Home
Jamiroquai

JMQ not performing at Live Earth Concert

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

JMQ not performing at Live Earth Concert

Postby Seoul Education on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:01 am

I was just checking out the list of performers for the Live Earth Concert and I was curious about Jamiroquai. I know Jay is taking time off this year but do you think that Jamiroquai should have been on the list considering their position on the environment and the songs they have written about world? Why or why not?

It would have been a nice but on the other hand I don't think it is necessary for them to use this concert as the only way to express their views. They've been doing it before it became "fashionable".
Seoul Education
Mr Moon

Postby dargelita on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:03 am

i knew it from the beggining :roll:

really...
argentina has "all rights reserved" lol of the whole transmition of the Live Earth :roll: and there was no JAMIROQUAI :roll:
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Seoul Education on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:09 am

I wasn't very interested in this concert because it just seemed too commercial. People will get excited about and then probably forget about it later.
Seoul Education
Mr Moon

Postby mmusumeci on Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:08 am

This Live Earth thing is nonsense. Why do you have to tell normal people to do things that will reduce global warming? Tell the goverments and big companies of the industralized countries to stop been so dependent on oil don't tell the people... this thing is only beneficiary for Al Gore and the musicians that are going to be there and thank god Jamiroquai is not one of them.
mmusumeci

Postby snolan on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:28 am

this promotes energy efficiency but energy efficiency will only make fossil fuels last longer in the end they will all get used up any way and produce the same effect
snolan
Supersonic

Postby MissyM on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:48 am

mmusumeci wrote:This Live Earth thing is nonsense. Why do you have to tell normal people to do things that will reduce global warming? Tell the goverments and big companies of the industralized countries to stop been so dependent on oil don't tell the people... this thing is only beneficiary for Al Gore and the musicians that are going to be there and thank god Jamiroquai is not one of them.

Wow.. your first post and it's a really good one ! I couldn't agree more.. well said.. alternative energy to oil.. (We have wind up torches for ships sake I have one that has an outlet on it to charge my mobile phone, don't tell me they can't advance this kind of technology to run cars and other things..). I have a sneekin suspision that oil companies have a big say in what some governments do.. :roll:
As for this concert.. :?:
MissyM
Supersonic

Postby Seoul Education on Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:54 am

mmusumeci wrote:This Live Earth thing is nonsense. Why do you have to tell normal people to do things that will reduce global warming? Tell the goverments and big companies of the industralized countries to stop been so dependent on oil don't tell the people... this thing is only beneficiary for Al Gore and the musicians that are going to be there and thank god Jamiroquai is not one of them.

Power does lie in normal people and companies are run by normal people. If people (especially the rich) start behaving in a different ways, governments and companies will follow.

True I think that there are better ways to educated the world about the environment than these concerts.
Seoul Education
Mr Moon

Postby mr.aZ on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:52 pm

agree in every thing u say :wink:
thank god jamiroquai is not part 8)
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby legs on Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:23 pm

Hey all I must have read your minds I was just thinking the same thing. Unfortunatley I am old enough to remember 'live aid' 20years ago (oh god!) and it was a wonderful new thing which really had a massive impact globally it was a happy day and really spread the message/ feeling it felt like a strong voice telling governments this is wrong and we -the people- want to help these people and show that we do care........I always think trying to make a difference is never wrong but then it is up to us to do our bit and keep hammering the message of what we want.
I do agree though, that having too many of these things then looses it's effect.
What I really wanted to say though is it really pisses me off that Jamiroquai (as far as we know) was never asked? It's ridiculous, it would really of been eventful if they opened the concert singing EOPE! From the man who has been banging on about this subject for the last 15YEARS!!!!!! It would have seemed far more genuine. It doesn't feel right without them.xxxxx
legs
Supersonic

Postby Jay F (funky_chill) on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:39 pm

amen to that 8) finally some people who think what i thinks (i only saw it for the music like BEP and RHCP and stuff :P )
Jay F (funky_chill)
Dynamite

Postby legs on Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:03 pm

I totally agree with the fact they are patronising the everyday person and it is Industry and Governments that should be told BUT if you say a concert is nonsense surley you must have the solution so what do you suggest? :roll:
legs
Supersonic

Postby mr.aZ on Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:38 pm

legs wrote:I totally agree with the fact they are patronising the everyday person and it is Industry and Governments that should be told BUT if you say a concert is nonsense surley you must have the solution so what do you suggest? :roll:

RULES TO HELP WORLD

1-GIVE PUNISHMENTS TO BIG COUNTRIES AND COMPANIES TO MESS THE WORLD(THE ONES WHO DONT JOIN THE KYOTO AGREEMENT)
2-OIL COMAPNIES MUST BE PUNISHED IF THEY TRY TO CENSOR PEOPLE WHO MAKE CARS WHO DONT RUN BY FUEL(SOON MORE NEWS)

3-EVERYBODY MUST HELP, BUT THE BIGGEST COMPANIES MUST START BECAUSE THEY DO ALOT OF THE POLLUTION, A PERSON CAN HELP BUT NEVER WILL BE GOOD IF THE BIG ASSHOLES NEVER TRY TO CHANGE IT ALL

mr.aZ
Dynamite

Postby mmusumeci on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:41 am

I totally agree with the fact they are patronising the everyday person and it is Industry and Governments that should be told BUT if you say a concert is nonsense surley you must have the solution so what do you suggest?

Well I suggest that some of the musicians that participated in this concert to stop showing Sony products in their videos coz its stupid and i don't have the money to buy them. Second I will suggest that they do what Bono did with the Jubille 2000 that was a movement that pressured the industalized countries to make changes on the third world debt and it actually worked. But instead on doing stupid concerts the people that were in this movement protested at a massive scale in the UK during the G8 summit of '98 in Genoa. Third and last I suggest that if you have 20 million dollars, do something with it instead of putting it in the bank. Go buy people thousands of hybrid cars or construct building made of recycled materials like New York is doing.
mmusumeci

Postby Seoul Education on Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:16 am

legs wrote:Hey all I must have read your minds I was just thinking the same thing. Unfortunatley I am old enough to remember 'live aid' 20years ago (oh god!) and it was a wonderful new thing which really had a massive impact globally it was a happy day and really spread the message/ feeling it felt like a strong voice telling governments this is wrong and we -the people- want to help these people and show that we do care........I always think trying to make a difference is never wrong but then it is up to us to do our bit and keep hammering the message of what we want.
I do agree though, that having too many of these things then looses it's effect.
What I really wanted to say though is it really pisses me off that Jamiroquai (as far as we know) was never asked? It's ridiculous, it would really of been eventful if they opened the concert singing EOPE! From the man who has been banging on about this subject for the last 15YEARS!!!!!! It would have seemed far more genuine. It doesn't feel right without them.xxxxx

Everyone made some valid points regarding the concert issue. I was mostly curious about Jamiroquai's thoughts on the situation. Were they not invited or invited but turned it down like the Arctic Monkeys?
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1
Seoul Education
Mr Moon

Postby dargelita on Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:28 pm

Seoul Education wrote:I wasn't very interested in this concert because it just seemed too commercial. People will get excited about and then probably forget about it later.

well said... i totally agree with you !
dargelita
Runaway

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:12 pm

I didnt watch the concert.It was boooooooringggggggg :D :D :D
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby Jay F (funky_chill) on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:40 pm

what i really don't like is that al gore has leaded the show.....yea we may have to do somthing...but i just got the feeling that he is acting like a president...it's like he wants every person with him, that acually anoys me :? ....that's just my opinian
Jay F (funky_chill)
Dynamite

Postby dargelita on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:49 pm

FunkODYSSEUS wrote:I didnt watch the concert.It was boooooooringggggggg :D :D :D

ahahah me too. :lol:

i was at my favourite band's gig lol
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Knjaz Milos on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:53 pm

funky_chill wrote:amen to that 8) finally some people who think what i thinks (i only saw it for the music like BEP and RHCP and stuff :P )

BEP and RHCP are not real funk. They're not funk at all. They're just pop schitte with a "funk" sticker attached. Get something from Parliament/Funkadelic if you wanna hear real funk.
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

I saw the live concert .... it was very boring and hoping ..

Postby mirogirl90 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:47 am

I saw the concert .... it was very boring and the music was ok because I proably heard it before and I was hoping A live earth concert ... well , I was hoping they would be their .... it was a dissapointing moment. :cry: :cry:
mirogirl90
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:15 am

Knjaz Milos wrote:
funky_chill wrote:amen to that 8) finally some people who think what i thinks (i only saw it for the music like BEP and RHCP and stuff :P )

BEP and RHCP are not real funk. They're not funk at all. They're just pop schitte with a "funk" sticker attached. Get something from Parliament/Funkadelic if you wanna hear real funk.

YEA!!!!Right on brother-educating the next generation! 8) :wink:
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby Jay F (funky_chill) on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:35 pm

Knjaz Milos wrote:

lol i know that....i just like them lol of course there not funk
Jay F (funky_chill)
Dynamite

Postby Jameerica on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:21 pm

mr.aZ wrote:
RULES TO HELP WORLD

1-GIVE PUNISHMENTS TO BIG COUNTRIES AND COMPANIES TO MESS THE WORLD(THE ONES WHO DONT JOIN THE KYOTO AGREEMENT)
2-OIL COMAPNIES MUST BE PUNISHED IF THEY TRY TO CENSOR PEOPLE WHO MAKE CARS WHO DONT RUN BY FUEL(SOON MORE NEWS)

3-EVERYBODY MUST HELP, BUT THE BIGGEST COMPANIES MUST START BECAUSE THEY DO ALOT OF THE POLLUTION, A PERSON CAN HELP BUT NEVER WILL BE GOOD IF THE BIG ASSHOLES NEVER TRY TO CHANGE IT ALL

\
YOU RULE BABY!!!BTW was it kyoto or tokyo :lol:
And one other thing....I think Bono is an asshole...I think he's not sincere in fighting for this cause....there's something under it all,I'm sure :?:
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby dargelita on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:39 pm

that's why i dedicate to you " LA MARCHA DE SAN LORENZO " lol
dargelita
Runaway

Postby mr.aZ on Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:43 pm

Jameerica wrote:
mr.aZ wrote:
RULES TO HELP WORLD

2-OIL COMPANIES MUST BE PUNISHED IF THEY TRY TO CENSOR PEOPLE WHO MAKE CARS WHO DONT RUN BY FUEL(SOON MORE NEWS)

\
YOU RULE BABY!!!BTW was it kyoto or tokyo :lol:
And one other thing....I think Bono is an asshole...I think he's not sincere in fighting for this cause....there's something under it all,I'm sure :?:

8) :P :wink:
by the way , i know what you mean
i see pics of bono with bush and blair :twisted: :twisted:

thanks for the song dargelita

yea bono is part of the stablishment
you're right

and by the way, we can make a better world
even if we start in a forum, the ideas are already here
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Next