Home
Jamiroquai

ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM

Postby lola on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:48 am

ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM
We already know that there is an "old school" and others who are in favour of innovation ... Not every innovation is good or what is bad traditional.

I do not think I can say objectively (as you will be many) because I like everything he does JAMIROQUAI, although I must admit that some items of the past albums as FJLIS Electric Mistress or are not my favourites.

I think what I said on another occasion, JAMI has the genius to make ALL DIFFERENT songs but is able to continue in its style. Would a song that you seem equal or similar to another please ... There are many groups that take the same sound and repeated in all his songs and all their albums, JAMI NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

For the next album:

-- I hope that the winds again (already seen as changing the songs with them in the Jazz Cafe).
-- I hope that mix old school with new times.
-- I hope that no methane songs "filler".
-- I hope that the letters are committed and poetic.
-- I hope that it is "midnight funk."

Do bufaloman revert to the front?
Do revert hat AFO abandoned to their fate which Planet of the Apes?

Album nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww
:D
lola
Supersonic

Postby Jana B on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:22 pm

I hope the next album became soon!!! :D
But can have more soul and funk without eletronics things. More "space cowboy"...into back to the basic form.
Jamiroquai can try put some brazilians sounds in them albums! Acid Jazz Samba... :D ...like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsFVr7VkEvU
Jana B
Supersonic

Postby ivy on Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:19 am

if theres something with the past infused with what I liked in jamiro during synk,afo and dyna I wouldn't mind, but if its purely old school I'll love it the same way I;ve learned to love the first few,
the anticipation is getting to me, i feel nervous :shock:
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby solstar on Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:04 am

Jana B wrote:Acid Jazz Samba... :D ...like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsFVr7VkEvU

I love this! Thanks!!! :D
solstar
Supersonic

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:16 am

solstar wrote:
Jana B wrote:Acid Jazz Samba... :D ...like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsFVr7VkEvU

I love this! Thanks!!! :D

Same here.Awesome. Thanks
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby Jana B on Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:54 pm

Welcome!
Oh, I'm happy to hear this!
Jana B
Supersonic

Postby lola on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:39 pm

More opinions about...
lola
Supersonic

Postby iranterres on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:51 pm

Personally i think this new album will be a sort of 'transitional' for the band. It was clear from Jay Kay that he desires a more 'old school' way in the future, but thinking better, his music is under a ravamping right now, and i think pretty much, on what we will see on the next album will be more of a concept at all. I think we will see a mix of the old school with the "3 minute paps" as Jay says himself, maybe the next album beyond this one, then yes, we will have the true notion of the musical direction fo the band. ;)

Peace and Funk!
iranterres

Postby Soul Sista on Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:58 pm

the new album shud be the original JMQ not this electronic nonsense. hurts ma godam ears. it ain got that love you know what i mean. What happned to the mellow sound and i really really miss the digeridoo :cry:

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD JMQ :cry:
Soul Sista
Supersonic

Postby *SouLovEviL* on Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:36 pm

Soul Sista wrote: i really really miss the digeridoo :cry:

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD JMQ :cry:

I miss too... :cry: and want old JMQ :(
*SouLovEviL*

Postby Jana B on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:27 pm

I don't know if something sounds the old jamiroquai will be create but I guess fresh things is coming. But maybe They can do something like Al Green in his last album - Lay it Down. Al Green is so good now how he was a long time ago. But still is a different thing.
Jana B
Supersonic

Postby *LeeLoo* on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:25 pm

I heard more people talking about de "old school style" and their prefenece about first albums.

Personally, I like more the last albums than the first. This it's 'cause the first that I listen to Jamiroquai was Virtual Insanity , and I kwon the band since that moment.

I'm not in the leader's mind (this probably should been pretty curious :D) and I only suppose his ideas about the new sound of his music...

...BUT...

...Listen their last concerts it's seems that the band is going to their first times mixed with their long-years-expirience in music world. Returnig to past with the current kwonedelges.
This is my sensation.

It seems that people're a bit frigthened about changes... I feel like this, but Jamiroquai it's a great band and they never dissapointed their fans. I think that they can do a great job again.
Don't lost the spirit now!
*LeeLoo*
Supersonic

Postby Desmodus on Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:31 pm

Well, many people have expressed about the new album, details, prefrences, styles.....and so on and so on....but for me, personally I think, is good to wait a new album from this band, whatever it is, whatever it takes, JAMIROQUAI is a relevant band into its own genre, I mean funky-disco, r&b...genre...I just say: IS A NEW ALBUM, WAIT FOR IT AND ANALYSE IT, AND THEN SAY A WORD, AFTER LISTEN TO IT CAREFULLY.

Changes...no changes....Who knows!!!??? The fact is that JAMIROQUAI MUST preserve the OLD FUNKY-DISCO STYLE managed obviously in the first records...and REFLECT IT to this present time...

Personally I think JK is not afraid about changes and he knows how to deal with it.....changes are good....Ohhhh man!!! I just quote the wisdom phrase a SWEDISH METAL BAND said once:

CHANGE THE PATH IN ORDER TO SURVIVE (In Flames, Album: Come Clarity)

Open Mind for changes...they just happen...and in music, we have to accept it... :wink:

Greetings for everybody
Desmodus
Space Cowboy

back to old school

Postby Alyx on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:27 pm

Yes. More acid jazz, more acid jazz. I want more alternative music.
Alyx

Re: back to old school

Postby Desmodus on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:32 am

Alyx wrote:Yes. More acid jazz, more acid jazz. I want more alternative music.

Alyx!!!! off couse indeed!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: we need more from that...
Desmodus
Space Cowboy

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat