Home
Jamiroquai

Big Jamiroquai announcement this Friday!!!!!!!!

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Re: Big Jamiroquai announcement this Friday!!!!!!!!

Postby Sandriche on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:55 am

agreed erin!
the fatal error here was in the pre-announcement.
and WHOEVER is responsible for that will for sure see the reaction and hopefully learn from this. it was propably a new very motivated person getting excited about the news he/ she was about to post and unfortunately forgetting about the fact what was expected from SO MANY FANS here.
and i encourage everyone to express their thoughts.

also if i repeat myself i still want to make clear that i am VERY HAPPY for the london based fans or the ones who can still manage travel on such notice..cheap entry..COOL venue..it will be a blast
i hope to see many pictures ,reviews and maybe even a few snippets of some new songs.!
Sandriche

Postby ivy on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:29 am

Jameerica wrote:
ivy wrote:is this a bad time to laugh? :lol:

I laughed as soon as I heard of the planned announcement. Now, I'm crying. Out of laughter, of course.

rotfl, too funny!

Great :D, huge relief, don't wanna seem jerkish, glad u could also see the haliarity in this situation. It was a big announcment , with a little "shrug my shoulders let down " it derseves a big laugh and cry from laughter :P

Big announcement!.., with a little b xD
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby MsP on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:39 am

Don't shoot the messenger!

How this news is received is subjective; in my eyes it's a big announcement. The tickets are only available to purchase by fans registered at this website. The price of the tickets is nominal - if you consider how much the band will earn from this it's peanuts (again subjective, I would like to earn that amount in a night!). So this isn't about revenue and I would like to think it's not all promotional. I think it's a gift to the fans.

As to the individual who raised the news item I can only imagine they are a HUGE fan and the news made them very happy.

I think it's all positive and we should be pleased it's all coming together again.

btw. Hope you're well Sandriche!!
MsP
Supersonic

Postby Sandriche on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:53 am

i just suggested in the comments that there should be a LIVE STREAM of the event
!
i totally understand that it is a " gift" but wouldn´t u assume something different when u hear " BIG ANNOUNCEMENT"??? what if they announced a warm up gig in South America..wouldn´t u kinda feel like...oh well..thats great..but it´s not a big announcement
everybody around agrees that the chosed words were misleading and raising wrong hopes..
all in all we are happy SOMETHING is happening again on the jamiroquai front...

hope u are well too jan..x
Sandriche

Postby Feliz on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:31 am

A live stream would be a fabulous idea! Especially for those of us across the ocean :( What would be more awesome? A live chat on display! okay now I'm just getting carried away lol :mrgreen:
Feliz
Supersonic

Postby Sandriche on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:13 am

there is nothing wrong with getting carried away.. :mrgreen:
Sandriche

Postby RunawayMaggie on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Oh. I've just seen this. Thank goodness I decided to check my emails. It is great for us in the UK to have a gig like this. Sorry for everyone else. I too wish it was details of a music release. But a live stream sounds wonderful Sandra!

I've been a little pre-occupied lately. My poor big sis died suddenly in May and her funeral was on 8th June - so the internet has been not so important to me.

I did need cheering up though and this, alongside the Hyde Park gig, is perfect.
(still haven't had our tickets for that one actually - I hope they haven't got lost? :( )

x
RunawayMaggie

Postby Turcajamiroca on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:12 pm

Sandriche wrote:i just suggested in the comments that there should be a LIVE STREAM of the event
!
i totally understand that it is a " gift" but wouldn´t u assume something different when u hear " BIG ANNOUNCEMENT"??? what if they announced a warm up gig in South America..wouldn´t u kinda feel like...oh well..thats great..but it´s not a big announcement
everybody around agrees that the chosed words were misleading and raising wrong hopes..
all in all we are happy SOMETHING is happening again on the jamiroquai front...

hope u are well too jan..x

I totally agree. The fact of making a pre-gig a "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" it's hilarious. This is only BIG for those who can go to this joke of DEBUT pre-gig. Not BIG for me, not BIG for those who don't live in UK or Europe. The person who thought this announcement was a great idea, surely didn't realise that Jamiroquai has fans ALL AROUND THE WORLD and, I dare to say, they put together more people in most of those places than in London. The idea of a small venue is good, but is not good to be applied in all the countries where they tour. For an instance, in Argentina a small venue is impossible 'cos they only make one or two dates, and larger number of fans would be out. So, a small venue isn't a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT... TWICE. And if I keep thinking for a while, I'll find more reasons why this news was a BIG DISSAPOINTMENT
Turcajamiroca

Postby Giba7 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:31 am

Oh, they needed some news and a pre-announcement couldn't hurt. Look at the flowing conversation.
As for tickets being available to only those on this website -the true fans -Awesome.

Enjoy the show -all that go! 8)

RunawayMaggie -So Sorry for the loss of your sister. :(
Giba7
Runaway

Postby dargelita on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:16 am

i'm really sorry maggie :cry:
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Emmass on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:02 am

I'm sorry, I'm a newbie from Belgium.
I was wondering how you can get the tickets for the Jamiroquai warm up gig at Debut London?

I'm blonde and don't know a lot about computers, please help me out :oops:

Thx,
Emma
Emmass

Postby Runaway Maggie on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:58 am

Yay! Thanks for selling all the tickets before 12 GMT. Who was the idiot who put them on sale before then? And didn't tell us?

A number of fans who have been on the forums for years haven't got tickets now. Big thanks.
Runaway Maggie
Supersonic

Postby Runaway Maggie on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:01 am

dargelita wrote:i'm really sorry maggie :cry:

Thanks darge. It was very sudden and extremely sad.

Now - instead of merely pissed off about not getting tickets for 24th, I'm crying about it! My emotions are obviously too close to the surface. (silly aren't I!?)

Hope all is good with you (sorry - off topic a bit)
x
Runaway Maggie
Supersonic

Postby ErinUSA on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:13 pm

If you all haven't noticed already (which some of you have) the gig is SOLD OUT!!

Below is the updated message on the Homepage Blog:
(the message was edited from Friday's original date/post)

Debut Club: Sold Out
Posted on 11.06.2010

The tickets for the Debut Club show, on Thursday 24th, sold out within minutes of going on sale. We're very excited about this gig and for everyone who got a ticket!

We know many of you are upset that you couldn't get a ticket due to the website becoming very slow. We know that when tickets are so limited there will be fans who are left disappointed and are sorry if you tried but got the "Sold Out" message.
ErinUSA

Postby Sandriche on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:59 pm

thanks erin for posting..i was busy yesterday reading all the upset messages on facebook, funkin...
Sandriche

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Hello,

:( Yeah, all the 'mild non-ticket getting horror stories' I keep reading continues to make me speak out more regularly than I prone too, mostly to make ME & the Jamily feel better :( . When I read the latest update on the Official about the tickets being sold out for the 'Debut' Gig, I couldn't help but open my big diatribed keyboard again in the following COMMENT:

I don't why they even bothered posting an update about the Debut tickets being sold out, the damage was done WAY before , with the horribly misworded pre-announcement. The real gripe of this whole affair was why didn't they at least give us fans a EARLIER WARNING about this gig, it's like we had to scramble in ONE WEEK to possess tickets for this pre-gig. I'm sorry to continue 'harping bad thoughts', but really, let's be completely real, damage is done, time to move on, HQ, for goodness sake, just give us some new album details, we don't care if the new album is coming 'indetermine date September 2010', we don't care if doing this would RUIN your already 'flimsy new album promotions plans', and we certainly don't care about how much you could make it uo to all of us by feeling YOU ARE making it up to us by devulging a smidgen or even a tease of new album details. You have wounded 'fan relations' indefinitely with this foible, so make some good come out of this, give us new album details.....that's all we ask.. Sincerely, JamiroFan2000

And posted the following on JamiroTalk.net:

HEHE, I thought it was rather comical that HQ would FINALLY get around to 'unconscious admitting' to realizing that fans would be 'disappointed' about NOT being able to score the Debut Tickets and NOT properly acknowledge being MORE at fault in the original pre-announcement that cooked all of our gooses, and to go even FURTHER by slightly blaming the 'slowness' of the site when it came getting/paying for just goes to show how it was THEM rather than the site that seemed 'not to be working properly'. I don't mean to sound like I'm 'stirring the pot' of hatred towards HQ, I really wish they would come out and admit their wrongs, don't you think the 'pre-announcement' should have been made a few WEEKS before the gig? I think it should have, and just continues to show the blatant ineptness that is continuing to show itself at HQ. Wink In any case, and asiding my constructive rant there, I hope everyone who got tickets to the DEBUT and Stevie gigs have a great time and bring the Jamily back some GREAT live pictures, videos and audio Wink . Cheers!

:) So, I will endeavor to try to this whole melee behind me in my future postings, but I can't make any promises, though I feel indebted to speak when I must speak, be it favorable OR unfavorable :) . ;) In any case, thanks for listening and always showing a balanced opinion everyone ;) ! Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

* Listen to JamiroFan2000's Favorite Music @ His Blip.fm @ http://www.blip.fm/DJJuxtaposedJunkie *
* And keep up with the latest Jamiroquai Happening @ The Jamiroquai Club Yahoo Group @ http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/jamiroquai *
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:58 pm

No, instead they should just look at the activity at their official site, and simply hand out tickets to those who keep the converstiion alive! E-mail us and ask for our adresses, then come and perform in each of our cities.

Hey, I'm serious! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Feliz on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:32 pm

I feel really bad for those of you who couldn't get those tickets, my heart goes out to you.

BUT look on the bright side, at least you're not in NY with no way to even get to see them. lol. wait... ahhhh :cry:
Feliz
Supersonic

Postby Runaway Maggie on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:17 am

Be patient. You will one day.
*crosses fingers for you*
:(
Runaway Maggie
Supersonic

Postby popalot on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:01 pm

i want to see Jay and the band perform on Jonathan Ross, Graham Norton Show, One Show...as many as poss! :lol: :lol: :lol:
popalot
Supersonic

Postby Feliz on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:58 am

thanks maggie :) although sometimes they say you shouldn't meet your hero's.. lol
Feliz
Supersonic

Postby dargelita on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:23 am

Runaway Maggie wrote:
dargelita wrote:i'm really sorry maggie :cry:

Thanks darge. It was very sudden and extremely sad.

Now - instead of merely pissed off about not getting tickets for 24th, I'm crying about it! My emotions are obviously too close to the surface. (silly aren't I!?)

Hope all is good with you (sorry - off topic a bit)
x

i'm gonna tell you a stupid secret.. please don't tell anybody :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i TRULY cried when i heard jamiroquai starting the gig @Club Ciudad Buenos Aires with Rev 1993 back in 2006. god, and i was at home listening to it on the radio :cry:
dargelita
Runaway

Postby dargelita on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:24 am

popalot wrote:i want to see Jay and the band perform on Jonathan Ross, Graham Norton Show, One Show...as many as poss! :lol: :lol: :lol:

graham norton! lol that'd be really nice!
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Runaway Maggie on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:26 am

You're such a sweetie Darge :D

I could have gone though, you know - but I also know that Russ and Jan were more upset than me not to get tickets and I said they could have the tickets George was going to pass to me - when he'd already PM'd me with the details. Half of me wishes I hadn't - the other half sees how excited and happy they are and I'm happy for them.

But I'm seeing them on Saturday at Hyde Park and I'm really excited about it. For the first time!!! I hope it's all I'm expecting and more.
Runaway Maggie
Supersonic

Previous

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat