Home
Jamiroquai

JMQ & INTEL - EXCLUSIVE GIG/COMPETITION

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

JMQ & INTEL - EXCLUSIVE GIG/COMPETITION

Postby samantha1170 on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:25 am

Hi everyone, I found this today at Funkin.com...

Columbia records (UK) have sent a message to their mailing list which includes an announcement that Jamiroquai and Intel are doing some joint promotion - including an in-store appearance and exclusive gig. The information in the email is as follows:

Intel Exclusive Gig Competition

Jay Kay will be making a number of personal appearances around London in the coming months to promote desktops and laptops powered by Intel® Core™2 Duo Processors with PC World. He is due to make an in-store appearance in November and there will be the opportunity to win tickets to an exclusive gig. Full details are not yet available but to find out about Intel® Core™2 Duo processors please click here and for details about the promotion check out the website.

It is not known if the exclusive gig is the same gig that tickets can be won for in a promotion by UK clothing store USC. Details on the USC competitiona re as follows...

According to an email sent to members of a mailing list for UK clothing supplier USC, Jamiroquai will be performing a gig at the Islington Academy in London on 16 November. A competition is being run by USC to win tickets to the gig as well as winning a "replica Jay Kay hat".

Thanks to: http://funkin.com

SMAANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Sandriche on Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:47 am

thanks for the info!
people take your chance and good luck!
Sandriche

Postby Knjaz Milos on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:09 pm

THAT explains the Space Cowboy-esque advertisement for the same product. :shock: Good find!
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby samantha1170 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:57 am

Here's more info from Funkin.com

Jay Kay in-store personal appearance on Saturday | 17.11.2006

Jay Kay will be making a personal appearance at PC World, Tottenham Court Road, London this Saturday, the 18th November, from 11am to kick off a promotional partnership with Intel and PC World.

To help promote Intel® Core™2 Duo processors there will be in-store and online opportunities to win tickets to an exclusive, intimate Jamiroquai gig, a motor sport experience with Jay Kay and even an opportunity to meet him for a personal makeover at a Hugo Boss store.

To find out more, and to get a glimpse of the man himself, visit the PC World store this Saturday.

Source: Jamiroquai.com

Thanks to: Funkin.com

HUGE GOOD LUCK to everyone who is able to get down there to meet them :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby samantha1170 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:30 am

Here are some photos of Jay and the boys from the Intel Promotion...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Enjoy :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby samantha1170 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:40 am

Here are some more photos...

Image Image Image Image

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby samantha1170 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:46 pm

Here's some more information about competitions with Intel/JMQ...

Intel/PC World promotion and competition details | 19.11.2006

On Saturday (18 November) Jamiroquai were at the PC World store in London's Tottenham Court Road to promote the "Multiply Your Jamiroquai" association between the band, Intel and PC World.

More information about the promotion, including details of the fantastic prizes on offer in an exclusive competition (a Hugo Boss makeover, a motorsport experience with Jay, and tickets to an exclusive gig) are available on the PC World Website, and also at jamiroquai.intel.com

Source: Jamiroquai.com

David @ Funkin also added this comment as well...

"Reading the terms of the competition, there are 120 pairs of tickets to be won, and the gig will last 45 minutes and be in central London. The competition closes on 1 February 2007 (so the gig must be some time after that) and is only open to UK residents aged 18 and over."

Source: Funkin.com

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby neetek on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:48 am

Great pics, really cool!
But i wanna know what are the cds Jay hold in hand?
One seems Runaway (but the cover's different, may be extended version).

So, if i want that cover i'll must buy this other single version? wow..

Greetin' to You!
neetek
Supersonic

Postby MRL33B on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:39 am

Ive entered the competition, so fingers crossed. :D

Although I am a little confused as JMQ said they were taking a break, well Jay did at least.
MRL33B

Postby emiliefromparis on Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:40 pm

it was really cool, i went there and it was quite strange to meet them in this kind of place...
really cool,
to answer question abov, the other cd is a promotional one with intel, it's the videos of cosmic girl, emergency on planet earth, virtual insanity and a quick video of jamiroquai on tour.
The other part of this cd is audio, tracks from albums before.
And the single runaway was offered too.
emiliefromparis

Postby samantha1170 on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:23 pm

Wow - you were there - that's great - would love to see some photos if you took some :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby JamiroBrazilian Girl on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:41 pm

uoooooooooow what the f** face of sleep!!!
poor jk....
JamiroBrazilian Girl

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:11 am

Here's some more photos...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby FunkY MambA on Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:30 am

hi,

i arrived to london today, i was to pc world

why these fuckin copyright..

it's better now... ok i get out :arrow:

before, my pics without copyright, cheers friends!

FunkY MambA

Postby samantha1170 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:43 am

Wow - great photos - thanks for sharing - hope the boys were nice to you :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby samantha1170 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:24 pm

YAY - I actually found myself on the video that was on the Multiquai CD that was given away at the Intel promotion - they showed a short part from the Melbourne concert from November 2005 and I spotted myself in the video. In the footage I was taking a photo and then I started waving at the band lol - I'm in an apricot top with a big Australian tophat on - here's a screenshot of the part with me in it - I've circled myself...

I'm so excited!!!!!!

SAMANTHA

PS: I actually had front row tickets from the show, but when I got there they had a Vodafone VIP area AHEAD of the paying ticket holders so I ended up behind about 6 rows behind as they had a barrier between the seated people and the VIP area - grrr!!!!!!
samantha1170

Postby euges on Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:55 pm

That's great Samantha!!

I also spoted myself at the video, almost at the end, at the Mexico concert, but it's too dark. I loved that video from Multiquai. :D
I'm excited too.
euges
Supersonic

Postby Sonja on Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:11 pm

Hahahaha I can´t stop laughing, the pictures are looking like birthday pics LOL. And who is making the Covers? Oh dear it looks like the game from my daughter "Mandala drawing for kids" And the copyright? On every pic you can find them, they will save them, not that we can make a poster for the wall lol ;) you know a poster 5x5 meter. I was making an airbrush from Jay and after some weeks I had a surchmachine on my website, it looks after pics from celebs and if the painting is the same like the pic so you get a letter from a lawyer, what kind of world for the artists! Andy Warhol can be lucky that he is not alive, he would not earn any money because of those hunters. PEACE!
Sonja
Supersonic

Postby Sandriche on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:06 pm

that´s cool samantha!!!
if i also will be on any dvd in future :lol:
Sandriche

Postby samantha1170 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:25 am

I also found this competition for the 'secret' Intel gig...

WIN JAMIROQUAI SECRET GIG TICKETS

Jamiroquai are going to be staging an exclusive secret gig on 7 March in London courtesy of Intel. The venue, along with the time that the gig will start, are top secret (shhh) and tickets are strictly by invite only.

We have seven pairs of tickets courtesy of our mates at Intel to see Jay Kay and co perform hits like Virtual Insanity, Canned Heat and Cosmic Girl.

To be in with a chance of seeing the cat in the hat in an intimate audience of under 500 people, simply answer the question above. Good luck!

Competition ends at 16:01 on Friday 02 March 2007

Source: http://www.fhm.com/site/winstuff/winstuff.aspx?ID=565

I can't find any other terms/condidions on the website, but GOOD LUCK to everyone who enters :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Re: JMQ & INTEL - EXCLUSIVE GIG/COMPETITION

Postby dargelita on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:33 am

samantha1170 wrote:Hi everyone, I found this today at Funkin.com...

Columbia records (UK) have sent a message to their mailing list which includes an announcement that Jamiroquai and Intel are doing some joint promotion - including an in-store appearance and exclusive gig. The information in the email is as follows:

Intel Exclusive Gig Competition

Jay Kay will be making a number of personal appearances around London in the coming months to promote desktops and laptops powered by Intel® Core™2 Duo Processors with PC World. He is due to make an in-store appearance in November and there will be the opportunity to win tickets to an exclusive gig. Full details are not yet available but to find out about Intel® Core™2 Duo processors please click here and for details about the promotion check out the website.

It is not known if the exclusive gig is the same gig that tickets can be won for in a promotion by UK clothing store USC. Details on the USC competitiona re as follows...

According to an email sent to members of a mailing list for UK clothing supplier USC, Jamiroquai will be performing a gig at the Islington Academy in London on 16 November. A competition is being run by USC to win tickets to the gig as well as winning a "replica Jay Kay hat".

Thanks to: http://funkin.com

SMAANTHA

my uncle works for Intel. :? :)
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Black_Crow_88 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:54 am

The Terms and Conditions are on the bottom of the page by which you can register to the site.
and they say that competitions are only for Uk residents and 18 years old and more..
Black_Crow_88
Mr Moon

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:22 am

Hi everyone, here's another article about the secret gig, saying it's going to be streamed by Capital FM :) ...

Jamiroquai set to play secret gig

Jamiroquai are set to follow up their mile-high gig with a secret concert in London.

Fronted by Jay Kay, the group will perform the Intel-sponsored show on March 7th, but the venue is being kept under wraps for the time being.

Although it is being streamed on London's Capital FM, fans of the group could also hear the concert in person if they manage to get their hands on the limited tickets available.

Invited guests will also be able to attend the secret affair, which promises to include "all the classic songs" such as Cosmic Girl and Virtual Insanity.

During the preceding week the band will play a concert of a different kind: 35,000 feet in the air onboard a Boeing 757.

Jay Kay has described the record-breaking attempt as "pushing back the boundaries" and taking music to a "whole new level".

The specially-modified plane will take off from Munich, Germany, on February 27th and will then land at a secret location elsewhere in Europe.

Since forming in 1992 Jamiroquai have sold more than 20 million albums worldwide.

Source: In The News

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Sandriche on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:13 pm

:wink:
Sandriche

Postby jinx on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:25 pm

Has anyone heard if they've won tikcets yet? Surely the announcments must be made soon?...coupla weeks notice would be nice. Fingers crossed eh!

Kisses xxx
jinx

Next

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat