Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai fans born in the 90's?

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Jamiroquai fans born in the 90's?

Postby Ignition on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:55 pm

This is a problem I've been having whenever I tell anyone my age about Jamiroquai. I'm 19, and I grew up with Emergency on Planet Earth and all their albums after that...but no one else my age knows anything about Jamiroquai! GAH! It makes me so annoyed!

So please...I'm not the only young fan of this amazing band, am I? Honestly, I have my uncle to thank for everything. He's the one who brought home the Emergency on Planet Earth CD so he could play along to Zender. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Ignition on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ignition

Re: Jamiroquai fans under born in the 90's?

Postby caroli on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:46 pm

I'm 17! Was born an year after they joined... :lol: People my age know Jamiroquai, only don't really like it...excepting some friends of mine who actually have good taste :lol:

Also...you joined the forum on my b.day *random* :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Re: Jamiroquai fans born in the 90's?

Postby Ninochka on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:24 am

Am I also count? I'm 13, born in the 90s...late 90s by the way. :lol:
Also, I've never found any other people in my age who loves JMQ. More often, they don't know what Jamiroquai is. :roll:
Sometimes I feel annoyed too.
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby Spacec0wboY on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:12 pm

No dude, your not. Me and my mates are massive Jamiroquai fans, (like literally nuts), and we are all 19 or 18. They're an intellectual following, most people just aren't intellectual.

Peace, love, good vibez.
Spacec0wboY

Postby R I T A on Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:12 am

I'm 16!! :D when i started liking jamiroquai they had just released dynamite, i became a fan immidiately and that was my favorite album, but once i discovered the older albums, then i became fanatic :lol: . unfortunatelly my friends only like jamiroquai's dynamite and afo songs. oh! and white knuckle ride :D but none of them is a fan like me
R I T A
Supersonic

Postby Uriziel on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:56 pm

im 18 and yeah most people dont know what Jamiroquai is but i have thought them :D
Uriziel

Postby ErinUSA on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:05 am

I was born in the 70's (and that's all you're gettin' :wink: ). My father introduced me to all types of music from many different eras in time. To this very day I still love and appreciate all of those bands regardless of their time or when I was born. I think it is very cool that there are so many young people today who are just now discovering a band like Jamiroquai that has been around for as long as they have. It goes to show the wide spectrum of people who truly appreciate real, good, music!

Kudos to all of you "youngins" who appreciate this band and I feel bad for those who haven't yet discovered them. But the coolest part of it all is that I'm sure those same people would love them!
ErinUSA

Postby Tiffinypie on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:24 pm

ErinUSA wrote:I was born in the 70's (and that's all you're gettin' :wink: ).

No shame in your age girl :wink: Funny my kids say the same thing , My oldest was born in 97' and his friends laugh at him because he likes JMQ. (due to his car collection too) Im exposing my kids to all types of music , classical, funk, jazz, rock, Latin, and yes some metal, whatever makes them feel good. I love seeing young people appreciate good music, brings a tear to my eye :)
Tiffinypie
Mr Moon

Postby A_Racer on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:28 pm

I'm 24 so it doesn't count, but I grew up like a Space Cowboy, and I have a bunch of friends that just love Jamiroquai, but the people i know born in the 90's just listen to some music I can't stand! :shock:

Glad to know there is a young-funky-generation somewhere!
A_Racer

Postby BlackCapricornDay on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:21 am

Hey i'm 24 too, but i consider myself as a new Jamiroquai fan though .. coz i didn't follow them from their early career, you know my first encounter was AFO and then moving backward and then you know .. btw i grew up with all the music scene from 90's and so is now ..

.. most Jamiroquai fans don't work with today's 21st century music i think .. :P
BlackCapricornDay
Supersonic

Postby Ninochka on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Tiffinypie wrote:My oldest was born in 97' and his friends laugh at him because he likes JMQ.

Your son is at the same age as me! And his friends laugh at him coz he likes JMQ?

BlackCapricornDay wrote:.. most Jamiroquai fans don't work with today's 21st century music i think .. :P

Hmm, not really I think. :roll:
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby Tiffinypie on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Yeah , most of the kids have no clue who they are. Only the teachers that are my age. :)
Tiffinypie
Mr Moon

Postby R I T A on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:17 pm

i have actually been spending a lot of time on facebook and i've been visiting some friends' and their friends profiles and i've noticed that a lot of people around my age (15/16/17..) like jamiroquai, or at least they know them, because they like they're (jamiroquai's) profile. that really made me happy. plus, since the new album release, 22 of my friends hae liked their page!! :D
R I T A
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Big increase..."flying up to heavennnn!" :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby mariamgogoladze on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 pm

i'm 16. I was really surprised when listen to jamiroquai. this song was love foolosophy.. It was amazing..and started with this... i think today in georgia many young people know who are jamiroquai, but they listen just few songs.. but of course there are many fans.
mariamgogoladze

Postby dargelita on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:32 am

i was born in '92 and i still remember DU in Godzilla
dargelita
Runaway

Postby DJ-cassius on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:27 pm

errr im 14 so errr yeah, not like it bothers me >3< , my friend shannon likes them, its like with my friends i show them a song and they will like convert e.g daft punk, steve aoki , deadmau5 and yep jamiroquai :mrgreen:
DJ-cassius
Supersonic

Postby Tyrulz on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:32 pm

I'm 19, and I found Jamiroquai when they played Virtual Insanity for the first time on MTV. This band has been the ongoing soundtrack to my life ever since. It does suck really that no one else around our age group is aware of them, Im proud to be apart of those who do though, the music has this energy that I can't feel bad listening to. It's funny really because I was in lecture one day, and my professor asked what I was listening to as I walked in, I said Jamiroquai and he laughed and said He used to listen to them when he was still in college.
Tyrulz

Postby R I T A on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:42 pm

i think that a lot of people like/have heard a lot of jamiroquai songs (at least the biggest hits) but they just might don't who's the band that play them. at least, that happens a lot to me: really liking a song and don't know who's it from :? so, they actually like jamiroquai, but they just don't know it :D
R I T A
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Happened to me with the Dandies! That's indeed a universal truth :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby R I T A on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:48 pm

i guess...! :D that happens a lot to me, luckily we've got youtube
R I T A
Supersonic

Postby FunkEducation on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:34 pm

I was born in the 80's!
But it wasn't to the year 2000 i met Jamiroquai! But I remember having heard some songs before that!
The best has ever happened to me, really! ;)
FunkEducation

Postby Ninochka on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 am

R I T A wrote:i guess...! :D that happens a lot to me, luckily we've got youtube

And Google. :lol:
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat