Home
Jamiroquai

JAY KAY QUITS MUSIC articel// updated NOT TRUE

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

JAY KAY QUITS MUSIC articel// updated NOT TRUE

Postby samantha1170 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:05 am

Hi everyone, I found this article today...

UNINSPIRED JAY KAY QUITS MUSIC - FOR NOW

JAMIROQUAI frontman JAY KAY is quitting the music business after his recent split with his record company left him feeling uninspired and "bored". The COSMIC GIRL singer was frustrated while working with Sony BMG and has no idea what he wants to do next creatively now he's no longer signed to the label. He says, "I haven't been happy there for a while. I've had some ups and downs but in the end the downs were just too many. When we talked about me leaving, I jumped at the chance. "I might be back if I get my inspiration again, but who knows. I don't know what to do next. "I'm bored. I don't want to go back on the road. We all need a rest to be honest. I don't need the money or the deal." Instead, the 37-year-old plans on settling down with his dream woman and rearing a family. He adds, "All I'm going to do now is fly my helicopter and look for the right lady to have children with. I feel free and I want to find love. "My guitarist has just had a baby girl and made me realise how much I want one. I'm not ready to tie the knot though, because I don't want to lose my house."

Source: Contact Music

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby (cleopatra) on Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:28 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

What happened to the scehduled tour for February 2008 :cry: :cry: :cry:

And I thought that we were going to get some new music!

I guess I can understand that everyone needs a break... But I just wish that Jay would continue making music... Like next year. But its really sweet that he wants to have kids and find a proper lady!

Oh well... :roll:
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby samantha1170 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:07 am

HI everyone, here's another article about Jay getting 'bored' - it just gives a bit more information...

JAY KAY BYE BYE
EXCLUSIVE HAT'S IT SAYS JAMIROQUAI STAR

28/02/2007

Jay Kay and 3am

JAY Kay, the original Space Cowboy, is hanging up his hat and quitting music - saying he's sick of the business.

The Jamiroquai singer has parted company with his record label and told us yesterday: "I don't know what to do next."

Speaking exclusively to 3am, 37-year-old Jay opened up about the painful break with Sony BMG.

And he added that the only thing that mattered now was "having kids and finding a good woman". Hopefully not in that order...

"I haven't been happy there for a while," Jay admitted. "I've had some ups and downs but in the end the downs were just too many. When we talked about me leaving, I jumped at the chance."

Despite having sold 27 million albums worldwide with Jamiroquai, Jay admits to being fed up of touring and says that, creatively, there's nothing he wants to do at the moment.

"I might be back if I get my inspiration again, but who knows," he told us. "I'm bored. I don't want to go back on the road. We all need a rest to be honest. I don't need the money or a deal. One minute I would be promoting a single with one team and the next they brought different people in and expected me to go along with it.

"There was no way in hell I was doing that. I'm just tired of the format and wanted to call it a day with them."

He confided in us 35,000ft above ground as he performed a brilliant Sony Ericsson gig in a Boeing 757. A Guinness World Records official was even on board the flight from Munich to Athens, to judge it the highest concert ever.

And Jay - a Grammy award winner, who has had six multiplatinum albums and is worth £40million - has no plans to come crashing down to Earth any time soon.

He added: "All I'm going to do now is fly my helicopter and look for the right lady to have children with. I feel free and I want to find love.

"My guitarist has just had a baby girl and made me realise how much I want one. I'm not ready to tie the knot, though, because I don't want to lose my house."

Ahh, we're going to miss having Jay around, here on 3am. He's always been good value when it comes to punch-ups with paps and bloody-nosed bust-ups.

We do hope he has a change of heart about making more sweet music when he finds the right Cosmic Girl to settle down with.

Then again, Jay hasn't had a steady girlfriend since his romance with Denise Van Outen ended - and they went their separate ways in 2001.

So we won't be holding our breath...

Source: Mirror Newspaper

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Towasai on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:52 am

yeah i agree with cleopatra .. it makes me feel sad knowing there might be no new music ... :cry: but i can truly understand him.. he just have to do whats best for him .. :)
Towasai
Space Cowboy

Postby purplemonkeydishwasher on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:56 am

Thats the same with me.
purplemonkeydishwasher
Supersonic

Postby Knjaz Milos on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:12 am

Aaaah... He'll have to write something before he runs out of money! :lol:
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby purplemonkeydishwasher on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am

hmmmm your right :D
purplemonkeydishwasher
Supersonic

Postby Patrix on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:03 am

I can't belive that, untill yesterday I was waiting for the 2008 tour to
hear JMQ again. And now???
Last edited by Patrix on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrix
Supersonic

Postby Jamirrorquai on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:23 am

I do get the feeling that the tour will still go ahead,

also the soloo jazz album will be out by the end of the year

lol also the intel gig, if you want details about it and the after show party just ask lol :oops:
Jamirrorquai
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:43 am

Knjaz Milos wrote:Aaaah... He'll have to write something before he runs out of money! :lol:
well i think he has a bit too much money to run out.... :lol:
Jamirrorquai wrote:I do get the feeling that the tour will still go ahead,

also the soloo jazz album will be out by the end of the year

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby Jay F (funky_chill) on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:19 pm

Patrix wrote:I can't belive that, untill yesterday I was waiting for the 2008 tuor to
hear JMQ again. And now???

yea, i have the same feeling :cry: :cry: :cry: ............(but i stil hope that he has some inspiration left for a couple years....I HOPE :cry: :? )
Jay F (funky_chill)
Dynamite

Postby Jameerica on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:28 pm

aaaah i think jay goes through this every 5 months lol....we heard the same stuff some time ago too....he'll get over it....he's strong enough!
(i hope :cry: :cry: :cry: )
Jameerica
Runaway

he serious or not???

Postby mirogirl90 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:27 pm

many say that but when the money is gone or there's less of it ... they then come back with new album and everything !! I praying that he is not quiting the business , he will lose fans that way!!!! I had too many singers die out on me and I am hoping he not one of them!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :shock: :(
mirogirl90
Supersonic

Postby duki on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:01 pm

All I want to say is: JAY, HERE I AM, YOUR DREAMGIRL! :lol:
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby duki on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:06 pm

Seriously, the man needs a break. I understand him. Did you know that I couldn't listen to music at one point of my life for a year because I listened to it so much and got fed up? Perhaps some kind of permeantion got over Jay. I am happy for him, I hope that he will find inspiration in life, hopefully we'll see him on stage again in a few years.
Anyway, Jay, I wish you all the best in your life, may you find a wonderful girl, may you find happiness you deserve. God bless you. Stay safe. See ya around. :wink:
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:21 pm

yes.....but i think it's either false or he'll just change his mind in two weeks...
na nasem-MALO SERE OKO OVE PENZIJE !!!!!!!
hahaha
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby deedee on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:40 pm

i regret that is leave the music seen bui im happy thatm hem wantsm to have children and a nice lady to be with him. sorry for my english im french and have some problem expressing things sometime :oops:
deedee

Postby K-milo on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:45 pm

I really hope that Jay changes his mind. And as soon as posible...
K-milo

Postby duki on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:50 pm

No problem, Deedee, I understood everything. Others will too.
loooool to Jameerica. Who knows. Anyway, Jay, fly over to Montenegro and Bosnia for rakia and some great vegetables, fruits, cevapi, burek and WOMEN! :D :wink:
Well, he said that he will fly his helicopter, he might as well visit us.
Last edited by duki on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:51 pm

and what about our buregdzinica duki?
and i bet rakija would help change his mind immediately lol
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby duki on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:53 pm

Yeah! I said burek. I said Montenegro and Bosnia. :D We will make him change his mind. When he drinks rakia he will stay in the Balkans forever and that nasty paparazzi's won't bother him.
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Sandriche on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:55 pm

i decided to move this section to the news here for the next time that people don´t start opening new threads.. :wink:
Sandriche

Postby Jameerica on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:57 pm

duki wrote:Yeah! I said burek. I said Montenegro and Bosnia. :D We will make him change his mind. When he drinks rakia he will stay in the Balkans forever and that nasty paparazzi's won't bother him.

lol YEAH!
i actually think he'd love it here....tho there aren't many good roads to drive but still-our plants(i mean by that fruit and veg but also "PLANTS")are wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then the s....i mean stuff in most of the eu....and no paparazzi around that would be interested in HIM(lol ove nase domace zanimaju samo jelena karleusha & co.)
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby duki on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:31 pm

I wondered where this thread went. That's for the best, Sandriche, I already saw two new threads with the same question here in the News Section.

I think that he would definitely love it here. Yes, plants are the best. Believe me, I lived in England for seven months. Their vegetables and fruits and cheeses are tasteless.
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:39 pm

i know....and the women here aren't all gold diggers-for a change hehe
Jameerica
Runaway

Next

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat