Home
Jamiroquai

Album Deal Question

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Album Deal Question

Postby gezellig on Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:52 pm

Hi

How come he signed an 8 album deal with Sony and yet is about to wrap this up with his Greatest Hits collection which is only his 7th CD? Just wondering like.

Also, I'm well looking forward to the first album with a new label as he says he'll be able to do exactly what he wants and not chop songs down etc. When will this likey be?

Cheers
G~
gezellig

Postby FunkEducation on Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:12 pm

hey man i think you're not up to date rite now...
the 8 album deal with Sony ends with the Greatest Hits, recalling that "Live In Verona" was the 6th official release of the deal, "Dynamite" the 7th, and the "Greatest Hits" the 8th.

And, the new Jamiroquai (i mean new because of the band musician changes, and the new label) is gonna record new stuff when the Greatest Hits Tour is over. That will be probably for 2007! And yes, Jay said he's gonna regroup, and he's gonna use a 3 or 5 brass section, and his lovely Backing Vocals ¬¬....
he said he wants to sound like they used to do on the early years... and then, the first Columbia album will come!

if i'm wrong in something, just let me know!
FunkEducation

Postby Janluka on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:19 pm

..FunkEducation, but i knew that Columbia is a Sony Group label.. so, i don't think the next Jamiroquai album will be printed with that logo..
Janluka
Supersonic

Postby FunkEducation on Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:25 am

Janluka wrote:..FunkEducation, but i knew that Columbia is a Sony Group label.. so, i don't think the next Jamiroquai album will be printed with that logo..

yes mate... but the Sony/Columbia thing is the same as Ford/Mazda... Ford is the (if i can call it like that) the owner of Mazda... and as i've seen, Mazda is a different group that makes their cars their own... so, it's the same with Sony and Columbia...

Columbia is from the Sony Record Label group, but they have other directives and other people... so that's why Jay Kay is so happy because he can make whatever he wants... if it was the same as Sony... he wouldn't be doing anything...

does that makes sense?
FunkEducation

Postby freaky on Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:24 pm

to say it rudely..same bitch different dress
freaky
Mr Moon

Postby FunkEducation on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:05 pm

freaky wrote:to say it rudely..same bitch different dress

in part that's true... but the bitches of Columbia are offering better options than the ones sony gave to Jamiro... so..........
FunkEducation

Postby gezellig on Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:56 pm

Cheers fellas. So the Live DVD counted. Tidy. Gets us to hear some 10 minute epics once again sooner than I thought. Happy days...
gezellig

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat