Home
Jamiroquai

Updates from the bandmembers

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Updates from the bandmembers

Postby Sandriche on Sun May 14, 2006 1:32 pm

Jamiroquai hit MySpace
Friday 12 May 2006, 16:08 (BST)
A number of Jamiroquai's bandmembers have recently setup sites on community networking site MySpace.com. Check out the pages for Derrick McKenzie, Matt Johnson and Rob Harris.

Derrick McKenzie has been doing some work recently with an artist called Sophie Delila and also a French singer where he's recorded some drum tracks for her upcoming album. Stay tuned onto his MySpace page for updates and music samples.

Matt Johnson reveals on his page that he's currently working on an album with Rob (Harris) and Paul (Turner) from the Jamiroquai. He also promises to keep us informed on the upcoming tour's progress via his blog on the site.

Here's the URL's to their different pages at MySpace where you'll find lots of music to listen to that they've written/recorded or are currently working on - highly recommended

(funkin.com)

Derrick - http://www.myspace.com/derrickmckenzie
Matt - http://www.myspace.com/mattjohnson1
Rob - http://www.myspace.com/robharrisgtr

please check out the new tunes...oh i love them :D especially "just let it happen"
Sandriche

Postby mr.aZ on Sun May 14, 2006 4:19 pm

cool thanks for the links
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby Gilberquai on Sun May 14, 2006 4:55 pm

Cool I'll add them to MySpace 8)

Thnx Sandra...
Gilberquai
Mr Moon

Postby duki on Sun May 14, 2006 7:36 pm

Thanks, Sandriche! :D Cannot wait to see what are they up to!
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Sandriche on Mon May 29, 2006 3:34 pm

Hey everybody how you all doing out there!!!!! The band has just come back from a great gig in Portugal where we played at the rock in rio festival. It was fantastic, the weather was great and the the location was also good for the gig.

We arrived on thursday afternoon and had a couple of hours to chill out and then off to a soundcheck and get all of our gear prepared for the next day. But needless to say our engineers had a nightmare with the mixing desk, and basically had to start all over again setting it all back up from scratch more or less (poor them i was thinking). Anyway our two hour souncheck got dwindlied down to about 30 minutes or so but us porfessionals got through it, so all went well for the souncheck in the end. Afterwards it was back to the hotel where we had time to chill and take the evening off and hang out have some nice dinner and meet friends etc etc. then off to bed for the gig the next day.

Friday morning i am up early and go to the gym and have a good old workout so i can wake up and get myself into the mood. We all have the majority of the day chilling till about 6.30pm and head to the venue get a bite to eat and then before you know it it's time to hit the stage and entertain the 80,000 people who are there. We had a great show the crowd seemed to appreciate it and get into it also!!!!!

thx derrick :D
Sandriche

Postby Sandriche on Mon May 29, 2006 3:53 pm

this is from sola... :D

March 25th - Rio De Janiero

Went to the Copa Cobana beach with the boys and ate seafood: grilled fish, rice, fruit cocktails - OFF THE HOOK!
Before we knew what was happening we were targeted by a mobile SAMBA hit squad - drummers - SURDU, PANDIERO –-and a guitarist with the most frighteningly gorgeous Brazilian carnival style dancer.

She hit on me and dragged me up to dance with her to the drumming and boy did she ever get a shock when she realized that I wasn’t afraid to Samba and I could meet her pace for pace, groove for groove - she was coming back for more - it was a riot - restaurant melt down!

check their msn - spaces :wink:
Sandriche

Postby cbearpeace on Mon May 29, 2006 3:54 pm

:wink: 8) thanx SANDRICh for the posting from Derrick
and thanx derrick for finding the time to tell
us about ya rio gig
wishing all love peace n happiness on ya funky paths
cbear :wink: 8)
cbearpeace
Supersonic

Postby duki on Tue May 30, 2006 10:26 pm

hahahaha Sola is great! Gotta find him on Myspace.
Rob, Matt and Derrick let me add them as friends. That is so nice of them. Matt even sent a comment on my page.
They are so nice.
Last edited by duki on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby jamirocat on Wed May 31, 2006 8:03 pm

Great story! Would love to see that!
jamirocat
Supersonic

Postby funkmomma617 on Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:22 pm

Oh thats cool! I'm on myspace, and am always looking for some music to change up my page[url]www.myspace.com/queenofdarksirens[url][/url]
funkmomma617

Postby FunkEducation on Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:24 pm

funkmomma617 wrote:Oh thats cool! I'm on myspace, and am always looking for some music to change up my page[url]www.myspace.com/queenofdarksirens

hey matey that's so cool but there's already a forum about MySpace! Feel free to post your space there! Thanks :)
FunkEducation

Postby Sandriche on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:11 pm

Here is an update from Jamiroquai drummer Derrick McKenzie written yesterday (Friday) afternoon...

Well mate and all you lovely people out there we have still been in the studio and working on the new tracks, another track was done this week and it's a great tune, we are all really happy with the result so far. Sadly we had to lose our engineer this week as he had personal commitments, but we managed to find another engineer programmer who started with us yesterday, his name is Simon Changer - he has settled in really well and is just carrying on from where Richard left off.

The days have been fantastic so recording and working out of Chillington have been really good. Admittedly a couple of the guys in the band have been plagued with tiredness and flu, Matt and Rob the poor guys have had to finish really late drive home for hours on end and then get up early to come back to the studio. But all the same they love it!!!!!!!!!!

Over the weekend me might be working but with the football on who knows, I know Sola and Paul are major football fans and we might be able to pull them away from the TV to do a couple of takes in the studio!!!! ha ha ha. Next week we travel to Russia and we are looking forward as we have never been there before as a band, so we are all looking forward to it very much!!!! We know we have a big following over there so it will great to see and Russia and play live after so many years.

Anyway we are all enjoying our time on the road so far and look forward to fans and our regular front rowers over the next couple of months.

We love you guys and we thank you for visiting the funkin site and our MySpace pages also this is really appreciated.

So you all take care for now.

Much love to you all!!!!!!!!

Derrick

(funkin.com)
Sandriche

Postby wild love on Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:29 am

Thanx for the news Sandriche :wink:
wild love
Supersonic

Postby Sandriche on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:55 pm

LATEST MESSAGE FROM ROB :D Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm sat in a studio in South London today waiting to play on a track for producer Mike Spencer.The artist is called Uncle Jam.Matt and i have been called to play on the same session and he's is in the next room right now putting down some Hammond organ parts.Sounds great so far.I'm just waiting to do my parts.
It feels a little strange to be working in a studio together with Matt and Mike (Dynamite producer)together again without it being Jamiroquai tracks.

We played the North Sea Jazz Festival last night in Rotterdam.Onstage at 6.30pm ,1 and 1/2 hour set,offstage straight into a car to the airport,45 minute flight,arrived back in th UK at 9.45 and i was home by 10.30pm.VERY STRANGE.
Matt and i flew back with Jay on the jet and everyone else stayed to watch the other performers.To be honest,although i was happy to be home with my family i was a bit sad that i missed some of the other gigs.One of my hero's performed the same stage as we did,Jeff Beck.I missed him him ,damn .He's a fantastic,innovative,incredible guitarist who also had a killer band with him.We also missed George Duke and Stanley Clarke,Jamie Liddel. Oh well,maybe next time.
Next weekend we play London,looking forward to that one.
seeya
Sandriche

Postby Sandriche on Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:36 am

Rob Harris Thursday, August 03, 2006

anyone fancy a swim

arrived in Madeira on sunday after a good show in the beautiful Azores.What an amazing island.So green,it's very similar to New Zealand.Matt ,Sola and i rented some scooters and made our way from one end of the island to the other to visit the hot springs.That was a fine day.
Today will be day 4 of sitting by the pool in Madeira and i'm beginning to fell restless.Our next gig is on saturday,two days away.Two more days of sunbathing,swimming,reading and sleeping.Oh yeah ,i forgot about the eating.Just found a sushi place round the corner so i'll be invading that later today.

right,i'd better get back to the pool

hehehe..we all need holidays :D
Sandriche

Postby Sandriche on Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:28 pm

Rob at myspace

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

downtime
Current mood: content

Hi all.It's been some time since i left a message here.I have done that thing of getting halfway through a blog and then something happened like the phone went or the door bell rang and i've ended up discarding it all.
Well ,we're home off tour ,have been for a few weeks now and i must say its been great spending some time at home relaxing.Some of you may know that myself and the other guys in the band did a little low key gig last week so there was a little preparation for that, learning tunes and practicing.The gig was huge fun,we played in a bar that i used too play years ago in Cambridge.Lots of my friends turned up amongst quite a few others and we just played a few of our favourite tunes.No pressure,just pure self indulgent music lol.Maybe we'll do some more during Jam downtime.
I've also been doing a few sessions for some other artists from my home studio and have just done a few days rehearsal with Winston Rollin's band REAL for some shows he has this week in London.
So although i am having a break i'm kind of not also lol.
Matt ,Paull and i are hoping to push forward on the album we've been doing, hopefully getting it finished soon.I met a singer that we're hoping will get involved with one of the tracks.It's all looking and sounding good so far.

Right,time for dinner.

bye all
Sandriche

Postby duki on Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:04 pm

Thanks, Sandriche! Great post! Ah, Cambridge, brings back beautiful memories. Namely, when I was 13 years old, my Dad had to do a doctorate there, so he took us all with him. We leaved there for 7 months, my elder bro and I went to an English school.
duki
Space Cowboy

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat