Home
Jamiroquai

STUDIO UPDATE

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Postby Knjaz Milos on Thu May 24, 2007 4:08 pm

Jameerica wrote:horns or no horns....i think that some of the songs on the album were bad beyond repair....like electric mistress-for example...

Ew... Electric Mistress... I only liked the insane piano in the chorus... I think Dynamite had horns, as you can really hear some parts where the song sounds so empty... :roll: J himself also once said he wanted horns in DGHAC, but didn't get them... :roll: Ah, well, it's only more and more reasons for us to use $ony as a scapegoat... :wink:
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Thu May 24, 2007 4:14 pm

hahaha blame "poor" sony and deny that there were actually songs that went...bad? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok hhahaa
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby Knjaz Milos on Thu May 24, 2007 4:30 pm

Jameerica wrote:hahaha blame "poor" sony and deny that there were actually songs that went...bad? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok hhahaa

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that they messed up the good songs. The bad song are FJLIS, EM, DGHAC and HTB. Almost half the album... No wonder it sucked... :roll:
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby snolan on Thu May 24, 2007 5:12 pm

Knjaz Milos wrote:I'm not saying that. I'm saying that they messed up the good songs. The bad song are FJLIS, EM, DGHAC and HTB. Almost half the album... No wonder it sucked... :roll:

FJLIS isnt as good as some TROTSC stuff but give it credit it is still a great funky electronic and i hate to say but slightly rock tune

EM and HTB agree nothing special but DGHAC was one of the best off the album and one of their best
snolan
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Thu May 24, 2007 5:16 pm

Knjaz Milos wrote:
Jameerica wrote:hahaha blame "poor" sony and deny that there were actually songs that went...bad? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok hhahaa

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that they messed up the good songs. The bad song are FJLIS, EM, DGHAC and HTB. Almost half the album... No wonder it sucked... :roll:

so you're saying they messed up the four songs on the album that were actually good? :lol:
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Knjaz Milos on Thu May 24, 2007 6:14 pm

Jameerica wrote:
Knjaz Milos wrote:
ok hhahaa

so you're saying they messed up the four songs on the album that were actually good? :lol:

No, I just listed the bad songs. :lol:
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Thu May 24, 2007 6:17 pm

noooo i'm not talking about the songs that were bad since the beginning,but the songs that were messed up :lol: :lol:
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby mr.aZ on Thu May 24, 2007 6:28 pm

Jameerica wrote:noooo i'm not talking about the songs that were bad since the beginning,but the songs that were messed up :lol: :lol:

first time we disagree in something
to me dynamite is a great album for the summer, except the last few tracks, who mess a bit the album :twisted:
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby Jameerica on Thu May 24, 2007 6:54 pm

az darling....dunno what to say!
(i'll make you the FJLIS gif tomorrow,i've had some problems with the PC :? )
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby mr.aZ on Thu May 24, 2007 7:04 pm

Jameerica wrote:az darling....dunno what to say!
(i'll make you the FJLIS gif tomorrow,i've had some problems with the PC :? )

i dont know, to me is a great album but a few tracks arent enough good...the last ones :lol:
is ok, i can wait to tomorrow(is national day tomorrow, so will be great¡¡¡¡)
by the way, post me in the peace thread
must stay alive(as bee gees say :wink: )
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Postby Jameerica on Thu May 24, 2007 7:05 pm

;)
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby mr.aZ on Thu May 24, 2007 7:18 pm

Jameerica wrote:;)
8)

'you know, you know this boogie is for real :P ''
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Postby Seoul Education on Fri May 25, 2007 2:24 am

I didn't think Dynamite was a bad album. It actually made me get back into them again. Of course it is completely different from the old school jmq. I am really hoping that jmq does go back to their roots but not by just replicating Space Cowboy or Too Young to Die but making pure music and lyrics from the heart and soul that capitalizes on their raw talent.
Seoul Education
Mr Moon

Postby dargelita on Fri May 25, 2007 2:25 am

Seoul Education wrote:I didn't think Dynamite was a bad album. It actually made me get back into them again. Of course it is completely different from the old school jmq. I am really hoping that jmq does go back to their roots but not by just replicating Space Cowboy or Too Young to Die but making pure music and lyrics from the heart and soul that capitalizes on their raw talent.

well said my lovely mummy :oops: :lol:
dargelita
Runaway

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Fri May 25, 2007 7:41 am

Seoul Education wrote:I am really hoping that jmq does go back to their roots but not by just replicating Space Cowboy or Too Young to Die but making pure music and lyrics from the heart and soul that capitalizes on their raw talent.

Totaly agree,good point. :D :D :D And yes,dynamite its not an bad album,but I love the old ones :D :D :D
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby duki on Fri May 25, 2007 4:37 pm

Alright! Congratulations, Jay! (for the redecoration of the studio) You have no idea how happy this makes me. I know this album is going to be smashing! Yay!

I came in to check this outragageous article in the newspapers today. Thank God, it is not true. Journalists! or better "Journalists!" Really, some people just don't know when to stop... Namely, they said that Jay is going through a rough period, he's in a deep depresion, he cannot write songs, he is not in a mood for any concerts...blah-blah-blah

It says here that he's looking forward to work on the new songs...in your face, "journalists". :D Wheeeee...

How strange, stuff like that always come up when there is something new-new album, breeaking of the World record, now the new studio...
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Sat May 26, 2007 6:59 am

stupid. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Jay F (funky_chill) on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:29 pm

Seoul Education wrote:I didn't think Dynamite was a bad album. It actually made me get back into them again. Of course it is completely different from the old school jmq. I am really hoping that jmq does go back to their roots but not by just replicating Space Cowboy or Too Young to Die but making pure music and lyrics from the heart and soul that capitalizes on their raw talent.

yea your right about that 8) 8)
Jay F (funky_chill)
Dynamite

Previous

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat