Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai world best CO2 producer

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Jamiroquai world best CO2 producer

Postby amanray on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:24 pm

the whole gig in the sky is very Unenvironmentally Friendly

it will be the most destructive concert for our earth.
Thousands of tons of CO2 produced just for the launch of a new phone.

Do we need more Katrina hurricane to remind it to us ?
What do you think of this ?

Regards
amanray

Postby Jamirrorquai on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:49 pm

Katrina was a force of nature

It cant be caused by climate change,

basic understaning of geography would have highlighted this.

Enjoy
Jamirrorquai
Supersonic

Postby amanray on Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:38 pm

well, I won' t give you the list of all the unatural events that occured the last 10 years. Katerina was more powerfull than ever. Katerina is just one single exemple across thousands.
Don' t you know the earth climat is dramatically changing ?

For Jamiroquai and Sony Ericsson, money is more important than our lives.

Enjoy...
amanray

Postby Jamirrorquai on Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:53 pm

ok lets look at it another way, our world as we know it and can prove is dying it has been evr since it was created, like all things it must die.

When the dinosaurs became extinct did they cause it ??

When the ice melted was it cos of cfc's or pollution ?

The climate is changing from within the earths core, we have no control over this,

The wheater and seasons are changing because of our calenders
The winters are warmer because our seasons as described are not taking into account leap years etc.

There is nothing that we as humans can do to speed up or stop the process, it will always accelerate all we can do is monitor it and scare people by putting it all over the news and media

that way the goverments get to put more taxes on things and make more of "back slapping vote winning" argument for re election

The world is a changing place like you and me its getting older, it sheds its skin and every so often there will be farts (hurricanes typhoons etc) urine (tsunami tidal waves floods) liver spots (george bush) and melting (loss of hair)

it will not effect you, me or anyone else on this forum, not even our kids or their kids but maybe 1000 years down the line we will have another new world.

I think you should look at how much pollution armies cause with diesel tanks airplanes and human waste, guns factories to make them etc a drain on natural resources

maybe then we could have the idea of a better life, but i doubt it

so for you to say that 1 plane for 1 show considering that there will be possibly 200 more planes in the sky at the same time is a moot point
Jamirrorquai
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:15 pm

jarimoquai's right.i personally think that we did do SOME damage to the earth,but also that it actually cycles,e.g.-the mayas destroyed the rainforests to build their cities and than a few hundred years later-it's there again!that will happen to us too,i'm sure of it-and there's NOTHING to stop it,maybe it would slow down a bit but wouldn't stop.and then there are thousands of planes across the world.that's just ONE of them.you and i use planes don't we?and when we do - no one complains,but when bands do it for a show or a phone company for a promotion-then everyone starts shoutin all of a sudden that they are poluting!
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby ivy on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:51 pm

amanray wrote:
For Jamiroquai and Sony Ericsson, money is more important than our lives.

Enjoy...

I think we should all take responsibilty; how do the majority of us fly? eat drink everything.. ...we should start taking the blame not try to place the blame on every famous dude that flys a plane. he's one out of many that doo the same thing every day

but I do agree ....the U.S. is a major contributor of air pollution on earth....

we're only safe now because of the air pollution if it we're ever to stop (dimming of the sun/ globbal dimming).... we would die...we have deterriorated out atmosphere to the point that the pollution is protecting us....a lose-lose situation

read here !! i watched this very intersting :( ....click on the pic ...its a slide-show
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/dimming.html

and read here! :)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4171591.stm
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby amanray on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:54 pm

Dinosaurs are dead as the mayas, so the human have to die ? ha ha ha wow cool !

No I don' t take anymore planes.

Imagine just one second if every company rented a plane to promote a new product ? I bet we would not be here to discuss of it .

You are right there are many planes in the sky, the show must go on until your earth looks like planet Mars.

scientifics are asking us and goverments to do a huge effort . This concert will be the more polluting , thats the world record Sony Ericsson wanted ?

If Jamiroquai is more important for you than humanity, i clearly understand your point of view

Can you explain me why you need to give a concert in a plane ?
Usually people take planes for their work or visit their family .
At this moment, we could have barbecue or cinema in a plane. Universal should present their new movies or their new albums in planes if it' s so important. Why not having fashion parade too ? lool

People are getting completely crazy.
amanray

Postby Jameerica on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:58 pm

look you're right to a point-we don't need a concert in a plane.and jamiroquai ain't more important than humanity.but if we're gonna destroy the planet anyway,why not have some fun on the way?i know it sounds cruel,but did you ever think that if there were less PEOPLE there'd be less pollution too?
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Jamirrorquai on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:01 pm

im not saying its right to do the flight thing but im not saying its wrong either

for all we know they could be towing that plane behind another one and gliding it thus not using any carbon emmissions

we dont know and i dont think every band will do it.

Space travel rockets and probes are doing more damage perlift off then 149 planes do in a year but who complains as its all for science ???

its just a moot point, you have said your views i have said mine, im not disagreeing with you

All i am saying is that you cant lay the blame on one person which it comes accross that you are ?
Jamirrorquai
Supersonic

Postby ivy on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:06 pm

n nations continents are doing this ...think about it the next time you board a plane?! :lol:

read this! :o
taken from :http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/transcripts/3310_sun.html

In Europe and North America, air pollution is already in decline. Scrubbers in power stations, catalytic converters in cars, and low sulfur fuels, though they do nothing to reduce greenhouse gases, have already led to a marked reduction in visible air pollution.

'As a result, it's likely that India and China will follow the same path as the developed world and strive to bring air pollution under control. But there's a terrible catch. While global dimming is a major threat, it now appears it has been protecting us from an even greater threat: accelerated global warming.

It was David Travis who first caught a glimpse of what the world could be like without global dimming. It happened in those chaotic days following the tragedy of 9/11. For 15 years, Travis had been studying the vapor trails, or contrails, left behind by high-flying aircraft. As a jet passes through the air, the pollution particles it emits can trigger the condensation of water droplets. These manmade clouds seem small, but when they all spread out, they can blanket the sky.'
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby amanray on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:07 pm

interesting articles ,ivy, but the last 12 years were the hottest , so the theory of sun dimming is not a good one.

I like Jamiroquai, I just think he should invite 2000 people on earth than 200 people in the sky. The music will be the same :lol:

Producing thousands of tons of CO2 just for the pleasure of 200 people drives me sick.
amanray

Postby Jamirrorquai on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:11 pm

amanray wrote:interesting articles ,ivy, but the last 12 years were the hottest , so the theory of sun dimming is not a good one.

I like Jamiroquai, I just think he should invite 2000 people on earth than 200 people in the sky. The music will be the same :lol:

Producing thousands of tons of CO2 just for the pleasure of 200 people drives me sick.

Did you enter the comp ???

I love your reasoning there and take my hat off to ya

Why not do a concert on a plane in a hanger for 2000 people

that would be brilliant
Jamirrorquai
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:12 pm

amanray wrote:interesting articles ,ivy, but the last 12 years were the hottest , so the theory of sun dimming is not a good one.

look here amanray,if u don't like the idea,than you should just hope the plane crashes!and if it doesn't,well everything will be the same-won't make a difference whether the plane takes off or not.cuz if it doesn't another one will and soo on!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby amanray on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:16 pm

ivy wrote:
In Europe and North America, air pollution is already in decline. Scrubbers in power stations, catalytic converters in cars, and low sulfur fuels, though they do nothing to reduce greenhouse gases, have already led to a marked reduction in visible air pollution.

'

not exactly

http://www.seed.slb.com/en/scictr/watch ... ge/co2.htm
amanray

Postby ivy on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:51 pm

ok yeah..but my point is....stopping air pollution won't help us now ( or the band) if like i stated earlier: "we're only safe now because of the air pollution if it we're ever to stop (dimming of the sun/ globbal dimming).... we would die...we have deterriorated out atmosphere to the point that the pollution is protecting us....a lose-lose situation" ..so its up to u if you want to continue contributing or not ...ok this is pointless its going no where fine..yes jay is polluting with sony :) and its great. period!
ivy
Space Cowboy

Global Warming: The Final Verdict

Postby amanray on Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:31 am

amanray

Postby galaxyfunk on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:46 am

I wondered when someone would bring this up :lol:

The original point made by amanray is right really...

However, my opinion is... 1 more plane taking off and flying about for a couple of hours to break a record and go down in music history isnt really the issue... Everyday global warming and how the goverments are tackling it (or not as the case may be) is.
galaxyfunk
Supersonic

Postby KillingHeidi on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:51 am

amanray wrote:Dinosaurs are dead as the mayas, so the human have to die ? ha ha ha wow cool !

well according to isaac newton, all life on earth will end in the year 2060. and he hasn't been wrong yet has he?

and seriously, you can't reverse the damage done. you can prevent yourself from doing more but you can't force your beliefs on others. it's wrong to force your beliefs on other people, so let's jsut leave it as this.
KillingHeidi
Space Cowboy

Re: Jamiroquai world best CO2 producer

Postby Knjaz Milos on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:58 am

amanray wrote:the whole gig in the sky is very Unenvironmentally Friendly

Blame $ony and all of its branches.
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:10 am

KillingHeidi wrote:
amanray wrote:Dinosaurs are dead as the mayas, so the human have to die ? ha ha ha wow cool !

well according to isaac newton, all life on earth will end in the year 2060. and he hasn't been wrong yet has he?

and seriously, you can't reverse the damage done. you can prevent yourself from doing more but you can't force your beliefs on others. it's wrong to force your beliefs on other people, so let's jsut leave it as this.

yep! :roll:
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby KillingHeidi on Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:21 am

jameerica wrote:
KillingHeidi wrote:

yep! :roll:

I'm not saying I believe Newton's theory, I think it's hilarious, I was just trying to prove this kid wrong, haha.
KillingHeidi
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:34 am

i kno that's what i agreed with lol!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby KillingHeidi on Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:53 am

my bad, sorry.
the roll eyes smiley confuses me sometimes.
KillingHeidi
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:55 am

hahah i won't post it anymore when quoting you!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Jameerica on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:21 am

Human-caused global warming—also called “anthropogenic� global warming—is the latest example of life altering Earth, but it is not the most dramatic.

That title probably goes to the oxygenation of Earth’s early atmosphere by ancient microbes as they began to harness the power of sunlight through photosynthesis.

Humans “are having a strong effect on global geochemical cycles, but it does not compare at all to the advent of oxygenic photosynthesis,� said Katrina Edwards, a geo-microbiologist at the University of Southern California (USC). “That was a catastrophic environmental change that occurred before 2.2 billion years ago [which] wreaked its full wrath on the Earth system.�

what do you have to say to THAT amanray?!!!
we're not as important as you may think.we're just a little piece in the puzzle.
Jameerica
Runaway

Next

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat