Home
Jamiroquai

What's the worst thing that has happened to you, today?

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: What's the worst thing that has happened to you, today?

Postby Giba7 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:12 am

I am gonna tell this woman off next time. She has it coming.
I've been too kind! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:12 pm

I hate the freshmen this year...they all suck! I was such a better freshman :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby StormeyG on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:28 am

I had a tiny little wound on the insite of my forearm, but I couldn't keep my hands of it. It wouldn't heal because of that, so I put an bandage on it....it started smelling realy bad, then my arm started hurting and feel oncomfertable, so I took the bandage of to check on the wound only to find out I have an allergic reaction to the bandage. Now I've got a smelly wound and gross looking blisters that hurt like hell on my arm. I look and smell hidious!
stayed up late last night, because my vains where looking dark blue and I was afraid of blood poisoning. But I'm still here..blisters and :mrgreen:
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:03 pm

um, yeah that sounds like an infection due to the smell and coloring. When the veins are infected time to see a doc or could get serious. :shock: (my friend had blood poisoning, can't remember if the veins turned red or blue).
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:41 am

I hope it gets better soon Stormey!
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:51 am

I did check internet for bloodpoisoning when I saw my veins, but it is not a sign of it. You get realy red streeks over you skin and that is when you start rushing yourself to the hospital.
Funny thing is that the wound finaly starts heeling nicely, while the blisters on of the bandage are still there. They hurt a lot and look horrible, but I think I'll live :wink:
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:10 pm

good thing it's getting better! Maybe try soaking in epsom salt? :?
yes, my friend did have blood poisoning and they told him he could've died.

y'know my scrape on my ankle? still there! 3 full weeks and still have a scab! ewww :x
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Worst thing didn't happen today, but a week ago.

The CEO of my company told us that it will soon be over..maybe another year for some, but possibly not for everyone. Now I have heard that story so many times over the last 12 years and I have been sold of to other companies during that 12 years. This time I believed it..... Still I am sure I will not be the first one to leave the sinking ship, but still not very nice news to get.
I've been wondering if I should look out for another job allready or sit this one out. So far that technique has worked really well for me. Just don't know this time....
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:16 am

Oh Stormey that is terrible! (and funny they've told you before but they've stayed afloat!)
Better to look for a better job and get some job security or feel out your boss if they are transferring some employees to a downsized corp.

or maybe you'll make it in music and will get to quit your day job!!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:14 am

I would love that last part Giba, but that is not going to happen. I am in 2 bands right now and it is a struggle. We've landed some pretty good gigs, but they got cancled..everybody is feeling the pain of the crisis. On the good news, I did get invited to play in another band and as soon as they have some gigs I will!

Everybody is telling me to to go look for a new job, because most companies are in distress at the moment. Next year februari I will be with this company for 13 years, which gives me some rights by law when they sack me. I could get 13 months of pay and I have a right (not that I want to) to 13 months of unemployment pay, so I guess it is better to get sacked at this job, than find an new job and not being able to stay there. Since I work in accounts payable, I will probably be one of the last people to leave the sinking ship :)
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby DJ-cassius on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:17 am

The worst thing today? more like this whole goddamn 3 months! I felt so bad not coming on this site, the one thing i loved i just left it like that. Finally, i have gotten counselling, as it was getting pretty serious, but hopefully for this time, i will be okay now!
DJ-cassius
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:38 am

yes Stormey, I hate to say it but I agree, since you are in accounts payable you probably will get a real heads up and be one of the last to go. Unless it becomes Office Space, then you could be screwed!
But if you left before, you may have been unemployed for 12 years!!

DJ Cassius!! Definitely sounds bad. 3 months of hell and love lost. Counseling is good and so is music. I really hope things get better for you. :D

I feel bad when the worst thing for me is I sat outside chatting on the phone this evening and now I'm freezing my ass off -still 1/2 hour later! :x
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:36 pm

DJ-cassius wrote:The worst thing today? more like this whole goddamn 3 months! I felt so bad not coming on this site, the one thing i loved i just left it like that. Finally, i have gotten counselling, as it was getting pretty serious, but hopefully for this time, i will be okay now!

I'm sorry to read your months have been dark. Don't stop coming here, we are your Jamily. You can write all your thoughts here...it might just clear the air a bit.
try not to stay inside if you don't have to. Keep moving, eventhough you don't see the point..it does help.

Happy to see you here again!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby DJ-cassius on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:06 pm

StormeyG wrote:
DJ-cassius wrote:The worst thing today? more like this whole goddamn 3 months! I felt so bad not coming on this site, the one thing i loved i just left it like that. Finally, i have gotten counselling, as it was getting pretty serious, but hopefully for this time, i will be okay now!

I'm sorry to read your months have been dark. Don't stop coming here, we are your Jamily. You can write all your thoughts here...it might just clear the air a bit.
try not to stay inside if you don't have to. Keep moving, eventhough you don't see the point..it does help.

Happy to see you here again!

Thanks! i'm glad to be part of the Jamily, and i do hope to god i get better, but in the meantime, i am calming down and letting off steam!
DJ-cassius
Supersonic

Postby DJ-cassius on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Giba7 wrote:yes Stormey, I hate to say it but I agree, since you are in accounts payable you probably will get a real heads up and be one of the last to go. Unless it becomes Office Space, then you could be screwed!
But if you left before, you may have been unemployed for 12 years!!

DJ Cassius!! Definitely sounds bad. 3 months of hell and love lost. Counseling is good and so is music. I really hope things get better for you. :D

I feel bad when the worst thing for me is I sat outside chatting on the phone this evening and now I'm freezing my ass off -still 1/2 hour later! :x

thanks for understanding! ^
oh god, try living in britain! today was freezing! i say outside with my friend on a bench i liturally got a freezing ass from, it! Not cool!
DJ-cassius
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:12 am

:lol: yes, we must have the same weather shift dj!!
it hasn't been bad here, just not dressed properly
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:42 am

I can relate to the british weather. Autumn has set in firmly in Holland too. Cold, wet, stormy (without the e :) )
But soon the trees will turn orange again and that is mighty beautiful. Stepping through big piles of leaves will bring me back my childhood again. So not all is bad
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:46 pm

...and you'll have beautiful settings to take awesome photos!... :mrgreen:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:49 am

today was one of the worst days. And all the things happening to others is really stressing me out!

my poor dog has had a sore on his underbelly and hasn't been the same since his grooming last Saturday.
had to bring him to the vet. He tried to attack the vet tech each time she attempted to put the Elizabethan collar on and it was quite draining. then we tried to walk him to the back room and he escaped his collar and leash and fled for the door! $90 later. (which actually is a great deal)

And my friend got some bad news today, and a good situation turned sour.
Blah!
Crazy day but stress for something that ended today! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Giba7 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:35 am

@DJ-cassius - I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I hope you'll come out of that dark place soon. I hope you keep coming here too. :wink:

@Giba - Oh so sorry to hear about your terrible day. I hope your doggie gets better soon and that the other situations work out okay.
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 pm

the thing that turned sour has come around
we made a nice gesture to a family and it has been twisted by their daughter
and her words have come back to hurt my daughter.
and oh, well that is the wrong thing to do! :evil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khh0FwSx0K4
Giba7
Runaway

Postby DJ-cassius on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:38 am

CosmicLea wrote:@DJ-cassius - I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I hope you'll come out of that dark place soon. I hope you keep coming here too. :wink:

@Giba - Oh so sorry to hear about your terrible day. I hope your doggie gets better soon and that the other situations work out okay.

Will do, I've been trying to force my self to do things, and I'm feeling a lot better as I do. I'm going to live like there's no tomorrow.
DJ-cassius
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:26 pm

..just be careful with that :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:56 pm

:lol:
tread cautiously but have fun!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:38 pm

so I scraped my ankle the end of August.
It scabbed over and fell off.
but now I have a scar.
The wound of pain is gone but the scar is not.
Giba7
Runaway

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat