Home
Jamiroquai

Comment about Jamiroquai on MySpace

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Comment about Jamiroquai on MySpace

Postby smashlips on Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:12 pm

(Maybe this should go in the general chat area, Mods? I'm new here...)

Now, I'm a huge Jamiroquai fan (and I'm certainly a fan of the double clap in Little L), but is it just me, or is the following comment left on JMQ's MySpace profile page absolutely hilarious?

"the dopest shiz you ever did, was the double clap in little l

'clap clap...i can never tell...'"

It was posted by "Mibitu Records," and their MySpace profile is basically an ad for the indie label of the same name, so I have this feeling that when they leave a comment on an internationally-known band's MS page (a band that has close to 38,000 MS friends, no less), they're really just trying to market themselves, especially considering that the following can be found on Mibitu Records's own MS page:

"Mibitu Records works WITH artists and labels to get the music out there." Tired of politics and and other hindering factors in the music biz, Mibitu just wants to get music out there, into the hands of you and them, and maybe even other people. So we spend mad cash planting seeds. We released our first 12inch vinyl and serviced almost every urban spinning DJ in Canada with it. Turned out to be a gem, as Cory Lee's 'The Naughty Song' was nominated for a Juno award, and P-Man's 'Rappers with Money' is now starting to set dance floors on fire. We're releasing a compilation of our artists in March, that spans from folk, to rap, to ROCK n mutha f**kin ROLL, to house, to electro, to westcoast p*rno funk, to god knows what. Look for the Mibitu Records CD in stores near you in the near future, it's gonna be the top canadian comp in 2006, i swear, top selling, most downloaded, and listened to. We are that good, no sh*t." ["Censorship" mine.]

Nothin' wrong with networking, but IMO, knowing the above info just makes their "double clap" comment that much funnier...

But then again, I could just be a weirdo. :lol:

Edit: Oh, I forgot to point out that their comment even RHYMES! There you have it, folks. Does it GET any better? :D
smashlips

Postby ivy on Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:50 pm

are U sure you're not affiliated with mibitu records.."smashlips"? :? :wink:
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby smashlips on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:19 pm

Before I even starting typing my original post I knew I was gonna have that one coming to me :lol:

No, I don't have anything to do with that label. I mean, c'mon, one of their MS "friends" they're somehow in business with is somebody calling himself "Fidel Ca$hflow." Hahahaha. I don't know if he's one of their artists or what..

This thread is so stupid it'll probably get deleted, lol.

But really, if you look me up on MS (I'm smashlips on there too), you'll find that I'm just a girl who....wears silly outfits....? :D
smashlips

Postby PocketFullOfRainbows on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:26 am

:lol:
PocketFullOfRainbows
Mr Moon

Postby ivy on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:36 am

smashlips wrote:Before I even starting typing my original post I knew I was gonna have that one coming to me :lol:

No, I don't have anything to do with that label. I mean, c'mon, one of their MS "friends" they're somehow in business with is somebody calling himself "Fidel Ca$hflow." Hahahaha. I don't know if he's one of their artists or what..

This thread is so stupid it'll probably get deleted, lol.

But really, if you look me up on MS (I'm smashlips on there too), you'll find that I'm just a girl who....wears silly outfits....? :D

i believe you :lol: you have absolutley no connection to "fidel cashflow" and you're a crossdresser :wink: lol you just seemd a lil suspicious to me...

on the "clap clap" thing.... :lol: thats marketing via myspace skillz at its best.
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby smashlips on Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:22 am

Uhhh, I really AM female! Funny you should say "crossdresser" because I've had people come up to me in real life a few times, asking me if I'm a boy! Only in Kentucky though... While I was living in NYC I never once got that question. Actually, most of the guys I ended up dating first met me when I was dressed that way :)

Oh God, I just thought of the perfect word to describe my sense of humor: OBTUSE! :lol:
Last edited by smashlips on Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
smashlips

Postby ivy on Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:29 am

i know :lol: ...i meant female to male crossdressing ....really rare...with fake mustaches and all.. (which I know you're not! from seeing your ms pic ) you are really a "girl who wears silly outifts" ..neways welcome to jpp.. :)
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby sarah-5 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:09 pm

"the dopest shiz you ever did, was the double clap in little l

'clap clap...i can never tell...'"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sarah-5
Mr Moon

not a marketing ploy

Postby johnnymcjohn on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:25 pm

there's an old saying

never assume

cuz it makes an ass out of u and me

if you look at Jamiroquai's top 8, you will see Mibitu Recording artist JT James (as the habitual line stepper)

i suggest you drop this habitual line stepper a comment/message on myspace, and see what he has to say about Mibitu Records, or the owner.

word to step mamma
johnnymcjohn

Re: not a marketing ploy

Postby King Snake on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:54 am

johnnymcjohn wrote:
word to step mamma

now that's good english
what the f**k does that mean?
King Snake
Supersonic

Postby ivy on Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:55 am

hey did anyone see the new layout (purple buffman?) and merchandise stuff at the top?? i like it.
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby FunkEducation on Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:33 pm

ivy wrote:hey did anyone see the new layout (purple buffman?) and merchandise stuff at the top?? i like it.

yeh, looks better than the "dynamite" stuff it was before there
FunkEducation

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat