Home
Jamiroquai

What are you loving today about Jamiroquai music?

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Re: What are you loving today about Jamiroquai music?

Postby joliefille on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:41 am

Dear Mr. Kay,

This post hereby officially requests that you include the track entitled "Shoot the Moon" on any upcoming Jamiroquai album or musical releases (e.g., Soundcloud perhaps?)

The world is in dire need of such joy that the song could bring. And perhaps by spreading such joy we could uplift people's moods and there would be more peace and less anger and violence in the world. :-) (All kidding aside, Britain is very fortunate that gun control is not an issue as it is in the States.)

In addition, your track "Smile" should be included on the new album as well. It is a sexy song and I believe in making love; not war. People being properly shagged may contribute to more peaceful, harmonious world as well.

I appreciate your cooperation with the two requests made herein in advance.

Sincerely and all the best,
Joliefille
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:39 pm

Oh absolutely "Smile" should be on there. I have only heard "Shoot the Moon" a few times.
Youtube is blocked in America, but Daily Motion has it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmON_xV ... 4&index=10
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bmjf ... live_music

So not Zender -I think Nick Fyffe (also gone) so would need permission if they co-wrote. Rob Harris is lead at Montreaux and for Funk Odyssey, and I assume is still in the band.

joliefille wrote:The world is in dire need of such joy that the song could bring. And perhaps by spreading such joy we could uplift people's moods and there would be more peace and less anger and violence in the world. :-)

:lol: plus I'm hoping for some brand new joy to come :))
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:17 am

:-) My request was in jest. However, I am sure some barristers/lawyers and $$ can resolve the legalities.

Joy will come. It is always there but gets clouded and hidden; yet music, beauty, nature, love, people can bring it to light. Jam's music seems to bring a lot joy and reignite that joyous spark within all of us. I do not know how to explain it.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:51 am

no not in jest -perhaps they should be released properly. I definitely want Smile :)

joliefille wrote::-) Joy will come. It is always there but gets clouded and hidden; yet music, beauty, nature, love, people can bring it to light. Jam's music seems to bring a lot joy and reignite that joyous spark within all of us. I do not know how to explain it.

yes, joy will come, even in the sad songs! (wait, do they ever write sad songs?!)
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:36 am

Mmm great question. Contemplative songs such as Black Crow, Corner of the Earth. I am not sure why but those songs make me contemplate nature and the planet. Recently, Corner of the Earth came on in the car - and the sun came out of hiding with that line "don't you see the sun is shining" etc. It's simple stuff but effective because anyone can relate.

If you're married or have a long term partner, the last album contained a lot truthful relationship songs; more so than the other albums.

haha - smile makes me strut.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:33 am

Contemplative. Yes that's what it is -just kinda mellow.
I really do love Corner of the Earth. It is something you have to feel, especially if you love nature.
And the video is awesome! Black Crow is awesome too.
I think Jami shies away from deep soulful sad songs. Just not their genre I guess.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:50 pm

Giba7
Runaway

Postby JamiroMiller on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi Everyone
I'm new here, 90s baby and been a mad fan since I was a child but only just found the forum. I have read this whole thread and it's awesome to see so many like-minded people. I'm 25 and I know no one who likes Jamiroquai like I do, most people only know virtual insanity and have no idea how great all the albums are. So it's nice to "meet" all of you. :)
I saw on Paul Turner's Twitter they are working on new stuff and I'm so excited.
I'm not as clued up on RDLS but that is my spring project.

I went to get my campervan from near where Jay lives at the weekend and just wished it was OK to pop in for a cuppa and meet my idol. :lol:
Maybe another day....
JamiroMiller

Postby Giba7 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:12 pm

welcome JamiroMiller!
I'm the only one here now, it's pretty boring. just hoping for new stuff.
I drop in the music section whatever music is going on in my world.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:27 am

What is going on with this site?
Did Jamiroquai forget to renew the domain name? Who runs it? Sony?
Will it be taken over by the zombie apocalypse or will it go down the drain?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnIehujVAXY

and away goes trouble down the drain :P
Giba7
Runaway

Previous

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat