Home
Jamiroquai

drowned in sound article - Jan 2007

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

drowned in sound article - Jan 2007

Postby Jamirrorquai on Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:54 pm

this is bull crap
just cos people have different tastes in music

grrrrrrrrrr it is so appaling that people can get away with this.

http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/1517934
Jamirrorquai
Supersonic

Postby FunkEducation on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:03 pm

they're talking about the post-zender jamiroquai... so, kind of agree with them...
FunkEducation

Postby Jameerica on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:23 pm

well you know the post-zender jmq ain't THAT bad!i still prefer listening to,let's say,love foolosophy or hot tequila brown,than chamillionare and that sh*t!
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby Jamirrorquai on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:33 pm

it all comes down to individual taste though.

The bass line doesnt always make a great song.

I have heard the post Zender era argument a lot and lets be honest, its not that different in the style of bass, the whole songs are different, more mellow, more mainstream and more of the moment in the life of the writer.

Zender is a great bass player, but any session jazz bassist could replicate it easily, with each new member comes a new style.
Jamirrorquai
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:39 pm

EXACTLY!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby mr.aZ on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:19 pm

jameerica wrote:well you know the post-zender jmq ain't THAT bad!i still prefer listening to,let's say,love foolosophy or hot tequila brown,than chamillionare and that sh*t!

agree
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby (cleopatra) on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:40 pm

mr.aZ wrote:
jameerica wrote:well you know the post-zender jmq ain't THAT bad!i still prefer listening to,let's say,love foolosophy or hot tequila brown,than chamillionare and that sh*t!

agree

yeah axactly.

well jquai with Zender, was a different sound altogether.... and my favourite album of all time is ROTSC... but i still love the rest of their music! It doesnt mean that post-Zender Jquai is bad!

Besides, if the Jquai sound had not changed, people would still be dumping on them, saying that they hadn't progressed!
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby ivy on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:53 pm

i doubt they'd like jamiroquai before or after haha sounds like they never heard them really maybe came accross one or two songs from them via radio :lol:
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:56 pm

haha people are dumping on jamiroquai anyway lol.anyways wonder what this new sound jay's talking bout,is....i just hope it's something good and unusual...speaking of unusual,cleopatra,have you found roisin?if u have i hope you like it atleast as half as i do!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby FunkEducation on Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:51 pm

yep, but Zender was not only involved on bass... he was part of the band and co-wrote most songs with Jay and Toby... they were a team!

that's why they recorded TWM and won so many awards and album sellings...

THAT IS NOT gonna happen with the actual band.. and you all know that!!
Dynamite??? ahah you're really kidding me... they couldnt sell more than 3 million albums... sad...
FunkEducation

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:05 pm

FunkEducation wrote:they're talking about the post-zender jamiroquai... so, kind of agree with them...

Brother, are you insane!!!This article has nothing to do with the Post-zender Jamiroquai.People talk,talk,talk but Jamiroquai still Jams,funks and blows minds.There's only one Jamiroquai, Stu is a brilliant past but now they are awsome.Sorry,I know that you hate the new flavours of Jamiroquai but thats the real funk.
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby (cleopatra) on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:08 am

FunkEducation wrote:yep, but Zender was not only involved on bass... he was part of the band and co-wrote most songs with Jay and Toby... they were a team!

that's why they recorded TWM and won so many awards and album sellings...

THAT IS NOT gonna happen with the actual band.. and you all know that!!
Dynamite??? ahah you're really kidding me... they couldnt sell more than 3 million albums... sad...

did Dynamite really only sell 3 million? :shock:

Toby Smith and Stu Zender helped to make great music... But look at the actual song ROTSC - JK wrote that all by himself and thats a brilliant song... though i admit it is sad that the sound is different without smith and zender.

@ Jameerica - I'm also anticipating the new sounds... and i know i'm not gonna be disappointed!

havent found roisin though - I don't download any music on this laptop cos its too slow!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby ivy on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:14 am

i think it's mostly the marketing that's driving those numbers Ed.

Funk Odyssey isn't that like they're best sold album? that was definately post-Zender

i know dynamite, funk odyssey, got zero marketing here in the U.S.

imagine the numbers if there was marketing involved here..during AFO era :shock:
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby (cleopatra) on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:18 am

good point ivy... regardless of whether or not Zender left the band... its still ridiculous to badmouth other people like that. Just look at all the support Jquai receives at concerts,in sales,even this forum...
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby galaxyfunk on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:58 am

FunkEducation wrote:they're talking about the post-zender jamiroquai... so, kind of agree with them...

Yaaaaawn

:roll:

Ive decided, im not going to answer threads about:

- Bring back the horns
- They are not as good as they used to be
- I dont like their sound anymore
- They should bring back old band members

:lol:
galaxyfunk
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:51 am

galaxyfunk-YOU ARE SO RIGHT!tho the sound was better ,but still we should be happy with what we have!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:56 am

Ok friends tell me how can we bring Stu?!!!Impossible
Jamiroquai still got it, and especially Jay is in great shape. People, they still funk. I understand, we all miss the old sound but that is not a reason to call Jamiroquai rubbish band.For me in general I love Jamiroquai. Do you still love them?!!! :D :D :D
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby Sandriche on Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:16 pm

absolutely agree...
and..YES :D
Sandriche

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Sandriche wrote:absolutely agree...
and..YES :D

Really thanks,I needed it. :D :D :D
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby Jameerica on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:19 pm

OF COURSE!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby (cleopatra) on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:17 pm

AGREEEE with everything everyone has said here (from Galaxyfunk's post of course) !!!
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby mr.aZ on Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:58 am

(cleopatra) wrote:AGREEEE with everything everyone has said here (from Galaxyfunk's post of course) !!!

agree with you again
and by the way, that's mean i like all jamiroquai eras...except afo...that album dont grow on me...is hard to listen :shock:
but dynamite and sinkronized are good(better dynamite)
afo have great sales but im sure many of you have divided points of view...but that's another thread :lol: :lol:
and like i say many times here
i dont give a f**k about the sales, that's care for sony, not for me
the band must win money but the money cant be the ''why'' they do music...there's so many pop persons who wins alot of money doing crap...jamiroquai must win the money they deserve, they must sell what they deserve, they must win the awards they deserve, dont forget now the ''music bussiness'' can make you win only because they want...so, many awards are only a trick between the award people and the music companys...i dont give a f**k about the money on the sales...if i was musician my first think to care will be be the best i can be and i will say all i want and i dont give a f**k if i have only 1000 fans, they will be real fans, when the bands become mainstream many fans go away in the next albums because is not the same sh*t they want...so who cares if we are only 1000, 10.000 or 1000.000?if we really think we like the band we are in the right place, alot of sales now mean you have great marketing campaings, even when u music can be sh*t :evil:
money is need for live, but live for money... :twisted:
people do the most horrible things only to have money...look what george ''war''bush is doing, all for the money, he kill millions of innocent people in this wars only because the money he can win with the oil and other companies..., so the money must die :twisted: and the money dont must move our world :evil: we will be really free when the money was not the first thing in our lives and the spiritual and the arts become the real important things on life, and burocracy and many sh*t like that die, and give us place for be a society when the love really can rule and the power dont care anymore...only how big is your soul, how good you're :D
jay, dont forget, make more music and start to sell all the material things that u dont need anymore, when u can find a girl and a life with her and have sons and all that things u will have not so many material things but u will have spiritual things, so im sure u know that, that must be the important things...sony used you as a they use many musicians that dont know the bussiness...and i cant believe i live in a world where the ''music'' is a bussiness...wtf?music is art, music is a way to express yourself, to be you, how could a monopoly choose-direct something like the music?
that explain all the crap that is around...only because they have sells they sell crap...many very good bands-even in my country-are good but they dont have so many publicity, but you can find them anyways and they never loose their soul,so i must say i know many underground music very good, and in many music styles...but ifi talk about why i like to listen many different styles this post will be longer as a road, so i must stop
musicians, dont sell to the big companys, use internet, use another ways, here many good bands start with small shows and cassetes or lps, so win fans in that way...the money only is fucking our world :evil:

if u wanna read again this will be in my space soon...with a good title obviusly :wink:
i can sounds rude but i need to share what i think with all 8)
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby FunkEducation on Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:08 pm

hahaah i know the old guys are not gonna be back...
i know they will never sound like they did (that's a bit impossible i think)
even if they put a DJ, Brass and a Didgeridoo they will never sound like they did...

but well... that's your band guys and you love it... you just have to accept someone elses critics... i don't like it, you do... so... enjoy your band, the same way i enjoy the Zender one...

another thing i can say is, that the actual band has done some great stuff... what can i say? Shoot the Moon? Do it like we used to do? Time Won't Wait? Canned Heat live at the Jazz Cafe?, yeh, great songs... but not enough for me, cos they had the world on their hands back in 1997... 8 million albums? why that happened?

and why its not gonna happen actually? you all know it...
i really like to come here, and make my critics and see how people take it! and we haven't started a fight because of that!
i'm proud of this forum! that is becoming better everyday!
sometimes so much rules makes a forum sad and not funny...
keep on groovin' people!
FunkEducation

Postby (cleopatra) on Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:30 am

everyone here has a good point to make... its very interesting to read other people's opinions of the band...

What do you think Jay's new work will sound like... maybe this should be a new thread
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:27 am

Yes, right.By the way,we have already a thread where we discuss the new album
http://bb.jamiroquai.com/viewtopic.php?t=4984
http://bb.jamiroquai.com/viewtopic.php?t=5026
:D :D :D
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Next

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat