Home
Jamiroquai

WHAT ARE YOU READING NOW?

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING NOW?

Postby Giba7 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:00 pm

curse_t_70 wrote: Bill Bryson...Jay recommended this author

How do you know this? :lol: (so funny some of the things we know about Jay!)
I'll have to google.

I enjoyed Robert Fulghum in my 20's.
Today, I mostly read quick blurbs, articles or magazines! Not trash, just not novels.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:09 am

Giba7 wrote:
curse_t_70 wrote: Bill Bryson...Jay recommended this author

How do you know this? :lol: (so funny some of the things we know about Jay!)
I'll have to google.

I enjoyed Robert Fulghum in my 20's.
Today, I mostly read quick blurbs, articles or magazines! Not trash, just not novels.

It was something I found on utube....he was waiting to perform (London I think) and was backstage lying on a couch with one of Bill Brysons books (he stated he had read them all) I'll let you know if I find it again...I think it was when he played in Hyde park??
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby curse_t_70 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:17 am

@ Giba7 - I was wrong, just utube = Jamiroquai clapham common and you'll find it..........."nerves, those are the little jangely things" (he's so precious!) :roll:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:42 pm

Youtube has everything! :mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:53 pm

CosmicLea wrote:
MissLisa_since1999 wrote:I'm now reading Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella :mrgreen: Really funny !!

I've read all the Shopaholic books, except for Mini Shopaholic! I loved them (can see glimpses of myself in Rebecca!!) I will have to get around to reading that last one - haven't read a book in a while, it's hard to find the time when you're a mum! :lol:

Well, is there an order ? Because I didn't know if I could start with Shopaholic and Baby... :roll:

curse_t_70 wrote:A Short history of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson...Jay recommended this author and If it is good enough for him...

Do you like it ? (the book, I mean... and the author too :mrgreen: )

caroli wrote:Chemistry - Part 2 :lol:

You also study Chemistery ?? What has Chemistery got to do with Civil Engineering ?? :shock:
=======================================================================================

Does anybody know Zola ??? :mrgreen:
(yeah, only questions today... :lol: )
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby CosmicLea on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:34 pm

MissLisa_since1999 wrote:
CosmicLea wrote:
MissLisa_since1999 wrote:I'm now reading Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella :mrgreen: Really funny !!

I've read all the Shopaholic books, except for Mini Shopaholic! I loved them (can see glimpses of myself in Rebecca!!) I will have to get around to reading that last one - haven't read a book in a while, it's hard to find the time when you're a mum! :lol:

Well, is there an order ? Because I didn't know if I could start with Shopaholic and Baby... :roll:

It probably is better to read it in order, starting with The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic/Confessions of a Shopaholic as the whole continuing story would make more sense. But don't worry too much. :D I can't remember exactly, but I may have read some of the later books out of order because I had to reserve them from my local library (other people had already borrowed them).
Why the rolling eyes? Did I say something wrong before?
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:07 am

Do you like it ? (the book, I mean... and the author too )

I am on chapter 4 @ the moment. The first two chapters were discussing the start of the universe, theories etc. A wee bit confusing (made my head hurt @ times) :? but I did learn a few interesting facts. The book is now talking about the different scientists of the 18th and 19th centuries who found some of the first dinosaur bones. So far pretty good... I'll let you know how it finishes to give you a thumbs up or down.
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:39 am

Oh, ha, so Bill Bryson writes about the universe? (that's why J likes it) :lol:
So is he a scientist? Or just a theory writer?
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:21 am

CosmicLea wrote:It probably is better to read it in order, starting with The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic/Confessions of a Shopaholic as the whole continuing story would make more sense. But don't worry too much. :D I can't remember exactly, but I may have read some of the later books out of order because I had to reserve them from my local library (other people had already borrowed them).
Why the rolling eyes? Did I say something wrong before?

All right, thank you :D No, you didn't say anything wrong before :lol: I was just wondering if I could start with Shopaholic and Baby :lol: Next one will be Confessions of a Shopaholic ! (my friend recommended it to me two years ago...)

curse_t_70 wrote:
Do you like it ? (the book, I mean... and the author too )

I am on chapter 4 @ the moment. The first two chapters were discussing the start of the universe, theories etc. A wee bit confusing (made my head hurt @ times) :? but I did learn a few interesting facts. The book is now talking about the different scientists of the 18th and 19th centuries who found some of the first dinosaur bones. So far pretty good... I'll let you know how it finishes to give you a thumbs up or down.

It looks interesting... It talks about Darwin I suppose ? 8)

Giba7 wrote:Oh, ha, so Bill Bryson writes about the universe? (that's why J likes it) :lol:

I don't think he's a scientist, he used to be journalist anyway... Also, as far as I know he writes humorous and popular science books etc... Is that right curse_t_70 ?? :mrgreen:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby curse_t_70 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:34 am

Giba7 wrote:Oh, ha, so Bill Bryson writes about the universe? (that's why J likes it) :lol:

He is not a scientist..A writer that states that he wanted to devote a portion of his life reading books/ journals and asking experts on the subject so he could compile it into a book that is not too complicated to understand. for us "regular" folk :roll:
Last edited by curse_t_70 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:28 am

It's so hard for us to know about the early universe. I mean knowing early civilizations of people is challenging, but easier than knowing about the dinosaurs. But I'll bet it's an interesting read.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:11 pm

MissLisa_since1999 wrote:All right, thank you :D No, you didn't say anything wrong before :lol: I was just wondering if I could start with Shopaholic and Baby :lol: Next one will be Confessions of a Shopaholic ! (my friend recommended it to me two years ago...)

That's good MissLisa! :wink:
I always wonder about the rolling eyes smilie because it looks like it means annoyance to me!

Anyway, enjoy the Shopaholic books, they really are great. :D
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:07 am

CosmicLea wrote:
MissLisa_since1999 wrote:All right, thank you :D No, you didn't say anything wrong before :lol: I was just wondering if I could start with Shopaholic and Baby :lol: Next one will be Confessions of a Shopaholic ! (my friend recommended it to me two years ago...)

That's good MissLisa! :wink:
I always wonder about the rolling eyes smilie because it looks like it means annoyance to me!

Anyway, enjoy the Shopaholic books, they really are great. :D

I always took the :roll: face as ........Oh, I am so silly!
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:55 am

curse_t_70 wrote:I always took the :roll: face as ........Oh, I am so silly!

Ahhh, yes, that does make sense. Thanks! :D
(I do roll my eyes when I am annoyed though!!) :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:03 am

[img][IMG]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee468/curse_t_70/Image281.jpg[/img]Image[/img]
This I picked up for my brother in law....I found the cover hilarious, I didn't even know that this "Forrest Griffin" was a fighter but the guy is just hillarious! The title is pretty self explanatory. I ended up reading a few chapters(naughty girl :twisted: ) before giving it to him. I need to buy another copy so I can finish it. It is very much a guys book but scary enough... I could totally relate. :oops: So if you want an easy read and a good laugh......
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby caroli on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:08 pm

Damn, he does have an intelligent face :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:59 pm

"I don't care if Luke sees it's a boy and the surprise is ruined. I have to share this precious moment with him.
'Look, there's the head!' I point. 'Hello, darling!'
'Where's it face?' Luke sounds a bit perturbed.
'Dunno. Round the other side.' I give a little wave. 'It's Mummy and Daddy here! And we love you very, very-'
'Mrs Brandon.' The sonographer cuts me off. 'You're talking to your bladder.' "

:mrgreen:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:55 pm

I borrowed Down Under (by BB) from the school library last week... but still reading Shopaholic and Baby :mrgreen:
roll on the holidays! haha!!
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Pierre et Jean by Maupassant. :D
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby caroli on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:18 pm

O Mandarim - Eça de Queirós :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:32 pm

:? Many, many, many pages of instructions over the holidays......One in particularwhich turned out to be a great board game by the makers of "Catan" called the Wild Wild West.
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:33 pm

curse_t_70 wrote::? Many, many, many pages of instructions over the holidays......One in particularwhich turned out to be a great board game by the makers of "Catan" called the Wild Wild West.

...instructions :?: ?

As for me... just many pages about Euthanasia... have to make a dossier about it.
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:05 pm

MissLisa_since1999 wrote:...instructions ?

As for me... just many pages about Euthanasia... have to make a dossier about it.
Wow! that is some serious light reading for the holidays :?

as for instructions...you know, the kind that guys usually throw out....(mostly instuctions for toy assembly and board games).
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:48 am

curse_t_70 wrote:
MissLisa_since1999 wrote:...instructions ?

Wow! that is some serious light reading for the holidays :?

as for instructions...you know, the kind that guys usually throw out....(mostly instuctions for toy assembly and board games).

Yeah... but I've nearly finished my dossier... Reading instructions is not that bad finally. :wink:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:27 am

M83 Midnight City video reminds me of the books by John Christopher I read as a young teen...Death of Grass was my favourite....I must read this again...but I've got to find it, library I guess.
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat