Home
Jamiroquai

WHAT ARE YOU READING NOW?

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Postby (cleopatra) on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Samir & Samira by Siba Shakib

It's and exellend book set in Afghanistan... bRILliant writing style.
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby MRL33B on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:54 pm

"Daughters of The Grail" by Elizabeth Chadwick"

This is her latest book, published in Dec 2006

Synopsis
Thirteenth century France. Bridget has grown up mastering the mystical gifts of her ancestor, Mary Magdalene, whose unbroken female lineage has kept a legacy of wisdom alive for a thousand years. But the all-powerful Catholic Church has sworn to destroy Bridget for using her healing talents and supernatural abilities. Bridget's duty to continue the bloodline leads her into the arms of Raoul de Montvallant - a Catholic. But when the Church's savage religious intolerance causes Raoul to turn rebel, a terrible vengeance is exacted by Simon de Montfort, the unstoppable Catholic leader of a crusade against peaceful 'heretics'. As war rages on, it is the children of these passionate souls, Magda and Dominic, who must strive to preserve the ancient knowledge for future generations - and find the love and courage to endure...
MRL33B

Postby (cleopatra) on Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:01 pm

sounds interesting mrl33b

James Henry (or is it Henry James?) - What Maisie Knew

complex but very funny.

and Chasing Redbird - Sharon Creech. all of her work is light but entertaining
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby djodjo on Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:46 am

Pierre-Michel Bertrand: Histoire des gauchers (Book for the left-handed persons. Yes, I'm left-handed. :wink: )
djodjo
Supersonic

Postby Desmodus on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:41 pm

good...go on my precious readers....the only way to knowledge described by wisdom is reading and patience........ my literature details.....coming soon....
:D :twisted:
Desmodus
Space Cowboy

Postby djodjo on Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:14 am

Okay. Read this fantastic book: Ken Follett: Pillars of the Earth :!: :!: :!:
djodjo
Supersonic

Postby Desmodus on Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:06 pm

Let me think about that book.........nice suggestion djodjo.....let me finish the book I am reading now....and I will give details of it!!! and then I will begin the searching of that book.......... :wink: :lol: :D
NICE READERS WE HAVE GOT HERE!!
Desmodus
Space Cowboy

Postby dargelita on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:49 am

Pirates - ( Alberto Vazques-Figueroa )
dargelita
Runaway

Postby KillingHeidi on Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:45 am

At the moment I'm reading Hiroshima by John Hersey for school. It's a really good book and it makes you look at life a whole lot more, and the horrors of the war and everything. I suggest everyone reads it, it's an emotional book but it is worth the read.

That and I've just finished reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, my God it is such a wonderful book. It is one of the most brilliant books I have ever read, it is so sad, so emotional, so well written. Everything about it is amazing.
Two words,
READ. FRANKENSTEIN.
KillingHeidi
Space Cowboy

Postby djodjo on Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:56 am

Desmodus wrote:Let me think about that book.........nice suggestion djodjo.....let me finish the book I am reading now....and I will give details of it!!! and then I will begin the searching of that book.......... :wink: :lol: :D
NICE READERS WE HAVE GOT HERE!!

Yes! :wink:
And an other book by Ken Follet, that one of my all time favs: EYE OF THE NEEDLE :shock:
djodjo
Supersonic

Postby MRL33B on Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:11 am

"The Codex" by Douglas Preston

Synopsis

'Greetings from the dead,' declares Maxwell Broadbent in the videotape he left behind after his mysterious disappearance. A notorious treasure hunter and tomb robber, Broadbent accumulated over half and a billion dollars' worth of priceless art, gems, and artefacts before vanishing - along with his entire collection - from his mansion in New Mexico. At first, robbery is suspected, but the truth proves far stranger: as a final challenge to his three sons, Broadbent has buried himself and his treasure somewhere in the world, hidden away like an ancient Egyptian pharaoh. If the sons wish to claim their fabulous inheritance, they must find their father's carefully concealed tomb. The race is on, but the three brothers are not the only ones competing for the treasure. With half a billion dollars at stake, as well as an ancient Mayan codex that may hold cure for cancer and other deadly diseases, others soon join the hunt and some of them will stop at nothing to claim the grave goods.

I think I would describe this as a Indiana Jones type story, very descriptive and fast moving. The book draws you in after only a few pages.
MRL33B

Postby jamirocat on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:25 pm

am reading "ROOM FULL OF MIRRORS, A BIOGRAPHY OF JIMI HENDRIX" BY Charles Cross... I Love Jimi's spirit!
jamirocat
Supersonic

Postby missjune on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:30 am

Pulp by Charles Bukowski- you can read it in one day.. I think that Bukwski wrote it in one day..very funny
At the moment I'm reading The biggest secret by David Icke. This is something completly different. To make the long story short, check this out
www.davidicke.com
missjune

Postby Runaway Maggie on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:20 pm

Sad old me reading "Bec" by Darran Shan (great book about demons!) ACtually it's me daughters but the Darran Shan series about Vampires is great!
Runaway Maggie
Supersonic

Postby duki on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:10 pm

(cleopatra) wrote:sounds interesting mrl33b

James Henry (or is it Henry James?) - What Maisie Knew

complex but very funny.

and Chasing Redbird - Sharon Creech. all of her work is light but entertaining

You are right, it's Henry James. :D I studied English language and literature, so I recognized the title.
P.S. I am not reading anything at the moment. So, guess I'm the saddest person here, Runaway Maggie. :(
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Sandriche on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:13 pm

i am reading gig in the sky reviews and discussions all day :lol: :lol:
Sandriche

Postby duki on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:20 pm

:lol: Poor Sandriche. I think mine are the most interesting, all that wisdome is hard to grasp I know. :lol: :wink:
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:21 pm

Sandriche wrote:i am reading gig in the sky reviews and discussions all day :lol: :lol:

same here
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby djodjo on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:58 am

Same here too, yesterday... :lol:
But today went to work on the bus with: Robert Merle: Les hommes portégés. ( Sorry, I don' know the correct english title, do you know it? About: Carefulled men. maybe...)
djodjo
Supersonic

Postby djodjo on Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:25 am

I know this is a sci-fi classic, but I've never read and seen it :shock:

Frank Herbert: Dune
djodjo
Supersonic

Postby KillingHeidi on Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:49 am

The Third Day, The Frost by John Marsden

and I should be reading Children of the Dust by Louise someoneso, but I didn't want to.
KillingHeidi
Space Cowboy

Postby jamirocat on Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:13 pm

Miss June, I checked out that David Icke website and it looks like fascinating stuff....will have to bookmark that....for now I'm into:

The Beatles Lennon and Me by Pete Shotton and Nicholas Schaffner. A very candid portrait of John Lennon so far.
jamirocat
Supersonic

Postby Desmodus on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:13 am

Good......all the best wishes for you.....the readers all around the world.....READING IS MEANINGFUL!!!! Well...so, I must tell you that I am reading this book:

NECRONOMICON written by the master: H.P. LOVECRAFT.

dark angel...dark angerl..... :twisted: :twisted:
Desmodus
Space Cowboy

Postby jamirocat on Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:46 pm

Desmodus, tell us what Necronomicon is about. I agree, reading is meaningful...and it's a great way to build your vocabulary. I find words all the time I have to look up in the dictionary.

I started reading The Mayflower, got 1/2 way through (it's about 400 pages), and stopped after reading something that made me feel sick. Well, a lot of it made me sick...especially the parts where they would burn an Indian village, killing all who tried to escape their death. Men, women, children, all killed for land.

Now I'm reading "By My SIde", which is a romance novel (not my typical read) I only got because I had a dream I was at the library asking for the dvd. I woke up and remembered the title. My curiousity got the best of me so I had to see if they had something with that title and they did.
jamirocat
Supersonic

Postby Desmodus on Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:19 pm

Respected Jamirocat:

Best wishes for all of you and your notes for me are so important.
Well, what can I answer?.......Hummmm, it is really a LONG story....I am not a bad person...or rude....I AM NOT. The fact is that is so long to explain but I can tell you these details.
1- It was the beginning of a real story of horror in Arabia, that was so real.
2- There are three main GENUINE books, of Necronomicon. The book I read is a changed version...but the version made by Lovecraft is OVERWHELMING.
3- The person who reads or who could have contact with ONE of the main books can fall into the deepest abyss of Hell, believe or not, it happens and it is true. I AM NOT JOKING.
Psdt: The writter, was a clearvoyant, and he died WATCHING DEMONS in the Sahara desert......

so......LET'S DIE AND BE IN HELL.........TTHE PLACE OF OUR SHADOWS AND DEEPEST SACRED SINS. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
AND GET MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Desmodus
Space Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat