Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai world best CO2 producer

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Re: Jamiroquai world best CO2 producer

Postby mr.aZ on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:01 pm

Knjaz Milos wrote:
amanray wrote:the whole gig in the sky is very Unenvironmentally Friendly

Blame $ony and all of its branches.

agree
we can blame all sony because all the motherfucker sh*t they do :evil:
by the way, amanray, i will use that global warning link you give me
thak u baby...or u are a dude?
anyways thank u
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby (cleopatra) on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:00 pm

I think that everyone here has raised an interesting point.

The whole image of Jamiroquai has changed... He's not singing as much about the environment now anyway.

The world is a much greater force than any single human on it. I believe that Earth goes through its' own processes of rejuvenation. We may be aggravating the environment, by polluting, and by contributing to global warming. But the Earth will renew itself eventually anyway, regardless of what we do or don't do... and the cycle continues.

BTW Jameera and Mac you both raised an excellent argument... humourous as usual! lol.
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby Jameerica on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:03 am

wasn't meant to be a joke....but if it made you laugh so much for the better!
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby FunkMastaFlunk on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:29 pm

Jamirrorquai wrote:ok lets look at it another way, our world as we know it and can prove is dying it has been evr since it was created, like all things it must die.

When the dinosaurs became extinct did they cause it ??

When the ice melted was it cos of cfc's or pollution ?

The climate is changing from within the earths core, we have no control over this,

The wheater and seasons are changing because of our calenders
The winters are warmer because our seasons as described are not taking into account leap years etc.

There is nothing that we as humans can do to speed up or stop the process, it will always accelerate all we can do is monitor it and scare people by putting it all over the news and media

that way the goverments get to put more taxes on things and make more of "back slapping vote winning" argument for re election

The world is a changing place like you and me its getting older, it sheds its skin and every so often there will be farts (hurricanes typhoons etc) urine (tsunami tidal waves floods) liver spots (george bush) and melting (loss of hair)

it will not effect you, me or anyone else on this forum, not even our kids or their kids but maybe 1000 years down the line we will have another new world.

I think you should look at how much pollution armies cause with diesel tanks airplanes and human waste, guns factories to make them etc a drain on natural resources

maybe then we could have the idea of a better life, but i doubt it

so for you to say that 1 plane for 1 show considering that there will be possibly 200 more planes in the sky at the same time is a moot point

you must be hating yourself after IPCC's report on global warming eh?
"WE ARE 90% SURE THAT GLOBAL WARMING IS DUE TO MANKIND'S ACTIONS".

ouch.
FunkMastaFlunk

Postby Danau on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:51 pm

As many of the people here I do not think people are the main cause for all of the global changes. We might contribute, but we are not the cause. The planet goes through phases, we have ice ages and then hotter periods follow those up. So far the planet has survived all of this, and to think that human life has such a mayor influence on it might even be a little arrogant.
Maybe human life will not survive these global changes... and I might be insane but I think it would be mighty interesting to be one of the people to experience 'the end of humanity'.

The thing is, Jamiroquai used to sing about how we are messing up this planet and how awful all of that is. JK clearly discovered that singing about it was a little hypocritical since it did not stop him from flying over the globe and driving all of his beloved cars. But to think that the band who wrote the music to 'emergency on planet earth' is going up in the sky with a select group of people just to break a record and promote a mobile phone.. it is the most betraying thing to your (former) principles that you could do.
Danau

Postby Jamirrorquai on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:53 pm

i give it 10 years before they say

WE are 90% sure it is nothing to do with our actions.

There is no overall proof, yes we make rubbish, yes we make pollution but then so does nature itself

think about it,

after the falicy that is the war on terror the governments need to look good, what better way then to use scare tactics to make us thing how good they are for doing something about it

I am not saying this is right or wrong im saying this is my opinion, you have yours and i am sure we will agree and disagree on some points maybe even most points but there is nothing we can do about it on this thread,

LAYING THE BLAME SOLELY AT THE DOOR OF THE BAND AS SUGGESTED IN THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS WHAT HAS CAUSED MY ARGUMENT

nothing more then that.

I hope that we can all move on and discuss the pollution issue more in depth now.

I am happy that so many people care about it and that it should take precident over the 1 million people dying of aids in africa, precident that jails in the uk are turning away criminals who prey on children cos of overcrowding

im happy that it takes precident over many of the other main issue in the world....... we will have different views on what is more important, i suggest we ride this one out and see what happens
Jamirrorquai
Supersonic

Postby FunkMastaFlunk on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:51 pm

I dont think Jamiroquai's gig on air is a big of a deal, what is a deal is how blind and ignorant most of you are. You must be watching too much CNN or not at all. Perhaps if you guys can read it yourselves at http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/01 ... index.html , which would be the most entry-level possible way so everyone (who doesnt already) understands it easily. So remember, all you heard so far is all UNDERESTIMATES...Ask JK what he thinks of global warming. Theres nothing wrong with playing a gig in the sky, yes it will pollute a little bit but it wont be polluting more than the goliath-sized army of cars driving in north america. :?
FunkMastaFlunk

Postby Jameerica on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:56 pm

yes.
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Hyperspace on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:30 pm

Jamirrorquai wrote:
I hope that we can all move on and discuss the pollution issue more in depth now.

I am happy that so many people care about it and that it should take precident over the 1 million people dying of aids in africa, precident that jails in the uk are turning away criminals who prey on children cos of overcrowding

im happy that it takes precident over many of the other main issue in the world....... we will have different views on what is more important, i suggest we ride this one out and see what happens[/quote]

I think that Jamirrorquai made some great points about this issue. I am personally not sure on my view on global warming due to hearing so many different stories from scientists who are supposed to know what will really happen. If the people who make a living out of researching these world issues can't themselves come to an agreement on what will happen, how are we supposed to?!

I can't blame jamiroquai for contributing to global warming as in that time that their plane is in the air, how much more damage will be contributed to global warming from the rest of the population?

I also think too that it is disgusting on how many other things are wrong with this world such as third world poverty. As jay once said "A nice way of saying s**thole and not being a part of it." I think we should focus on issues such as this as we can all help do something about it, where as trying to stop global warming is impossible as the world and atmosphere itself is contributing to that.
Hyperspace
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:36 pm

we are all contributing to global warming just by breathing and existing.it's gonna happen sooner or later. :roll:
and amanray are you a JQ fan at all?
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby KillingHeidi on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:39 pm

Reversing permanent damage that we've done is impossible. We can only help to prevent more happening, but it'll still go on because too many people rely on the burning of fossil fuels.
But I agree with Hyperspace that we should focus on things we can defaintely help and eliminate. It's liek the drought situation here in Australia, we can't help if it doesn't rain or not but we can all do our bit to use less water and follow the water restrictions. Seeing as the recycled water plan is already being introduced in QLD and Sydney is building the Desalination Plant (which is not something I agree with as it does jsut cause more pollution... but whatever, they're saving water).
Global Warming is a fact of life.
KillingHeidi
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:41 pm

just as death.i'm not afraid of dieing.global warming is something as...a collective death...something that comes natural.but after death must be something
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Hyperspace on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:03 pm

The world is forever changing so global warming will continue. I think it would be better for ourselves if we worried less about this issue but i think its great that people understand, are aware and care about the factors of global warming.
Hyperspace
Supersonic

Postby mr.aZ on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:30 am

pd-i will post this on myspace too

the damage has made, and looks like there's people who dont care about how the world is mess...well, is time to stop too build-buy cars like the hummer and sh*t like that(the motherfucker hummer use 5 miles per galon :roll: :roll: :evil: and still there's people buying them...)
most of the pollution come to the biggest countries(usa the most)so yeah, we're so fucked up now...is time to stop in all the ways we can¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
first of all, all the wars must end NOW¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
there's so many money wasted in weapons for kill innocent people so that must end NOW¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
the money must start to be used to help poor people around the world and to be used in arts and things like that...the money must be used in help humanity, dont destroy humanity¡¡¡¡¡¡¡no more weapones in any fucking country¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
and then, well, the damage is done, so why dont we try to help at least a bit the earth now?
why dont we try?i do my best since i know the world need help(since i was on the school...yeah, i start this when i was young and now i cant believe so many people never hear us...f**k'em...we need to all learn, the world is only one¡¡¡¡¡¡)and now i look this...damn, sh*t, f**k, i cant believe it...
if u have a car please use it only when u need to go so far, walk is a good idea to do when u have energie(i walk, i do what i say), use better the things u do, dont put garbage yn every place...the world more than ever need to be listed¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¿
so LISTEN WHAT THE WORLD IS SAYING¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Postby legs on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:32 am

This is a really interesting subject an if we agree or disagree it is good that we have brought it to everyones attention. I must admit we are just a blip in the time that earth has exsisted and we will never quite know how it will turn out as we have only been monitoring the effects of climate change for a nano amount of time. All we can do is take our individual responsibilities and do all we can to protect the environment and if you are lucky enough to get on the plane make sure you 'off set' and do somthing good for the world or fellow man, If you want to change the world start with yourself and your concience will be clear. XXXXXX I just wish we would stop fighting each other. :cry: :cry:
legs
Supersonic

Postby Hyperspace on Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:57 am

same. wars are stupid and they DON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!!! :evil: :evil:
Hyperspace
Supersonic

Postby zaratino on Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:57 pm

FunkMastaFlunk wrote:
you must be hating yourself after IPCC's report on global warming eh?
"WE ARE 90% SURE THAT GLOBAL WARMING IS DUE TO MANKIND'S ACTIONS".

ouch.

this can be funny, but it's true...i read it somewhere that 20% of all global warming couses is coming from farms (cows and companions) :shock:
so 90% can't be only humans!
zaratino
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:02 pm

LOL!think about this everytime you fart....hahah
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby jamirocat on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:34 pm

maybe they were going to travel by plane anyway...so why not do a show while they are in the air? What difference does One PLANE Ride make? Why not stop all the planes from flying?

Amanray, your environmental concerns are important, yet you might want to point the finger at large corporations and government officials who do nothing to combat the problem.

Mr Az, I agree, we should be walking or riding a bike when we can rather than driving and adding to the problem.

More research and development funds need to go into converting our cars and houses to solar power or wind power.
jamirocat
Supersonic

Postby mr.aZ on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:38 pm

Hyperspace wrote:same. wars are stupid and they DON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!!! :evil: :evil:

yea, give peace a chance people
in the wars die alot of innocent people
so, no more wars and use more your feets and walk or use a bike
the car isnt the only way to go to everywhere...and there's public transport anyways :wink:
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Postby Jameerica on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:40 pm

true.but most people(like myself)dislike public transport.which means,that public transport should be made more comfortable.
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby KillingHeidi on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:50 pm

^And in some places, more affordable. And they should get them running on time too.
KillingHeidi
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:52 pm

yes!!!that way less people would use cars-and less cars mean-less pollution!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Hyperspace on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:58 pm

are you saying that public transport is crap in your country as well coz i thought it was just england that had really really really bad public transport.
Hyperspace
Supersonic

Postby mr.aZ on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:58 pm

jameerica wrote:yes!!!that way less people would use cars-and less cars mean-less pollution!

yeaaaaaaa :wink:
by the way, if we try all to put more regulations to the companys to get themselves more ecologic-really-and we try, maybe they will listen us¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
mr.aZ
Dynamite

PreviousNext

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat