Home
Jamiroquai

why do you listen to jmq?

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

why do you listen to jmq?

Postby Jameerica on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:57 pm

for me, it's because it gives me hope-that things aren't as dark as they seem and that someday,something will change.what are your reasons?
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby KillingHeidi on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:19 am

There's a general reason why I listen to the music I like. It's because it makes me happy.
But each band and artist has their own particular reason aswell as that. For Jamiroquai it may possibly be because it's something different than the usual rock bands or acoustic singers I listen to. I can't really pick why I listen to them, I like the lyrics and I like the uniqueness they have even though they fall under the acid jazz/dance genre they still have something some bands don't. It's something different. There doesn't really always have to be an answer for everything, you can just like them because you do.
But then I can see with all my favourites that each one of them has their own unique and original style about them that no one else has. You can see with Van Morrison that his voice is easily recognisable and you can't mistake it for anyone elses, you can tell it's Killing Heidi because Ella's voice has got the little raspiness to it and the lyrics are quite unique, Simon and Garfunkel are just that musical duo that can't be beaten and every song they've made is recognisable all over the world, Crowded House has Neil Finn fronting them and no one on this planet writes more poetic bittersweet lyrics than he. Each band and artist has a thing about them that attracts me to them, and none are alike.

Anyway, that's my answer. I know it's long but to anyone who bothered to read it all, I guess thankyou would go down well.
:)
KillingHeidi
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:57 am

i've seen longer.
now i've someone could only answer me the question what i liked about the spice girls.... :oops: ...thank god i've regained my brain.
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby KillingHeidi on Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:00 am

you liked the spice girls because everyone else on this planet liked them at one stage in their life, even if just for a second :P .
i know i did. but they were cool.
except posh spice. never liked her. shes a weirdo.
KillingHeidi
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:19 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: they're all weirdos to me 8) now i got my victor wooten,marcus miller,miles davis,john coltrane(.....)and most importantly JAMIROQUAI!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby motowngirl on Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:38 pm

hi ! everybody !

the first time i listened jamiroquai, i was think"beuuurk this woman have a special voice !, i hate her !"

and when i known it's a man ! i listen listen, and i think it's great ! WHY? because jay kay have a special voice and i like it !

after there is the music !!!i love the son, it's disco funky modern jazz saoul there is all the best music of the world ! i m saoul woman ! and JAMIROQUAI have the same influence.

so that all this reasons i love jamiroquai !!

bye bye motowngirl
motowngirl

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:32 pm

Good question.I loveeee Jamiroquai becouse of their funkomelancholyc music mixed with hope :)
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:35 pm

jameerica wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: they're all weirdos to me 8) now i got my victor wooten,marcus miller,miles davis,john coltrane(.....)and most importantly JAMIROQUAI!

hahaha when I was boy 10-11 years old I liked BSBoys :lol: :lol: :lol:
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby Jameerica on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:38 pm

FunkODYSSEUS wrote:Good question.I loveeee Jamiroquai becouse of their funkomelancholyc music mixed with hope :)

hmm nice one!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby (cleopatra) on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:42 pm

I love Jquai because I put them on and immediately I feel as though I've come home.

Jay Kay's voice is superb... the melodies are amazing. The lyrics, the feeling, and importantly, the concept of the band are all factors.
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby Jameerica on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:44 pm

yes!jays voice may be funktastic-but the instrumentals!music of the mind is my all time favourite!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby (cleopatra) on Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:18 pm

Jameerica mine too! I'm sure we discussed this in another forum already :?: hmmm. But my EOPE cd is scratched cos I've listened it so much and especially, I've ffwd and rewinded the crescendo on Music of the Mind :( and I haven't got it on my PC. guess i'll just buy it again.:)
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby Jameerica on Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:48 pm

yes!that's the best thing about it-the melody seems to be kinda floating...sounds a lot like a river...hmmm i just love it
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby (cleopatra) on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:08 pm

yes! a river... a river, flowing, curving, over rocks... it sounds exacly like that jameerica!
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby Jameerica on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:10 pm

ahaaaa.....hmm i just love it!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Kay_Odyssey on Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:14 am

I listen to JMQ because to me their music is just mood-altering! i could have the worst day of my life and can always depend on them to put "that sunshine in my life" :D Jay's voice is amazing the melodies are mind blowing, i love the bass riffs! and derrick just makes playing the drums so easy! i learnt that its not :(

Jamiroquai you give me something! They've added just another reason to make life worth living!
Kay_Odyssey

Postby Jameerica on Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:44 am

yes...i'd be devastated if something happened and i lost my hearing! :shock: good forbid.. :? :shock:
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby (cleopatra) on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:13 pm

Jameerica don't talk of such evil things :shock: :shock: well at least you'd still be able to see, so you could post messages on the forums :)
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby littlemiss on Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:22 am

makes me feel good! It's funky, always listen to it on my iPod when I'm walking along and it really gives me a lift and a groove to my walk!
littlemiss

Postby Jameerica on Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:58 am

(cleopatra) wrote:Jameerica don't talk of such evil things :shock: :shock: well at least you'd still be able to see, so you could post messages on the forums :)

ooh i'm like that always thinking of what could go wrong....
if i didn't have no hearing and if i couldn't visit you guys at the JPP,i'd really,REALLY be devastated...God forbid!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby (cleopatra) on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:00 am

little ray of optimism you are jameerica :)
(cleopatra)
Mr Moon

Postby galaxyfunk on Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:11 am

I love them cause...

When they first broke onto the scene there was alot of rave music and stuff like stone roses and they were totally different and fresh

I saw them in 93 and have seen them a number of times.. and they are always fantastic live - best band ive seen live infact

Ive grown up with them! their albums reflect the years..

I love the way their/his lyrics can have so much meaning, including love, but have a funky tune... so no slushy lovey dovey crap (even their slow tracks have class and something different)

The tracks are upbeat and have a feel good factor about them

They (and members in the past) are extremely talented musicians and you can see they love what they do

I like how the band members are down to earth and take time out to chat to fans

And finally... I cant wait to see what they/he does next and thats how ive always felt... always waiting for the next album (can still do that after 14 years!) :D
galaxyfunk
Supersonic

Postby sedaquai on Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:14 am

They light my life,give me positive energy,they make me patient even while studing because at that time i listen to them and i become inspired, even ppl ask me if i got bored of them .my answer will always 'NO'.they are unique and my love!
sedaquai
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:48 am

yes i know it goes on my nerves when people say or think- i read peoples minds lol,how come you don't get bored?well how can you get bored of something you love?am i supposed to be bored grom my brothers and my mum and dad?!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Jamisther on Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:10 pm

... :? why do i listen to Jamiroquai?
i like it because it's another world.
Sad, happy, angry, dispointed...i always listen to jmq 'cause it's so good feeling free, not thinking about high times...
i just love the way music goes...accords, rythm...the groove, the funk...
i don't know how to describe their music...it's just question of sensations...something u've got inside! :wink:
Jamisther
Supersonic

Next

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat