Home
Jamiroquai

CAMPY DANCE VIDEOS - JMQ NO. 3

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

CAMPY DANCE VIDEOS - JMQ NO. 3

Postby samantha1170 on Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:29 am

Hi everyone, here's a JMQ article I found the other day...

Campy dance videos

There are certain artists -- like Missy Elliott or Justin Timberlake -- who put out videos knowing the public expects to see the finest choreography around. Then there are other artists who occasionally catch the viewing public off guard with their surprisingly well-crafted, campy dance numbers. Here are a few of the wackiest and most unexpected:

1) "Weapon of Choice"
-- Fatboy Slim: This video took the ever-wacky Christopher Walken and displayed his classically trained, Broadway-dancing skills to the world.

2) "It's Oh So Quiet" -- Bjork: Between dancing in a tire shop, dancing with mailboxes and dancing in the street with umbrellas and khakis, this video is part Gap commercial, part acid trip.

3) "Virtual Insanity" -- Jamiroquai: The whole floor moves like a treadmill, so Jason Kay got to invent new moves while fighting to stay standing.

4) "A Million Ways" -- OK Go: Say what you will about their looks -- these four rock geeks have synchronized moves that would make any boy band jealous.

5) "True Faith" -- New Order: The video begins with two men in Styrofoam tubing, bitch-slapping each other to the beat. What more could I ask for?

Source: http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A117899

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby zaratino on Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:40 am

so glad that jamiroquai are on this list...with fat boy slim and bjork!!!

i think i would choose the same!!! :)

tnx samantha!!
zaratino
Space Cowboy

Postby mr.aZ on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:51 pm

im glad to see this list 8)
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Before his time

Postby Frankie Diva on Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:23 am

It may be campy but this past year a band from Chicago choregraphed a routine on treadmills and got invited to the MTV Music Awards because of it. They even mentioned that Virtual Insanity inspired them.
Frankie Diva

Postby sarah-5 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:40 am

Frankie Diva wrote:It may be campy but this past year a band from Chicago choregraphed a routine on treadmills and got invited to the MTV Music Awards because of it. They even mentioned that Virtual Insanity inspired them.

I suppose you mean this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NINJQ5LRh-0

It's pretty cute! :lol:
sarah-5
Mr Moon

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat