Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai hidden in the media

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Re: Jamiroquai hidden in the media

Postby Giba7 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:07 am

@ CosmicLea -I'll bet you have somebody else in your family that can sing! :wink:

My mom's side has the music! My grandpa and his whole family, & my mom could sing.
I'm not saying I'm a special singer, but I can carry a tune! I think I'm the only one out of 5 kids :shock:
(they got my dad's genes!) :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:41 am

CosmicLea wrote:Like you, I would like to know what kind of score a professional singer (like Stormey) would get for Singstar though! :D

I am not a professional singer, really, I make just a little money singing, but I couldn't live from it. Have to keep my day job!
I have been notified that one of my bands is concidering entering a eurpean music contest. Haven't heard the details, but it is exciting never the less!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:09 pm

StormeyG wrote:I am not a professional singer, really, I make just a little money singing, but I couldn't live from it. Have to keep my day job!
I have been notified that one of my bands is concidering entering a eurpean music contest. Haven't heard the details, but it is exciting never the less!

Your bands entering a contest? I think you're a better singer than you think! :wink: and I've heard you!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:00 pm

*loves Giba*
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Giba7 wrote:@ CosmicLea -I'll bet you have somebody else in your family that can sing! :wink:

Yes, absolutely! Actually, both my mum and dad can sing. They always sang in the choir at church when I was growing up. Dad plays the guitar by ear (he can't really read music but can listen to a song and pick it up) and was taught by his uncle when he was young. Dad was teaching my daughter to play guitar but he now struggles to play due to the Parkinson's disease (he still tries though).

StormeyG wrote:I am not a professional singer, really, I make just a little money singing, but I couldn't live from it. Have to keep my day job!

You sound pretty professional to me Stormey! :wink: Did you ever have singing lessons? I never did but wish I had, to help with breathing and phrasing properly.
All the best with the contest - very exciting! :D
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:26 am

CosmicLea wrote:Dad plays the guitar by ear

The only person in my family that can sing is my dad. He went to London when I was 2 to make it big, well that didn't happenthough he did put out a 45 People used to say he looked like Mick Jaggerhe had the full lipsI will post a pic of him in the photo thread.
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby CosmicLea on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:06 am

@Giba - That's great about your mum's side of the family being musical! :)

@curse-t - very cool about your dad! :)
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:50 am

I did take technique training and vocal training for 6 years. It is very neccesary if you have to sing for 3 hours per gig. You have to be able to sing through a cold or like I had last time, pneumonia. that is when technique is really neccessary.

I sometimes take a view lessons to update my techniques. It's like with any other job..you sometimes need extra training.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:13 pm

StormeyG wrote:I did take technique training and vocal training for 6 years. It is very neccesary if you have to sing for 3 hours per gig. You have to be able to sing through a cold or like I had last time, pneumonia. that is when technique is really neccessary.

I understand control is most important to singing!
And yes, every day can't always be a good singing day. Technique must be very important!

I was in a small music program, and had voice lessons, along with theory, ear-training & piano.
I had to sing a voice final -some Italian opera! ("Il Trattoria" maybe? I'm sure it wasn't that good!)
Oh, and I forgot -I sang in a church choir, which was recorded on CD!
(The priest was a music major, and writes musicals!)
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:26 am

Giba7 wrote:Oh, and I forgot -I sang in a church choir, which was recorded on CD!

Awesome, you'll have to post this Giba! :D

StormeyG wrote:I did take technique training and vocal training for 6 years.

That's great, it does show in your voice/is why you sound like a professional singer! :wink:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:28 am

Heard "Virtual Insanity" playing in the background of American Idol after one makes it into the finals!
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:15 am

Heard "Too Young To Die" at a restaurant where we had dinner yesterday. :D
And I had just been saying to my husband that even though we couldn't properly hear the music they were playing, it sounded good (because I could hear the basslines.) Then TYTD was the next song! (And the volume seemed to be turned up!) 8)
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:21 am

CosmicLea wrote:And I had just been saying to my husband that even though we couldn't properly hear the music they were playing, it sounded good (because I could hear the basslines.)

@CosmicLea......does your better half like JMQ as much as you :?:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:31 am

curse_t_70 wrote:@CosmicLea......does your better half like JMQ as much as you :?:

He likes their music, not as much as I do, but thank goodness he does like them and lets me play them all the time! He actually really liked all the singles from AFO when they came out here (AFO was a big hit in Australia.) So that was the first JMQ cd we bought. :D
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Creme Brulee Radio featured weekend flashback: Jamiroquai :arrow: "Space Cowboy" video.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:57 pm

curse_t_70 wrote:@CosmicLea......does your better half like JMQ as much as you :?:

@curse_t and Giba - do your hubbys like Jamiroquai's music?
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:46 pm

CosmicLea wrote:@curse_t and Giba - do your hubbys like Jamiroquai's music?

Well.....hmm......he calls them Jamiraqueer.....so I will say negative.... :roll:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:47 am

haha Curse_t! Guys can be so mean
My husband's not such a fan of music :shock: I know, I try not to hold it against him!
But I did play him part of the Nobel Peace Prize concert, and he said it was good! :wink:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:01 pm

As long as they (the hubbys) let us listen to JMQ, that's all that matters! :wink:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 am

It would be a sad day if your husband dictated what music you listen too...I only listen to music that tugs at my heart.........listening to Jay sing does just that! :roll:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:13 am

curse_t_70 wrote:It would be a sad day if your husband dictated what music you listen too

Yes, very true. But I'm a meanie, if my husband is playing music I don't like (such as Elvis Costello or 70s rock or lots more that I don't like) I tell him to change it!! :twisted: :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:22 am

@CosmicLea....you are a big blue meanie.....doesn't his stuff rub off on you just a wee bit?? and Jazzhole don't insert "that's what she said" :roll:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:29 am

curse_t_70 wrote:@CosmicLea....you are a big blue meanie.....doesn't his stuff rub off on you just a wee bit??

I am! :lol: And no, not really!! :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:29 pm

CosmicLea wrote:
curse_t_70 wrote:It would be a sad day if your husband dictated what music you listen too

Yes, very true. But I'm a meanie, if my husband is playing music I don't like (such as Elvis Costello or 70s rock or lots more that I don't like) I tell him to change it!! :twisted: :lol:

:lol:
yeah, me too! If there's a song on the radio he chose but I hate, I will change it, he mostly won't care!
My husband is the type to walk into the house, and turn off my kitchen radio, or turn off the radio in the car when he gets in.
actually I'm kinda liking Elvis Costello these days! :o -you don't like 70's Rock? :shock:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Giba7 wrote:yeah, me too! If there's a song on the radio he chose but I hate, I will change it, he mostly won't care!
My husband is the type to walk into the house, and turn off my kitchen radio, or turn off the radio in the car when he gets in.
actually I'm kinda liking Elvis Costello these days! :o -you don't like 70's Rock? :shock:

:lol:

With 70's rock it depends on my mood, but I really am more of a disco/funk/r&b/(even) pop fan. :wink:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat