Home
Jamiroquai

Hey let's be positive!

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Hey let's be positive!

Postby legs on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:55 pm

Hey lets be positive!!
I've been reading the forum latley and have been disturbed by all the negative comments (fan on fan opinion) about jamiroquai, JK and band members etc. I just feel sad to see his own so called fans moaning about this, that and the other- it seems completely hypocritical when you all went nuts when a journalist slagged him off recently. I would like to ask the question- why is it o.k. for you to do it? I am not saying you shouldn't have an opinion about what songs you like or dislike but do we really want to read negative/ or winging personal opinions about what you want? (especially when most people couldn't write a song to save their life and then telling them how to). I thought when I joined this website it was to CELEBRATE everything that is Jamiroquai, share news, have laughs etc. Maybe if we were all positive about JK he would write somthing here but at this moment in time I can't see why he would want to.
I'm sure Jay and the boys are not as sensitive as me and they can fight their own battles but can't you read between the lines?- I just want to runaway- buggering off to scotland- I don't think they do this for the money and if their own fans don't appreciate them what's the point? Many an interveiw I have heard him thank / comend the fans. I can't help thinking you ungrateful bast**ds they work damn hard give you competitions free concerts etc. but all I hear is 'it aint as good as it used to be'. I comend the people who support them you are probably are the majority but there is always the few who are just too personal and because of the celebrity status seem to spout heartless comments without thinking or caring, from a fan that is sacrilage!!! Stay cool and please be positive!!!! If not how about speaking out about war, poverty, discrimination or cruelty to children - somthing worth fighting for!
User avatar
legs
Supersonic
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:00 am

Postby (cleopatra) on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:20 pm

Hey i agree with you! I still love Jquai wholeheartedly :)
User avatar
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: L'Afrique du Sud

Re: Hey let's be positive!

Postby Jameerica on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:32 pm

legs wrote:Hey lets be positive!!
I've been reading the forum latley and have been disturbed by all the negative comments (fan on fan opinion) about jamiroquai, JK and band members etc. I just feel sad to see his own so called fans moaning about this, that and the other- it seems completely hypocritical when you all went nuts when a journalist slagged him off recently. I would like to ask the question- why is it o.k. for you to do it? I am not saying you shouldn't have an opinion about what songs you like or dislike but do we really want to read negative/ or winging personal opinions about what you want? (especially when most people couldn't write a song to save their life and then telling them how to). I thought when I joined this website it was to CELEBRATE everything that is Jamiroquai, share news, have laughs etc. Maybe if we were all positive about JK he would write somthing here but at this moment in time I can't see why he would want to.
I'm sure Jay and the boys are not as sensitive as me and they can fight their own battles but can't you read between the lines?- I just want to runaway- buggering off to scotland- I don't think they do this for the money and if their own fans don't appreciate them what's the point? Many an interveiw I have heard him thank / comend the fans. I can't help thinking you ungrateful bast**ds they work damn hard give you competitions free concerts etc. but all I hear is 'it aint as good as it used to be'. I comend the people who support them you are probably are the majority but there is always the few who are just too personal and because of the celebrity status seem to spout heartless comments without thinking or caring, from a fan that is sacrilage!!! Stay cool and please be positive!!!! If not how about speaking out about war, poverty, discrimination or cruelty to children - somthing worth fighting for!

you are right.i wont ever ever EVER say something like "i want the old stuff back" again.the stuff they do now is a bit comercial but it's still fucking awesome!i am sorry to ever have said anything bad about the "new jamiroquai" on the forum or in regular chat. :cry:
User avatar
Jameerica
Runaway
 
Posts: 14492
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm
Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby (cleopatra) on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:42 pm

me too Jameerica :cry: :cry:
User avatar
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: L'Afrique du Sud

Postby Sandriche on Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:36 pm

there is nothing wrong too discuss several point of views...
and don´t apologise for your opinion.
if we critisize something it doesn´t mean we don´t like it anymore.
it would be boring to just say..yes i like it ..yes i agree , yes..please nooooo.
to read different statements give each other an impression what is going on in all the jamiroquaifan-heads.

if somebody is a jazzfan and doesn´t like the new stuff so much anymore why shouldn´t he say it?
if somebody doesn´t like jay kay´s lifestyle considering what he was singing about years ago ..why not say it?

this is a forum and any comments are welcome as long they are
not rude or hurting anybody
giving space for discussion
including reasons for what is said.

if i would read a comment like jamiroquai is crap today....i wouldn´t even reply.this is just too cheap to me..all the articles saying something like that..i don´t give a sh*t on it..in fact i wonder seeing so many people reply to such silly lines. u just give the writers what they want..attention...press is there to write bad ..it was always like that and it will always be so. nobody can change that

u know me all. i am in the happy position to like old and new stuff. of course i have my favourite tunes, mainly from the past term..but i really love seeing what is developed by the new band members now..and that stuart zender or toby smith won´t come back is fact and i agree that is no reason for any tear! but everybody has the right to say.."hey i miss the old times BECAUSE..."

just respect each others opinions , share your feelings and thoughts and keep discussing.. :wink:
Sandriche
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Austria /Australia

Postby Jameerica on Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:46 pm

i miss the old stuff cos i like horns and i don't like electronic sound that much.that's all.
User avatar
Jameerica
Runaway
 
Posts: 14492
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm
Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby Sandriche on Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:52 pm

then please say so! i am so glad they brought the brass back
..god..u have a right to say what u think.
just respect the forum rules..that´s all
Sandriche
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Austria /Australia

Postby Jameerica on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:00 pm

ok i will...no more spamming with lightfoot and cleopatra!
but legs was right to a point.there are people who really keep saying that the new stuff is real sh*t.it isn't it's good but not just as good as the old one.i am sorry to say i was one of those people for a while.
User avatar
Jameerica
Runaway
 
Posts: 14492
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm
Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Re: Hey let's be positive!

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:31 pm

legs wrote:Hey lets be positive!!
I've been reading the forum latley and have been disturbed by all the negative comments (fan on fan opinion) about jamiroquai, JK and band members etc. I just feel sad to see his own so called fans moaning about this, that and the other- it seems completely hypocritical when you all went nuts when a journalist slagged him off recently. I would like to ask the question- why is it o.k. for you to do it? I am not saying you shouldn't have an opinion about what songs you like or dislike but do we really want to read negative/ or winging personal opinions about what you want? (especially when most people couldn't write a song to save their life and then telling them how to). I thought when I joined this website it was to CELEBRATE everything that is Jamiroquai, share news, have laughs etc. Maybe if we were all positive about JK he would write somthing here but at this moment in time I can't see why he would want to.
I'm sure Jay and the boys are not as sensitive as me and they can fight their own battles but can't you read between the lines?- I just want to runaway- buggering off to scotland- I don't think they do this for the money and if their own fans don't appreciate them what's the point? Many an interveiw I have heard him thank / comend the fans. I can't help thinking you ungrateful bast**ds they work damn hard give you competitions free concerts etc. but all I hear is 'it aint as good as it used to be'. I comend the people who support them you are probably are the majority but there is always the few who are just too personal and because of the celebrity status seem to spout heartless comments without thinking or caring, from a fan that is sacrilage!!! Stay cool and please be positive!!!! If not how about speaking out about war, poverty, discrimination or cruelty to children - somthing worth fighting for!


Legs I totally agree with you.Ive been trying for a long to do this, but thanks God, you made it brother, a good lesson for all of us. :D :D :D
User avatar
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:07 pm

Re: Hey let's be positive!

Postby mr.aZ on Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:33 am

FunkODYSSEUS wrote:
legs wrote:Hey lets be positive!!
I've been reading the forum latley and have been disturbed by all the negative comments (fan on fan opinion) about jamiroquai, JK and band members etc. I just feel sad to see his own so called fans moaning about this, that and the other- it seems completely hypocritical when you all went nuts when a journalist slagged him off recently. I would like to ask the question- why is it o.k. for you to do it? I am not saying you shouldn't have an opinion about what songs you like or dislike but do we really want to read negative/ or winging personal opinions about what you want? (especially when most people couldn't write a song to save their life and then telling them how to). I thought when I joined this website it was to CELEBRATE everything that is Jamiroquai, share news, have laughs etc. Maybe if we were all positive about JK he would write somthing here but at this moment in time I can't see why he would want to.
I'm sure Jay and the boys are not as sensitive as me and they can fight their own battles but can't you read between the lines?- I just want to runaway- buggering off to scotland- I don't think they do this for the money and if their own fans don't appreciate them what's the point? Many an interveiw I have heard him thank / comend the fans. I can't help thinking you ungrateful bast**ds they work damn hard give you competitions free concerts etc. but all I hear is 'it aint as good as it used to be'. I comend the people who support them you are probably are the majority but there is always the few who are just too personal and because of the celebrity status seem to spout heartless comments without thinking or caring, from a fan that is sacrilage!!! Stay cool and please be positive!!!! If not how about speaking out about war, poverty, discrimination or cruelty to children - somthing worth fighting for!


Legs I totally agree with you.Ive been trying for a long to do this, but thanks God, you made it brother, a good lesson for all of us. :D :D :D

agree
by the way, join me in the peace thread and in msypace legs
www.myspace.com/havefunonholiday :arrow: :D :wink:
User avatar
mr.aZ
Dynamite
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:05 am
Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby galaxyfunk on Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:38 am

Totally agree.. as Ive put in another thread, Im just not going to reply to certain things...

I said last time I was on this forum, if the music hadnt changed and it was still full on horns, after this amount of years, that wouldnt be right for some people either!.. I can imagine reading comments such as... Jamiroquai dont move with the times.. they are old fashioned...it all sounds the same, they have never experimented with different sounds/style...

Healthy debate is good... but coming across in a manner that suggests they are not as good as they used to be, or not liking the style of the music today etc. just makes me wonder why people who make comments like that still bother to follow them, let alone spend the time posting on a fan site!

:lol:
User avatar
galaxyfunk
Supersonic
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Sittin in the summer sun...

Postby purplemonkeydishwasher on Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:44 am

Yeah. I agree :)
User avatar
purplemonkeydishwasher
Supersonic
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:42 am
Location: New South Wales,Australia

Postby samantha1170 on Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:54 am

I agree that everyone has a right to an opinion when it comes to JMQ's music. You've got to remember that if no-one gave any constructive criticism that Jay and the band would have no idea on what the fans like and what they don't like. Jay has always said he appreciates all his fans and that he appreciates their honest opinion on songs and their direction. In interviews he's said that he saw what the fans liked and disliked about each album when it came out, so he & the band obviously come to the forums to see what is working well with the fans and what is not.

You're always going to get people who say 'go back to what you used to do' but there's also a lot of new fans that say 'I love the new direction'. We are in a lucky position where constructive criticism can be looked at by the band, but I don't think it's right for fans to say "this is s*it", "youre music's gone bad" - that's just being disrespectful to the band - if you feel that way, explain why you don't like it instead of just saying it's bad.

Anyway like I said, it's great that we all have opinions and we have a right to say what we want to say, but it's just the 'way' in which people say negative things that can be disrespectful to the brilliance of the band :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby galaxyfunk on Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:57 am

samantha1170 wrote:I agree that everyone has a right to an opinion when it comes to JMQ's music. You've got to remember that if no-one gave any constructive criticism that Jay and the band would have no idea on what the fans like and what they don't like. Jay has always said he appreciates all his fans and that he appreciates their honest opinion on songs and their direction. In interviews he's said that he saw what the fans liked and disliked about each album when it came out, so he & the band obviously come to the forums to see what is working well with the fans and what is not.

You're always going to get people who say 'go back to what you used to do' but there's also a lot of new fans that say 'I love the new direction'. We are in a lucky position where constructive criticism can be looked at by the band, but I don't think it's right for fans to say "this is s*it", "youre music's gone bad" - that's just being disrespectful to the band - if you feel that way, explain why you don't like it instead of just saying it's bad.

Anyway like I said, it's great that we all have opinions and we have a right to say what we want to say, but it's just the 'way' in which people say negative things that can be disrespectful to the brilliance of the band :)

SAMANTHA


Spot on... Thats much better put than mine :lol:
User avatar
galaxyfunk
Supersonic
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Sittin in the summer sun...

Postby samantha1170 on Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:59 am

Thanks Galaxy :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby gypsysister on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:37 am

... there are messages in all of the music
... there are reasons for all albums
... there are opinions for all things
... there is beauty and magic in everything
... there should never be regrets
gypsysister
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:35 pm
Location: stillness in time

Postby freaky on Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:43 am

Sandriche wrote:there is nothing wrong too discuss several point of views...
and don´t apologise for your opinion.
if we critisize something it doesn´t mean we don´t like it anymore.
it would be boring to just say..yes i like it ..yes i agree , yes..please nooooo.
to read different statements give each other an impression what is going on in all the jamiroquaifan-heads.

if somebody is a jazzfan and doesn´t like the new stuff so much anymore why shouldn´t he say it?
if somebody doesn´t like jay kay´s lifestyle considering what he was singing about years ago ..why not say it?

this is a forum and any comments are welcome as long they are
not rude or hurting anybody
giving space for discussion
including reasons for what is said.

if i would read a comment like jamiroquai is crap today....i wouldn´t even reply.this is just too cheap to me..all the articles saying something like that..i don´t give a sh*t on it..in fact i wonder seeing so many people reply to such silly lines. u just give the writers what they want..attention...press is there to write bad ..it was always like that and it will always be so. nobody can change that

u know me all. i am in the happy position to like old and new stuff. of course i have my favourite tunes, mainly from the past term..but i really love seeing what is developed by the new band members now..and that stuart zender or toby smith won´t come back is fact and i agree that is no reason for any tear! but everybody has the right to say.."hey i miss the old times BECAUSE..."

just respect each others opinions , share your feelings and thoughts and keep discussing.. :wink:


I agree more with Sandra on this.

Just because you like a tune a bit more or less does not make you a bad fan.
It makes you HUMAN!

So by saying, i won't express myself my saying i like something not that much.....please express yourself!
That is what a forum is all about.
Expressing your thoughts and feelings
Just don't cross the boundries and attack ppl because of what they think.

Ofcourse i have my favourite tunes, but when at a concert.
I will party on all songs they perform, even the songs i like less :wink:
Because when the band is swinging and trully jammin....you are just happy to be there!
User avatar
freaky
Mr Moon
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:31 pm
Location: Netherlands

Postby legs on Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:29 pm

galaxy funk, samantha and similar veiws that's exactly what I mean! Maybe some other people have mis read me (we have had this disscusion so many times before about old and new styles) I was trying to get everyone to think about HOW they discuss and that there is no need to be so cruel or thoughtless of other peoples feelings. If you noticed I didn't point the finger at anyone that's not my style. I don't agree however that there always going to be bad press, maybe there is, but that doesn't mean it is right. We are all in control and should take responsibility for what we say maybe if we did WE COULD CHANGE ATTITUDES if we all collectivley did it we could make a difference in everything not just here, it's a powerful thing!
I love discussing - even though I can't spell it !!!! lol. I hope to be doing it with you all soon xxxx!
Just one other quote to get the juices flowing- " all the nasty things that people say, but I'm going to make it anyway!"
"Don't give hate a chance we've got all this love to give you know" Love it! :lol:
User avatar
legs
Supersonic
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:00 am

Postby Jameerica on Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:44 pm

true!JUST KEEP THE FUNK GOING WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT LOL!
User avatar
Jameerica
Runaway
 
Posts: 14492
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm
Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:28 pm

jameerica wrote:true!JUST KEEP THE FUNK GOING WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT LOL!

Yes, yes and yes :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:07 pm

Postby mr.aZ on Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:57 pm

FunkODYSSEUS wrote:
jameerica wrote:true!JUST KEEP THE FUNK GOING WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT LOL!

Yes, yes and yes :lol: :lol: :lol:

agree again with you
yea, me must respect each other, fight only because u like a song is so stupid :lol: :lol: :lol:
we like the band, how we can fight because we have different points of view?
User avatar
mr.aZ
Dynamite
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:05 am
Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby FunkEducation on Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:15 pm

yep, but remember there are not only constructive critics to a band... i really criticize the band but i'm not destroying them... i feel that you posted that specially to me... but don't worry, that's true!

yes, you are all fans... but it doesn't mean we all have to love it! you know i only like the Zender jamiroquai, there is something wrong with it? i'm not a fan of the actual band, i'm just agreed with some things they do... but i'm obssesed with the old one...

so, that's a thing of likes... remember, this is a DISCUSSION FORUM... here we all say good and bad things of the band you all love, and that's Jamiroquai...

if we were all agreed at all in the band, what are we gonna discuss? nothing...
discussions starts when you say you like something about it, and i say i don't... and you say what great things are on it, and i say what not! that's it!

the thing is discuss without start a war here, and that's not gonna happen (i wish)
keep on groovin' lovely forum!
bye!
FunkEducation
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:29 pm
Location: Maracay, Venezuela

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:05 pm

FunkEducation wrote:yep, but remember there are not only constructive critics to a band... i really criticize the band but i'm not destroying them... i feel that you posted that specially to me... but don't worry, that's true!

yes, you are all fans... but it doesn't mean we all have to love it! you know i only like the Zender jamiroquai, there is something wrong with it? i'm not a fan of the actual band, i'm just agreed with some things they do... but i'm obssesed with the old one...

so, that's a thing of likes... remember, this is a DISCUSSION FORUM... here we all say good and bad things of the band you all love, and that's Jamiroquai...

if we were all agreed at all in the band, what are we gonna discuss? nothing...
discussions starts when you say you like something about it, and i say i don't... and you say what great things are on it, and i say what not! that's it!

the thing is discuss without start a war here, and that's not gonna happen (i wish)
keep on groovin' lovely forum!
bye!

Sorry brother,you are right, we just disliked the way you express your opinion, but thats your way and we have to respect it. And yes, we have to keep on groovin.I think we dont need to discuss for this anymore. :D :D :D
User avatar
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:07 pm

Postby (cleopatra) on Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:40 am

jameerica wrote:ok i will...no more spamming with lightfoot and cleopatra!
but legs was right to a point.there are people who really keep saying that the new stuff is real sh*t.it isn't it's good but not just as good as the old one.i am sorry to say i was one of those people for a while.


we don't spam... do we? :shock:

Dude, legs was right to a point. Yes i felt disappointed when i first heard Dynamite.. But thats because it doesnt touch my soul the same way the old
stuff does.

But its still got the Jay Kay flavour!

I love the horns too - but i also like electronic sounds...

my opinion is that JK's new work will be about going back to his roots...

anyway i'm done :)
User avatar
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: L'Afrique du Sud

Postby Jameerica on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:27 pm

i hope it will.
User avatar
Jameerica
Runaway
 
Posts: 14492
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm
Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Next

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron