Home
Jamiroquai

Gig In The Sky - February 2007

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Gig In The Sky - February 2007

Postby JamUser98 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:40 am

Looks like this is getting officially announced now from what I see on other websites....

Jamiroquai to perform onboard a plane at 35,000 feet in February, and then perform a gig afterwards! How cool is that. Looks like it could be a record for the highest ever gig! A few months ago singer Katie Melua got a record for the deepest underwater concert. Maybe Jamiroquai are going for this record...
JamUser98

Postby Jameerica on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:32 am

coooooooooooooooooooool!wouldn't it be nice to be on the plane?
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby JGrizz on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:11 pm

8) This is good news......

wow ....maybe they will play a Pink Floyd song???

ha ha...

:lol:
JGrizz

Postby Guesswho9 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:00 pm

I hope its a full album, Not just 3 songs and thats it.

But too win it would be amazing, But it would be really odd on a plane, Could you imagine dancing or something like that.
I would love to win it however, Where do you enter.
Guesswho9

Postby Sandriche on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:11 pm

as long it is in a big plane and not in jay´s helicopter

:lol:

(we don´t know yet..any news will appear on funkin and here)
Sandriche

Postby Jameerica on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:14 pm

i'd be quite comfortable in jay's helicopter.BUt without the rest of the band there :twisted: :twisted:
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby samantha1170 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:33 pm

Here's some info from Funkin.com...

Stories and news is starting to appear about an exclusive Jamiroquai gig being held high in the sky on-board an aeroplane in February 2007!!

According to posts on the Jamline mailing list, Jamirotalk and the Jam Party People Forum, it is part of a promotion between Sony Ericsson and Jamiroquai and there will be a concert to win "tickets for a concert to be held on a plane from Munich (Germany) to Athens (Italy), hotel for two and also another concert in Athens. It's called "gig in the sky" and it's on the 27th of February."

More details about this gig will no doubt appear over the coming days and weeks. It looks like there's two gigs now in the planning for 2007 - this one and the exclusive gig for competition winners as part of the previously announced Intel promotion.

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Guesswho9 on Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:12 pm

The more interesting it gets.

I did't know Jamiroquai was still doing deals with sony erikkson as well.
Guesswho9

Postby myasia on Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:23 am

wow, to fly and get funked out in style what are the odds?
myasia
Space Cowboy

Postby Janluka on Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:53 am

..athens in italy?.. :shock:

..geography is not an opinion..
Janluka
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:59 am

i bet jay must've done the writing of the article :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Sandriche on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:51 pm

Yahoo! Music in France have a page with a link to the Sony Ericsson website. More info is apparently coming soon....

http://tinyurl.com/y3wp9u

Thanks to Jean-Pierre.
Comment by David Rowe on Sunday 31 December 2006, 15:51 (GMT) (x.44.x.239)

(www.funkin.com)
Sandriche

Postby myasia on Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:22 pm

i guess this is where those french classes are supposed to come in handy :?
myasia
Space Cowboy

Postby Bbmin7(b5) on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:17 am

HUH> that had better be a huge plan
Bbmin7(b5)
Supersonic

Postby sarah-5 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:39 pm

...and also another concert in Athens. ....

:shock: :D I hope this is true and that it's Athens in Greece and nowhere else.
sarah-5
Mr Moon

Postby zaratino on Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:32 am

Janluka wrote:..athens in italy?.. :shock:

hahahaha athens in ITALY???
there is one athens in georgia, US...but italy no!!! hihihihi

anyway i think it's a cool idea!!!
zaratino
Space Cowboy

Postby manudevil21 on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:27 pm

Janluka wrote:..athens in italy?.. :shock:

i guess someone was sleeping in school when they had geography!!! :lol:
manudevil21
Space Cowboy

Postby Sandriche on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:28 pm

it was a little mistake by david which he immediately corrected..so stop picking on it.. :roll:
Sandriche

Postby manudevil21 on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:41 pm

you know what...you can delte it if you don't like it!
manudevil21
Space Cowboy

Postby neetek on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:28 am

AHAHAHAHAH!!

Athens in Italy, UHUHUHUH!!! IHIHIHIHIHI!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! EHEHEHEHEHE!!!! UUUH UHU HUHUHU!! OOOHOH OH OHOHOHOH!!!!!

Hey, it happens to everyone to mistake (specialy in geography).
I never studied or learned History, lesser Geography (although I like the last one!)

By the way i'm italian, so....ihihihihi!!

UHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! (..don't be angry boys, just be "Wahoo!")

..i want to see Jamiro in concert very soon..
neetek
Supersonic

Postby im a virtual insanity on Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:45 pm

if you live in the UK you know what I'm on about when i talk about Jade Goody on Big Brother: "you live in EAST ANGLIA!! but that's abroad!"

(i should point out, for those who don't know, that East Anglia is a region on the East coast of England and that Jade Goody is as thick as a short plank of wood)
im a virtual insanity
Supersonic

Postby udawn on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:33 am

ATHENS IS THE CAPITAL OF GREECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i hope, hope, hope, hope, pray to God, pray, pray for Jamiroquai to visit and play live in GREECE!!!
udawn
Mr Moon

Postby duki on Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Yeah, I know, I read Athens in Italy and went-Really? Didn't know there was Athens in Italy, I only know of Athens in Greece and USA.
I went to Athens, Greece, for the New Year 2007. :D What a great time I had! Hope Jay and the guys would also have a wonderful time when they arrive there. I soooooooooooo want to see that gig! :D
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby cbearpeace on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:49 pm

:wink: 8) sounds good idea to me we should all go huh
:wink: 8)
cbearpeace
Supersonic

Postby JamUser98 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:33 pm

Oh, and here's the press release!

Press Release

Sony Ericsson WALKMAN® phones and Jamiroquai Join
The Mile High Club!

Sony Ericsson Walkman® Gig in the Sky

Forget Glastonbury, Benicassim or Woodstock, Sony Ericsson is set to stage the ultimate live music experience - 35,000 ft above the ground!

The aptly named Gig in the Sky event will see multi award-winning group Jamiroquai perform to an exclusive audience aboard a specially designed jet. On February 27th 2007 the band will be performing their world-famous hits, including Virtual Insanity, Cosmic Girl and their latest release Runaway, for an audience of 200 special guests.

The extraordinary concert will take off in Munich, Germany, before eventually landing at a secret location in Europe for an A-List after show party already in full swing within the airport terminal.

But this is one exclusive party that won’t have an industry-only guest-list. Sony Ericsson is ensuring the world-first music event can instead be enjoyed by fans and its customers all over Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Gig in the Sky tickets will be available through a two-pronged marketing promotion, with on-pack and in-store competitions supporting local media-giveaways. Fans can also log onto www.sonyericsson.com/giginthesky to enter the draw to win tickets to this ultimate in in-flight entertainment.

Sony Ericsson customers who don’t get the chance to board the gig in person will still be able to attend in spirit when the event is made available as an exclusive download via their new Walkman® phone later in the year.

The exhilarating musical feast is also attempting to go down in the record books as the world’s ‘Highest ever Concert’, with an official Guinness World Record adjudicator present on the jet to judge this attempt. Fingers crossed ‘Gig in the Sky’ will reach the optimum height set down in the strict guidelines that have been put in place.

Jamiroquai said “No one has ever done a gig like this before! Rock and roll is all about pushing back the boundaries and Gig in the Sky certainly does that. With this event, Sony Ericsson is taking the music experience to a whole new level.�

This huge campaign is to continue the success of Sony Ericsson’s launch of the newest range of Walkman® handsets, including the W710, W850 and W950. The five year-old joint venture is the leader in music mobile handsets, selling over 15 million Walkman phones worldwide since their launch in August 2005, and now the 4th largest handset manufacturer globally.

Featuring over four gigabytes of memory (enough for up to 4000 tracks), the newest model W950 Walkman phone allows consumers to carry, play and share their digital music on the move. Sony Ericsson has created a whole music ecosystem, ranging from unique applications such as TrackID, a free music recognition service, to branded headsets and accessories that can support the music quality that the Walkman® handset offers and are the ideal way to listen to music on the move.

Walkman® is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation

Ends

Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications serves the global communications market with innovative and feature-rich mobile phones, accessories and PC-cards. Established as a joint venture by Sony and Ericsson in 2001, with global corporate functions located in London, the company employs approximately 7,000 people worldwide, including R&D sites in Europe, Japan, China and America. Sony Ericsson celebrated the 5th anniversary of the start of the joint venture on 1st October, 2006.

Sony Ericsson is the global title sponsor of the Women's Tennis Association, and works with the Association to promote the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour in over 80 cities during the year. For more information on Sony Ericsson, please visit www.SonyEricsson.com
JamUser98

Next

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat