Home
Jamiroquai

New Album

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

New Album

Postby sharky3121 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 pm

I would just like to say that I have followed Jamiroquai since day 1, however the new album is a lot different from previous albums. I think that the funkiness is slightly missing from the 'Rock Dust Light Star' and although it is a well written piece of music and Jay is doing what he does best, there is something missing, it's not a favourite of mine out of the album catalouge.

Mark C
sharky3121

Re: New Album

Postby Jazzhole on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:41 am

Hey, man!

I totally know what you are talking about! Jamiroquai is not the same it was 20 years ago, 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. This last album was kinda too rocky for my taste, but still good. It has great songs, like Lifleline and She's a fast persuader. But it can't be compared with the Jamiroquai of the 90's with the scatting, the saxo, the DJ Scratching. That was the golden era.

However, Jamiroquai is still awesome! It is an archetype of Cool! EVerything Jay Kay touches turns into gold, and the last album is, in my opinion, good.
Jazzhole
Supersonic

Postby sharky3121 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:45 pm

I agree, Jay is doing his thing, I do believe though that he has slightly changed his direction now, he is getting older I suppose and his voice has changed some what so I would guess that it would be difficult to produce music like he used to in the 90's. Hale to Jay, at least he's still in the game, most bands would have folded years ago.
sharky3121

Postby Giba7 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:41 pm

sharky3121 wrote:Hale to Jay, at least he's still in the game, most bands would have folded years ago.

:lol: :lol: :?:
So many bands are a flash in the pan. And probably why they don't continue.
But certainly being 40 isn't a reason to quit.
But yes, he(they) still got it and can do it and want to do it.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Alicetc on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:01 pm

I agree with you guys, and that's most people's reaction to the album, at least the fans I've spoken about it...

It's a good album, I don't even think it's that rocky, but it's definitely lacking a more funky groovy vibe, when comparing to their previous albums. I listen to it often, but I never got addicted to it as I still am with most of their previous ones. Also, aren't there too many slow songs in RDLS? A lot more than usual anyway...

I think Matt Johnson is the one that impressed me the most in the album. His lines are the funk I'm always looking for hehe.

But yeah, the band didn't really disappoint me with RDLS. It's still my favorite band :) Can't wait to see them live again!
Alicetc

Postby eschoendorff on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Huh... I have the opposite reaction. I like RDLS and cannot stop playing it because it isn't like the other albums. I like different when it comes to music.

Great tunes, great writing and great execution. Now we just need the band to play the states!
eschoendorff
Supersonic

Postby Uriziel on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 pm

i like it :p
Uriziel

Postby Giba7 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:16 pm

What's funny, is the album that I discovered Jamiroquai with, and probably had the most sales and most popularity is Travelling Without Moving. But I'm kinda sick of it! :shock:
Overplayed.

It's nice to have new stuff, and shelve the old for a bit.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Oh damn...I totally love travelling without moving, never gets old. Perfect album to listen while making our bed, saturday morning :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby R I T A on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:20 pm

caroli wrote:Oh damn...I totally love travelling without moving, never gets old. Perfect album to listen while making our bed, saturday morning :mrgreen:

haha, tell me about it!! i just listened to it this morning, while making my bed (turns out making a bed doesn't have to be that boring)
R I T A
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:13 pm

Indeed! High Five :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat