Home
Jamiroquai

What are you loving today about Jamiroquai music?

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Re: What are you loving today about Jamiroquai music?

Postby joliefille on Sat May 24, 2014 2:43 am

G and Alexander - I have a beef with the two you :-) How could you two not educate me on great songs on the Synkronized album??? Especially when I was kind of dismissing it when I discovered "WDWGFH"?

Supersonic, Planet Home, Black Capricorn Day, Soul Education - I was missing out. Haha! And the Supersonic video is my favorite - very underrated or perhaps that unlike most American culture since 1980s it's not in the toilet - hence, not worth discussing like the cochon and Mr. West desecrating two of my favorite countries. And it's funny because album still sounds very contemporary. If Justin Beiber or Justin Timberlake or any one - that Iggy chick, did that video, it would be a landmark.

Gotta run - probably have to edit this later. But been logging frequent flyer miles and bursting to get this out. :-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon May 26, 2014 5:39 am

uh well you have to find the stuff out on your own :P

you were boasting on the early stuff so assumed you were one of those :lol:
Black Capricorn day is one of their better tunes, & I think we've already talked about Falling & Butterfly. Supersonic song and the video are incredible, and are a hit by Jamiroquai. nobody should cover it (although it'd give them coverage)

It took me a year to go through all their stuff. I really can't say which album I like best but maybe TWM. But since I'd had it 10+ years longer than the rest, I prefer to listen to Synchronized, A Funk Odyssey & Dynamite. But crazy people on the forums hate some of these newer albums and you feel like you've got to defend your likes.

Oh and my Supersonic shirt has "Jami" written on it!
:lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Mon May 26, 2014 4:50 pm

hahaha! I am not one of anything ;-) I am perhaps the least informed person about Jamiroquai on this site and always years late on the albums.

No, prior to coming to this site, I owned only SC, TWM, FO, D, RDLS and High Times in there entirety - and have the actual CDs (somewhere :-). I dowloaded EOPE after coming here - and like, Synkronized, I just found it incredibly funky and soulful. Jay is something else - just ahead of his time and not sure if he that genuinely soulful, deep and connected with humanity but it definitely comes out that way in his voice and the lyrics. Really talented.

Also, because of Itunes you can always just download albums in bits and pieces- so I had already had Canned Heat, WDWGFH (2/14 I think), Falling, Butterfly. But I just downloaded the whole album because I have been traveling a lot. Even the sappy songs work well in the whole album.

Wtf - You actually wear Jamiroquai tshirts in public??!? haha! I am teasing. I'd totally rock a "supersonic" t . . . to yoga or pilates. haha! Happy M Day! BBQs and the beach :-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon May 26, 2014 9:53 pm

See now my philosophy on music is basically to buy the entire disc on hardcopy. when you download a tune you miss out on the rest! But sometimes you only want one tune and not the entire album. I also never illegally download from sites.

joliefille wrote:not sure if he that genuinely soulful, deep and connected with humanity but it definitely comes out that way in his voice and the lyrics.

Well why not. if you're gonna put it into the lyrics of a song it's gotta mean something big!
I definitely think it's the spiritual side of where Jay comes from.

joliefille wrote:Wtf - You actually wear Jamiroquai tshirts in public??!? haha! I am teasing. I'd totally rock a "supersonic" t . . . to yoga or pilates. haha! Happy M Day! BBQs and the beach :-)

I know! :lol: :lol: The Supersonic/Jami was their coolest shirt -maybe they'll bring it back!
https://www.google.com/search?q=superso ... B380%3B380
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Tue May 27, 2014 6:44 pm

Mmmm interesting. Yes, I think to be able to write the lyrics it has to come from some place within him - also that he continually writes lyrics that resonate, connect with and bond people all around world - even my wary self - is quite the achievement. So if that is the case, I like how he thinks which seems odd to say about a stranger. And his mum must be proud :-)

Honestly, I was really impressed by substance and the spiritual stuff he wrote on the Synkronized album. Yeah I should just head to Amoeba and pick up EOEP, Synkronized and RDLS cds (I was wrong in my prior e-mail; I bought the entire RDLS album on ITunes.)

Thinking of buying a real record player like of friend of mine - hers is pink however - bleeeh :-)

Haha! - mmmmm not sold yet on the shirts yet. Maybe for bedtime :-) haha!
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Tue May 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Yet on the flipside - many songs just tell people what they want to hear or what they think will be popular with the public. Or others write songs for the artist to sing. It is kind like dealing with men or anyone - they can be a complete fraud but know how the human mind thinks and plays into that or play into your ego/vanity and know what to say, write, communicate, do etc.

So I figure Jay is either super enlightened and knowledgeable about human suffering and spirituality and how selfish and crappy our race can be; or he is just writing it cause he can and the words are just words and we all buy into it. Or all the above too. haha!

Pardon, I am super-sleepy (hence, I am here - haha!) - so I am having a rather challenging time expressing this thought. It just crossed my mind after really enjoying some of the tracks on Synkronized - SE, S, BCD, PH.

Anyways, I better get on with it. I have to keep it moving. :-)

Bientot . . .
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Tue May 27, 2014 10:13 pm

Well I don't think of the artists I like as being fraud!
If they don't sound genuine or real, I probably don't like them.
however a nice refined/produced pop tune can make me "Happy"! :lol:

but to me the music reigns higher than the lyrics. So if the lyrics have meaning it's a bonus! :lol:
(I'm so shallow)

An artist is someone who writes and performs his/her own music. So the lyrics typically hold special meaning to him/her. However when a song has multiple credits (band) you never fully know who wrote the lyrics. But in Jami, I assume the majority are written by JK.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ElTouffoDrum on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yil3798QtzM

3.45 min. "Whaaat you gonna do to stop me this time babyyy ?!"

I love that kind of disco bridge, just like in "Ladies Night" when they sing "This is your night, tonight, everything gonna be alright !" :D
ElTouffoDrum
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:57 am

Awwwwh - Alexander - love Kool and the Gang - especially Ladies' Night.

oh boy, they have so many great tracks; check out - my favorite track of theirs, very smooth "summer madness", - also "celebration", "get down on it", "jungle boogie", "too hot" and geez, when I was a youngin' "Joanna" was my tune - I even wished (back then) I was named "Joanna" - thank God my parents didn't.

Hope you are enjoying your summer :-) I am loving it.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:01 am

[quote="Giba7"]Well I don't think of the artists I like as being fraud!
If they don't sound genuine or real, I probably don't like them.
however a nice refined/produced pop tune can make me "Happy"! :lol:
quote]

Ok girlfriend, trying this quote thing again. Noo f------ way would I imply that Jay or Jamiroquai is a fraud - no way; perhaps a walking contradiction- but who isn't? I have respect for anyone who has the cajones to create something and put it out there for us to love or hate or criticize. Fraud is like Milli Vanilli (sp? - ahahahaha! really laughing right now because I actually enjoyed "their" music.)

Anyway gotta run. peace. hope you are enjoying some "sunshine" :-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:11 pm

ok Girlfriend, you need the end quote brackets like this:
[/quote] you're missing a bracket! :lol:

I think a performer, especially the buffaloman, is a transition performance. Presentation.
And I think being on stage (or certain jobs) demands a mental transition.

But aside from stage performance, just listening with your ears to an album, is the real music.
Some is fantastic, some is crap.

joliefille wrote:Awwwwh - Alexander - love Kool and the Gang - especially Ladies' Night.
when I was a youngin' "Joanna" was my tune - I even wished (back then) I was named "Joanna" - thank God my parents didn't.

hey wait... I thought you were really young :P
I just LOVE Summer Madness!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SFt7JHwJeg

and yes we are having some beautiful weather & sunshine!
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:39 am

hey G - interesting explanation (or perhaps I am just tired as ----- as usual when I come here to rant :-) )

mmm hahaha! oh boy - I am a very young, - not as young as Alexander however - but waaaay more immature (as proven here) yet still I have always been a very old soul deep down. Everything I really like culturally - including books, movies, music etc - was made way before my time. I always feel/felt I was born in the wrong decade. I mean my parents were grandparents already when they had me - erm, I was an accident :-) - lol, which perhaps explain some of my brain dysfunction I exhibit here - lol.)

But seriously, my earliest memories of my papa was him playing vinyl such as Miles Davis - Kind of Blue - and reading the album covers to me and explaining the background behind the song and its creation. Was enjoying the BeeGees "more than a woman" today - just really enjoying it with windows down, breeze blowing in my hair . . . just a real nut.

Work calling (or else I would not be back in this smog infested city I call home and would be drunk on rose on the Riviera.) Gotta get the paper - lol :-).
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:49 pm

I came across this on Twitter!
it's a youtube of the horn section featured in Jamiroquai and apparently many other groups!
I think the brass section is the highlight of much of the music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezbMaz6QURk

So the guys are Jim Corry (alto & baritone sax) Malcolm Strachan (trumpet & flugelhorn), and James Russell (tenor sax and flute).
give props to the guys!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby popalot on Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:18 pm

That it's in movies :mrgreen:
popalot
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:48 pm

where tf did this come from?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiVTJWu7lhk
:lol:
love that funky brass!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:43 am

I love Jamiroquai's music. :D
But to be honest, I don't know that much about Jay or the members.
Sorry if you're searching for answers. There are archives of info here.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Antonella1946 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:11 am

Hello,

I don't know. Everything about Jamiroquai and jk and its music is so captivating. But I would not make a religion out of them. Music, whenit is so tantalising like Jamiroquai's, is very distracting and can become a drug. And nobody needs this. I don't want to be an enemy here. I like jamiroquai, myself. But I heard a few hypucritical sentences from Jay, and this makes me like him a little less. After all he got from life, he still seems not so happy. May God help him, honestly.
Antonella1946

Postby Antonella1946 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:24 am

Little gossip: is the blond model in the Allright video Denise Van Outen?
Antonella1946

Postby Gabrielamagalhaespaes on Fri May 08, 2015 5:00 pm

olá Giba !
o Brasil e eu precisamos muito do Jamiroquai ! As músicas aqui é um verdadeiro horror .... Volte Jay , volte com tudo Por favor !
Gabrielamagalhaespaes

Postby Giba7 on Tue May 12, 2015 4:11 pm

ola Gabriela!
Brasil fica mais Jamiroquai do que os EUA faz! :lol: :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Black Crow - amazing lyrically and musically (and visually in my mind :-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:54 pm

Mmmmm - never heard that.

Giba you must have an inside connection - please put in a request that JAM includes Shoot the Moon on the new album - live in Montreaux I think (which is no longer available on youtube :-(
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:57 pm

joliefille wrote:Mmmmm - never heard that.

Giba you must have an inside connection - please put in a request that JAM includes Shoot the Moon on the new album - live in Montreaux I think (which is no longer available on youtube :-(

I have no inside connections -make your request here! I don't even no what year, but I can bet if Zender is the original bassist -it won't be on the album.
This guy is awesome --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLMXftbpB0A
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:23 am

Ok Giba consider it done. Please see below :D
joliefille
Supersonic

PreviousNext

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat