Home
Jamiroquai

understanding (of some lyrics) ?

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

understanding (of some lyrics) ?

Postby Flatko on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:40 pm

Hi, funky souls:)
I haven't been here for a long time, but one very philosophical question took me here again. I like very much the lyrics of Time Wont Wait and Do You Know Where You Coming From. Sounds like a poetry, even if my language is far away from english... It fits in my soul very much, but i think there is some deeper message in songs like these... for example, who is "she" on the bus stop ;) or... "here in the dark"... Maybe i dont understand the whole meaning of this, who can say...

What do you think about it?
Flatko

Location: Tyrnovo, Bulgaria, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe...

Re: understanding (of some lyrics) ?

Postby R2D2 on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:58 am

Flatko wrote:Hi, funky souls:)
I haven't been here for a long time, but one very philosophical question took me here again. I like very much the lyrics of Time Wont Wait and Do You Know Where You Coming From. Sounds like a poetry, even if my language is far away from english... It fits in my soul very much, but i think there is some deeper message in songs like these... for example, who is "she" on the bus stop ;) or... "here in the dark"... Maybe i dont understand the whole meaning of this, who can say...

What do you think about it?

Hmmm interesting... I thought that here in the dark refered to a depressed mental state, and time won't wait i thought also referred to being disullusioned with life and getting advice from someone who says don't let things get you down, over come them and keep living. Anway that is just my thought
R2D2
Supersonic

Re: understanding (of some lyrics) ?

Postby Flatko on Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:49 pm

I thought that here in the dark refered to a depressed mental state, and time won't wait i thought also referred to being disullusioned with life

That's what i'm feeling the last days ;) I think, "nothing is as clear" is the key...
Have you ever received that kind of friendly support from someone else? I think, it's one of the most wise messages in JK music...
Flatko

Location: Tyrnovo, Bulgaria, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe...

Postby R2D2 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:28 am

hope you feel better soon. :) Let's analyse some more songs/poetry :)
R2D2
Supersonic

Postby kg on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:27 am

hey great post! l ask to my self that a lot too, with so many lyrics
yes. l think aswell, that time wont wait, is about dont let the things go, do, what you have to do, and do it right, but if you get wrong, juts learn...
were you coming from, is like a wierd song, l think, to me is like, a "know you self" sometimes you do thing and you dont understand why and at the end you stop in a place where you dont want to be... or vice versa...

and yessss! more songs plase, like l dont get drifting along, is really sad, but so beautiful... what do you think?
kg
Dynamite

Postby R2D2 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:16 am

kg wrote:hey great post! l ask to my self that a lot too, with so many lyrics
yes. l think aswell, that time wont wait, is about dont let the things go, do, what you have to do, and do it right, but if you get wrong, juts learn...
were you coming from, is like a wierd song, l think, to me is like, a "know you self" sometimes you do thing and you dont understand why and at the end you stop in a place where you dont want to be... or vice versa...

and yessss! more songs plase, like l dont get drifting along, is really sad, but so beautiful... what do you think?

It's not one of my favourite jamiroquai songs Kg :). You're right I think it's a bit on the down side, but the music is so up beat. It's a bit reggae. It's like the song is about someone who is going to do their best to keep moving forward until they find where they belong, but while this person is moving through life, there is chaos all around, eg "murder in the streets" unless that is some sort of slang...
when i listen to this song its like a person is moving through their own life, doing their best to dodge all the crap that life can dish out.
R2D2
Supersonic

Postby kg on Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:26 am

yep, l think your right, well, l was a little bit reggae girl, but that was past times :lol: , so... is not one of my fav right now...
so... uhhhhmmm :roll: ok, lets see, deeper underground... what about that? is weird... :lol:
kg
Dynamite

Postby R2D2 on Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:10 pm

kg wrote:yep, l think your right, well, l was a little bit reggae girl, but that was past times :lol: , so... is not one of my fav right now...
so... uhhhhmmm :roll: ok, lets see, deeper underground... what about that? is weird... :lol:

lol, this made me laugh, because isn't this the song about the poor dinosaur that everyone had to feel sorry for hahahahalo.

The first part I thought was about godzilla needing to get away from the hysteria in the city streets and he needs to hide real quick or else the humans are going to shoot him down

I like the song it has an edge i like, but it had to grow on me, but can i be brutally honest....

I love Jamiroquai's music so don't get me wrong, but, well, hmmm, a lot of the songs are just , well GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT! i mean i listen to the song "falling", which I totally love, so don't get me wrong but the song kind of switches tense and confuses me. How can you be falling in love for someone but dream that they would come back to you??? Falling is the future, but I feel that the song switches between present and past. It goes from falling head over heels in love again to hoping the person reappears in the morning and sort of ends up being a song about reminisng about a lost love... I don't get it, but maybe I am wrong...I'll still listen to it, cause the music is so cool
R2D2
Supersonic

Postby kg on Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:30 pm

:lol: :lol: poor Godz LOL!
l feel tha DU is, like l dont know, a warning about NY :lol: l will never go there, were you nobody ppppff LOL!

well, falling, l can tell you l feel the sound first, coz english is not my languaje, so, falling... well yes, is a little bit confussed with the tenses, but to me is like, l fall in love, but that person is not there, and you waiting for, waiting to come back, to reapear, that great love, is like that sex scene and the fall in love... like love blind :lol: but the sweet...
kg
Dynamite

Postby Jameerica on Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:01 pm

R2D2 wrote:
kg wrote:yep, l think your right, well, l was a little bit reggae girl, but that was past times :lol: , so... is not one of my fav right now...

lol, this made me laugh, because isn't this the song about the poor dinosaur that everyone had to feel sorry for hahahahalo.

The first part I thought was about godzilla needing to get away from the hysteria in the city streets and he needs to hide real quick or else the humans are going to shoot him down

I like the song it has an edge i like, but it had to grow on me, but can i be brutally honest....

I love Jamiroquai's music so don't get me wrong, but, well, hmmm, a lot of the songs are just , well GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT! i mean i listen to the song "falling", which I totally love, so don't get me wrong but the song kind of switches tense and confuses me. How can you be falling in love for someone but dream that they would come back to you??? Falling is the future, but I feel that the song switches between present and past. It goes from falling head over heels in love again to hoping the person reappears in the morning and sort of ends up being a song about reminisng about a lost love... I don't get it, but maybe I am wrong...I'll still listen to it, cause the music is so cool

What about: remembering someone from the past that had an effect as that person from the future?
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby R2D2 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:55 pm

hmmmm i listened to fallin again, and i still get confused. :?
R2D2
Supersonic

Postby kg on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:51 pm

Huuumm, possibly, remeber, yes l could be...but l dont know really, l think it goes deeper, but perhaps, but then it will be like Butterfly, thats a remembering song

@R2D2 here is not unusual be confussed :lol: :lol:
kg
Dynamite

Postby Jameerica on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Butterfly is good.It's better than Falling,lyrically and musically
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby kg on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:41 am

huummm, yep, l love falling but l agreed with you, but l ment coparing themes in lyrics...
kg
Dynamite

Postby R2D2 on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:21 am

LOL KG :lol: You know the first Jamiroquai song i ever heard was butterfly. A guy I had met asked me to listen to it. I got a bit confused as to why of all songs he would choose butterfly, so i asked him are you in love with me?????? Anyway i ened up "falling" :P in love with Jamiroquai.
R2D2
Supersonic

Postby Flatko on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:15 pm

Ok, Falling is one of that songs... its just a feeling...
Just a feeling out of time and space ;) Thats why its so confused in tenses, i think.

But Starchild is so strange for me. I mean, i like it as a feeling, as an emotion, both lyrics and music, even if i get confused with lyrics. What do you think?
Flatko

Postby Nuka_kobaxidze on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:44 am

I like very much the lyrics of Talullah.This always makes me remind of someone.It is so sad......
Now there's a hole in my soul
And I'm losing control
I know you're my magic star
But you've gone away and flown too far this time....On this forum someone wrote that Jay always Gets what he wants but he can't get what he needs.And that's true.i agree.And what do you think?
Nuka_kobaxidze
Supersonic

Postby dargelita on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:32 pm

i think i got the message between the lines of Hot Tequila Brown :?
dargelita
Runaway

Postby (cleopatra) on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:57 pm

okay this is completely irrelevant but my copy of Dynamite doesn't have Time Won't Wait... Unless its a bonus track and I never listened... but thats impossible... but if it is possible... then SIN SIN SIN :(
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby dargelita on Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:56 pm

:shock:

mine doesn't have Time Won't Wait nor Beatbox :cry:
dargelita
Runaway

Postby kg on Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:25 am

R2D2 wrote:LOL KG :lol: You know the first Jamiroquai song i ever heard was butterfly. A guy I had met asked me to listen to it. I got a bit confused as to why of all songs he would choose butterfly, so i asked him are you in love with me?????? Anyway i ened up "falling" :P in love with Jamiroquai.

Lol!! that´s a story :lol:
kg
Dynamite

Postby kg on Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:30 am

Flatko wrote:Ok, Falling is one of that songs... its just a feeling...
Just a feeling out of time and space ;) Thats why its so confused in tenses, i think.

But Starchild is so strange for me. I mean, i like it as a feeling, as an emotion, both lyrics and music, even if i get confused with lyrics. What do you think?

starchild: l guess all Jamiro songs ARE weird :lol:
yes is an emotional stuff, is like stop believing, or something, more like a question about all you know, and say "l bielieve it, but all this information in my mind...and now who l sould believe it?""really like that song, but l guess in some point like Jay look around him and said "f**ck" where is my saviour?" so... is kind of depressive too, tho...
kg
Dynamite

Postby kg on Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:34 am

Nuka_kobaxidze wrote:I like very much the lyrics of Talullah.This always makes me remind of someone.It is so sad......
Now there's a hole in my soul
And I'm losing control
I know you're my magic star
But you've gone away and flown too far this time....On this forum someone wrote that Jay always Gets what he wants but he can't get what he needs.And that's true.i agree.And what do you think?

Tallulah, Tallulah! lovely, is lovely, as usual a broken hearth, and yes!! guess that Jay has a lot of not have what you want cos, money is not all!! then you got the money, you got the fame, you got all you want at close at hand, but actually you dont have: life, can you love with money of fame? l dont think so, then he "fall" inlove (just an ilusion of it) and something terrible happen, then the mess strat, and :roll: ...
kg
Dynamite

Postby dargelita on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:02 am

he'll soon realize life is not all about money.
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Jameerica on Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:27 am

dargelita wrote::shock:

mine doesn't have Time Won't Wait nor Beatbox :cry:

Mine doesn't have Beatbox either
But I think Dynamite didn't have Beatbox in the first place
Jameerica
Runaway

Next

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat