.e., cheese, no refined processed carbs (?) or whatever my yoga instructor told me this morning, no sugar.

Detox juices, lots of water and "fish is bliss" will be my favorite foods for the next few days as I get back on my grind.

Anyway enough of the forum, as I have to get my mind set into "work mode" and upcoming travels. I shall leave you with my morning coffee run pic, Blue Skies :-) Ciao!

joliefille
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:23 pm

ooooh my holy Hysus! :mrgreen: I want to be in Maui... each Hawaii Five-O episode kills me a bit more.. I don't want to study anymore, I'm sooooo tired :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:14 pm

caroli wrote:ooooh my holy Hysus! :mrgreen: I want to be in Maui... each Hawaii Five-O episode kills me a bit more.. I don't want to study anymore, I'm sooooo tired :lol:

Not on vacation yet? :mrgreen: I am! At laaast! :mrgreen: (well, just waiting for my exam results...)
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat