Home
Jamiroquai

WHAT ARE YOU READING NOW?

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING NOW?

Postby curse_t_70 on Fri May 25, 2012 2:21 am

Mnemonic....by Theresa Kishkan.....a very original and well written book (award winning) about the author's memoirs set in my city. In it she talks about growing up in Victoria and later her travels to different countries, all intermixed with stories of trees that have dotted her journey through life. 8)
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Sun May 27, 2012 3:41 pm

curse_t_70 wrote:Mnemonic....by Theresa Kishkan.....a very original and well written book (award winning) about the author's memoirs set in my city. In it she talks about growing up in Victoria and later her travels to different countries, all intermixed with stories of trees that have dotted her journey through life. 8)

Sounds interesting! Even more when you're in Victoria!

Peril at end house (in french... unfortunately.. La maison de péril) by Agatha Christie.
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Sun May 27, 2012 6:08 pm

came back to edit. Book too nasty!
Last edited by Giba7 on Mon May 28, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Mon May 28, 2012 6:11 am

okey..I have to admit...I read Twilight yesterday and I am reading Midnight Sun today..and probably read the rest later. I really don't know why I would read a book about highschool kids, vampires and later on Werewolves, but I cannot put the book down before it is all done

I guess I like to read easy stuff and in english so I pick up a few new words!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm just about to finish Twilight New Moon...so that is 3 books in one week, if you are wondering where I am :wink: Already got Eclypse from a friend, so I'll probably start that one tomorrow.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:52 am

Done with New Moon and on to Twilight Eclipse, but I decided I am going to have to take my time with this one. I have to work on a new setlist and getting the songs in my head before the 16th of this month..lots of work to be done.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby caroli on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:31 pm

I read those really fast too cause they are really easy to read but the story is a major crap and they aren't really well written :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby StormeyG on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:05 am

I'm at Breaking Dawn right now, but it is pretty boring I have to say. But I will finish it.
Someone told me I should read Hungergames next, it's suppost to be good.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:45 am

I thought "New Moon" was the boring one out of the 4 Twilight books. I have the "Hunger Games" but am not really interested in reading it! :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Ninochka on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:41 am

Just finished reading Cory Doctorow's Little Brother (a great book) and now starting to read Transfiguration by Paul Weber.
Sci-Fi novels are really interesting. :)
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Ninochka wrote:Sci-Fi novels are really interesting. :)

Not my favourite literary genre! :)
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Just after sunset by Stephen King :D
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby MrsMadHattersHat on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:46 pm

I am completely into Liza Marklund, with her books about Annika Bengtzon.
Just started with Red Wolf.
MrsMadHattersHat
Supersonic

Postby StormeyG on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:18 pm

CosmicLea wrote:I thought "New Moon" was the boring one out of the 4 Twilight books. I have the "Hunger Games" but am not really interested in reading it! :lol:

Did you read Hunger Games yet? I got them today, because my friends kept telling me I should!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby caroli on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:19 pm

I want to read it! Haven't finished the film cause there was no time but the book must be awesome :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby StormeyG on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 pm

@Caroli I have not had a lot of time to read yet, but I like what I read so far.
Your nose is probably stuck in a studybook 8)
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:31 am

StormeyG wrote:
CosmicLea wrote:I thought "New Moon" was the boring one out of the 4 Twilight books. I have the "Hunger Games" but am not really interested in reading it! :lol:

Did you read Hunger Games yet? I got them today, because my friends kept telling me I should!

I've read most of "The Hunger Games" recently, I did skim through quite a lot of it though. It was compelling to read (I wanted to keep reading to find out what happened) but overall I found it a very depressing story. :( I don't understand why people write stories like this for teenagers. :?
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:18 am

CosmicLea wrote:
StormeyG wrote:

I've read most of "The Hunger Games" recently, I did skim through quite a lot of it though. It was compelling to read (I wanted to keep reading to find out what happened) but overall I found it a very depressing story. :( I don't understand why people write stories like this for teenagers. :?

I cannot put it down. I even bought a little reading lamp, so I can keep reading in the car when my co worker drives me there :) End up going to sleep way to late

Is this book for teenagers then? My co worker read it twice and she compares it to things that happened in the second world war. It takes you through a lot of emotions, but it has beautiful moments too. Love it!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Yes, it was written for teenagers! :shock: It does have some nice moments. But I just can't get past the "fight to the death on live TV" for the kids in the book. It's too disturbing. I bought the book for my daughter but I don't want her to read it. :(
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:18 pm

CosmicLea wrote:Yes, it was written for teenagers! :shock: It does have some nice moments. But I just can't get past the "fight to the death on live TV" for the kids in the book. It's too disturbing. I bought the book for my daughter but I don't want her to read it. :(

might be a bit much for teenagers, I agree. Just finished book one and have the other books too.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby caroli on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:00 pm

I have indeed....E.O... (magnetism and optics) :lol: but I will find it and read it! :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby StormeyG on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:45 am

caroli wrote:I have indeed....E.O... (magnetism and optics) :lol: but I will find it and read it! :mrgreen:

Sounds interesting, if only I could have ever had the concentration to read a studybook for longer than a minute at the time. Always distracted by the nicer things to do in live and no concentration span for what things can bring me in the future if I gave it a try!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby caroli on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:43 am

I would be distracted too If I knew I could ace the exams without studying... :lol: but I chose, about a year ago, to become an engineer and I will, no matter how much I have to "suffer" :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:48 pm

L'Etranger ..... by Albert Camus
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby caroli on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Finished "The Hunger Games - part 1"...now I just have to put my hands on the second and third ones :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat