Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai hidden in the media

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Re: Jamiroquai hidden in the media

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:28 am

CosmicLea wrote:With 70's rock it depends on my mood, but I really am more of a disco/funk/r&b/(even) pop fan.

4 me: disco, metal, funk, punk, reggae, ska, classical,jazz......but no country and stop at the pop :? :!: :)
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby CosmicLea on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:05 am

curse_t_70 wrote:
CosmicLea wrote:With 70's rock it depends on my mood, but I really am more of a disco/funk/r&b/(even) pop fan.

4 me: disco, metal, funk, punk, reggae, ska, classical,jazz......but no country and stop at the pop :? :!: :)

Not a fan of metal and I can't stand country music!
My daughter is a huge Taylor Swift fan and I'm taking her to her concert in March. I tolerate her music since it is pop/country and only for my daughter! :lol: We saw her 2 years ago in concert and she was actually very entertaining. And I have to say, I'm very thankful my daughter has her as a role model as she seems a very nice and good person. :)
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:55 am

CosmicLea wrote:Not a fan of metal
ha..I know I am alone on that one
CosmicLea wrote: and I can't stand country music!
and no line dancing for us CosmicLea!

CosmicLea wrote:I'm very thankful my daughter has her as a role model as she seems a very nice and good person.
Yes I would be very happy too...especially these days. Some of the t.v shows I see for kids after school just seem to teach kids how to be little smart asses. :lol: I am glad my parents were overprotective with me ...It did influence me somewhat...I feel I had a nice long childhood..didn't start truly dating until I was 17 :shock: I had lots of time to be wild after.
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:46 am

curse_t_70 wrote:
CosmicLea wrote:Not a fan of metal
ha..I know I am alone on that one

Oh no Curse_t, I don't think you are.
I find it fascinating that the members on here all like Jamiroquai, yet have such diverse taste in music, in general. It's great! :D

curse_t_70 wrote:
CosmicLea wrote:I'm very thankful my daughter has her as a role model as she seems a very nice and good person.
Yes I would be very happy too...especially these days. Some of the t.v shows I see for kids after school just seem to teach kids how to be little smart asses. :lol: I am glad my parents were overprotective with me ...It did influence me somewhat...I feel I had a nice long childhood..didn't start truly dating until I was 17 :shock: I had lots of time to be wild after.

I'm glad my parents were overprotective too. And nowadays, there is so much more our kids could be exposed to, we really do need to protect them. :wink:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:56 pm

I like everything you listed, even pop, only a little metal, and almost no country!

And Taylor Swift is a great role model. I would take my daughter, but she has no interest.
A year ago I asked if she wanted to see Demi Levado, and she said "can't I see the Black Keys or someone else?"! :lol:
Her taste is developing!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby funkyette on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:40 am

just saw a commercial for the napoleon dynamite cartoon series and there was clip of napoleon dancing just like in the movie and canned heat was playing in the background...maybe the upcoming episode will play the song while he is dancing, who knows it could attract more fans and possibly help bring jamiroquai to america thanks to this show :lol:

i know its silly but hey its just wishful thinking :wink:
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:50 pm

http://fashionista.com/2012/02/marc-jacobs-fall-2012-virtual-insanity-yes-thats-a-jamiroquai-reference/

So apparently Marc Jacobs loves Jamiroquai and based some of his clothes on them.. :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:22 pm

caroli wrote:http://fashionista.com/2012/02/marc-jacobs-fall-2012-virtual-insanity-yes-thats-a-jamiroquai-reference/

So apparently Marc Jacobs loves Jamiroquai and based some of his clothes on them.. :lol:

I love it! What a fine line of clothing and hats! :lol:
I'll bet people (Americans) start googling "Jamiroquai" and discover there's more to them!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:21 am

It states the hats ( blatent rip off that they are) are made of fur...not imitation fur.....yikes Jay would not approve..nor I ! :evil:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:29 am

curse_t_70 wrote:It states the hats ( blatent rip off that they are) are made of fur...not imitation fur.....yikes Jay would not approve..nor I ! :evil:

eeewwww, wow that's a blunder! :shock:
why would you want real fur?
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Giba7 wrote:
curse_t_70 wrote:It states the hats ( blatent rip off that they are) are made of fur...not imitation fur.....yikes Jay would not approve..nor I ! :evil:

eeewwww, wow that's a blunder! :shock:
why would you want real fur?

I thought she didn't want real fur... precisely! 'Cause the hats are apparently made of real fur and curse_t being "a huge animal lover" can't remember where I saw that -just like Jay... it makes sense.... but it's only a supposition, so... :?:
How can that be "the most exciting show at New York Fashion Week"?! :shock: :lol:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:21 pm

:lol:
no my statement "why would you want real fur" -the you is the generalized "other", not Curse_t!
I don't think Jay would approve with real fur associated with his hit "Virtual Insanity". Or maybe it just could work with the twist in Jamiroquai and fur, it's Virtually insanity!

However, it is good news for the name dropping! :wink:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:50 pm

:lol: :lol: Damn, I always bunder these last days... (that's because of my friends... they passed on the bug to me...) Sooorry... :lol:
Giba7 wrote:However, it is good news for the name dropping! :wink:

Yep, good thing... Sometimes it really seems like nobody knows Jamiroquai... :roll: They don't know what they're missing!
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:25 pm

I read through some of it. I don't think "fur" means animal fur.
I think it's just imitation. Look at the hats.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Don't bother, I absolutely can't differentiate real fur from imitation... But if M. Jacobs is a prestigious fashion designer he is supposed to use real fur... isn't he? Anyway, good thing if he doesn't...
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby StormeyG on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm sorry, but no one HAS to use animal cruelty to be a prestigious fashion designer. Stella McCartney is a world famous designer and vegerarian and she does not use any form of animal cruelty to be a top designer. Her shoes and baggs are all non leather. As are mine!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby caroli on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:27 pm

I actually think designers are forbidden to use real fur in their clothes and accesories..
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:52 am

I actually don't follow designers and wouldn't have a clue.
I like being clueless on fashion!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:22 am

caroli wrote:I actually think designers are forbidden to use real fur in their clothes and accesories..

I am not so sure about that. Designers do anything to stand out. here is an interview with Ami James for PETA where he talks about Roberto cavalli using cheetah fur.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTSsRJMQ4PU

Make up brushes are often made of animalfur, so always check before you buy. Nice and soft on your eyes, but not on the animals.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby caroli on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Hmm..I think I read it on Vogue sometime ago..they can't use unless something happens but I can't remember it..also, a gazilion designers understood already that people are more aware now and will stop purchasing products in protest, they can't afford it so they stopped also because of that. But I do know there are some furs that can be used because the animal is eaten anyways..
caroli
Dynamite

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:56 pm

caroli wrote:I actually think designers are forbidden to use real fur in their clothes and accesories..

yet, there are a lot of mink breedings... and it's not forbidden...(?) So why would there be breedings if designers were not allowed to use real fur? DO NOT think I'm standing up for stockbreeders, on the contrary... was just wondering. I love animals too! :D
caroli wrote:But I do know there are some furs that can be used because the animal is eaten anyways..

Yes I think so... rabit's fur for instance... that's better but still... poor things.
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby StormeyG on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:16 pm

the animals we eat, really aren't all that better of then the animals we use for fur. But that is not a discussion for this topic 8)
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Cheetah fur? :cry: They are very endangered, I'm sure they aren't killing them.
But I still like the fact that Ami didn't work for Cavalli.
100 years ago, Fur was more seen as a natural product, and necessary to keep warm, and the animals were plentiful. Today, we have the technology to develop other warm materials without using animals, whose numbers are declining due to human growth (expanding subdivisions, deforestation).

4 dogs and 14 cats? He grew up in a farm! The Cheetah is like the cross between a dog and cat.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Just heard Little L on the radio! :D I sent the radio station an e-mail to thank them for playing Jamiroquai!
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 pm

CosmicLea wrote:I sent the radio station an e-mail to thank them for playing Jamiroquai!

Good for you CosmicLea! show your appreciation...I never hear or see JMQ hidden in the media :( but I did lend a mixed JMQ cd to a guy friend at work I wonder what his review will be like?
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat