Home
Jamiroquai

do you 'hear' the message in the music?

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

do you 'hear' the message in the music?

Postby gypsysister on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:50 am

G'day from Australia..
Just wanted to share some thoughts with some like minded spirits who can 'hear' the messages in the music......

Ever been in spaces and places in your mind that are so dark and suffocating - feels like your soul is being ripped from you?
Ever been in spaces and places in your heart that are so light and free - feels like your soul is flying within you?

As humans born with consciousness and awareness of the world and its realities - we are 'extra' sensitive to what is going on. We can dip, we can fall to the pit of our fears, to the steel gate that holds us back from our imaginations.... and then in a matter of seconds we can transcend to the highs of our truth to where we can manifest the beauty within us....

The higher our highs, the lower our lows - but the most important thing to remember is the MAGIC in this power. All great healers, alchemists, leaders, prophets were aware of the yin yang polarities of the good times and bad times. They key to harnessing these two dualities and making way for MAGIC is to keep our eye and soul on the highest good for humanity - and time out in NATURE to NURTURE.

Blessings and Light to all who carry the beautiful messages in the music - may we all resonate in the same high, positive vibrations so we can all help each other through the tough times - through to the GOLDEN age.

It shall be.
And the revolution will be televised.

sinem
byron bay, australia
gypsysister

Postby ivy on Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:00 am

hi sinem! like ur message

i def believe jamiroquai has balance/duality in their music..... thats why they need to continue making music....they should be heard everywhere ! 8) :D
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby DJ Romeo on Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:19 am

Always hear the message when Quai Plays
DJ Romeo
Mr Moon

Postby udawn on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:24 pm

nice thoughts. The message in the music is the music itself.

I love it when jamiro gets me really high....
udawn
Mr Moon

Postby Little H on Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:07 pm

udawn wrote:I love it when jamiro gets me really high....

He's 'flying higher, higher than a Greek in space' flap away udawn !!!

So TWW for any of us !!! And it's nice to be here !!!

I have to share this with you - my Dad (without prompting) used these exact words to describe the Channel 4 broadcast of DU from B-Live he said: "It's got a good vibe to it"

. . . and as close to funky as he has ever got is Andy Williams - LOL !!!
Little H
Supersonic

Postby PocketFullOfRainbows on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:26 pm

Lovely message 8)
PocketFullOfRainbows
Mr Moon

Postby kenitafunk on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:32 am

so pretty :D
kenitafunk
Supersonic

Re: do you 'hear' the message in the music?

Postby Janluka on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:17 am

sinem wrote:And the revolution will be televised.

nice!!

but are u a gil scott-heron fan? :D

janluka
Janluka
Supersonic

Postby gypsysister on Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:10 am

gil scot heron fan for sure!
but i think stevie wonder would have to be an all time favourite, next to bob marley.... truth telling in music is my cuppa tea!

I have been reading up on and talking with a lot of people about how music has always been the ultimate communicator / messenger between cultures. Musicians/music is so important to culture and humanity. They are key role models in the value system of our world - do we have soul? or are we trashy and cheap? Taking Jamiroquai for example, the music crosses over so so so many language barriers - because the 'funk' is FELT - and that is why they are so popular - GLOBALLY. You can feel the message in the music even if you dont understand the lyrics - and of course, you can hear the message in the music if you can understand the lyrics.

From an ancient perspective, the didgeridoo here in Australia has a very similar effect. (musically) The vibration from the didgeridoo has the ability to shift ones mind and consciousness to amazing places - you can feel the power.

I give praise to musicians who help keep the vibration HIGH on earth. We need more quality and soulful soundwaves in our atmospheres to move us into the new ages.

big love from down under,
sinem
gypsysister

Postby PocketFullOfRainbows on Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:03 pm

sinem wrote: Taking Jamiroquai for example, the music crosses over so so so many language barriers - because the 'funk' is FELT - and that is why they are so popular - GLOBALLY. You can feel the message in the music even if you dont understand the lyrics - and of course, you can hear the message in the music if you can understand the lyrics.

Great way of putting it! Thats one thing I love about Jamiroquai and this forum - so many people from such different walks of life!
PocketFullOfRainbows
Mr Moon

Postby goldmember on Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:47 am

PocketFullOfRainbows wrote:
sinem wrote: Taking Jamiroquai for example, the music crosses over so so so many language barriers - because the 'funk' is FELT - and that is why they are so popular - GLOBALLY. You can feel the message in the music even if you dont understand the lyrics - and of course, you can hear the message in the music if you can understand the lyrics.

Great way of putting it! Thats one thing I love about Jamiroquai and this forum - so many people from such different walks of life!

Feel the same!!
goldmember
Space Cowboy

Postby goldmember on Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:49 am

sinem wrote:From an ancient perspective, the didgeridoo here in Australia has a very similar effect. (musically) The vibration from the didgeridoo has the ability to shift ones mind and consciousness to amazing places - you can feel the power.

sinem

I just love the sound of didgeridoo!!!!!!!
Ppl ask what's this sh**t?? They're not hear it.....
goldmember
Space Cowboy

Simply

Postby Mako on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:35 pm

Real Music...

Mako.
Mako

Postby Rainbow on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:24 pm

Hej Jay,

Sure I got the message, never doubt bout that, J :wink:

Many years gone and still the N-A`s didn't get out of L-A. :cry:

Wish you Good luck and all the best for the concert tonite. Enjoy your time there. :)

Rainbow
Rainbow

Postby gggolem on Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:10 am

I hear it, most definitely. But it's maybe not so strong as it was back in the old days. THE message I hear and consider the most important, is the thing about environment. I'm all about protecting nature, and being a vegan I think it's kind of crucial for Jamiroquai to have that kind of a message.

Of course there are lots of different kinds of messages in their music, like what they say about racism and how hating is the wrong thing to do.

I hope they will get back into their roots and start making more songs about how you can change the world, basically. But I guess they're already doing that so...
gggolem

Postby gypsysister on Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:30 am

Yes, it is important to note how influential musicians are - that their roles are not only about 'creating' - but also in this day and age - being role models, spokespeople, healers and leaders.

It seems our political leaders have different agendas in their power roles - they are diverting us from truth, suffocating our souls. So it is no wonder that musicians are more powerful now than ever to help educate the masses.

Music is the language of the soul - it crosses boundaries, it speaks all languages.... and so the revolution shall come within the music. It did in ancient times, and it will in the future.

Beautiful music is when the singer/songwriter/musicians wear their hearts on their sleeves..... no inhibitions, no boundaries, just truth.

Jamiroquai have successfully done this over the years. There is a lot of talk about Bono being such a social activist, and he is - outside of his music - but Bono/U2's music has never been so straight out in their music, they use metaphors. But Jamiroquai and J's songwriting have always been so to the point - no beating around the bush - just tell it how it is. There is courage and beauty in that.

I look forward to future albums....

sinem
gypsysister

Postby gypsysister on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:15 pm

i guess for me, besides the strong political messages about society's structures (ie. lies) war, environmental damage..
i have really appreciated and connected with the messages about spirit, the universe... indigenous rights...and KIDZ! (the next generation is where it is at!)
gypsysister

Postby mr.aZ on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:49 pm

gypsysister wrote:Yes, it is important to note how influential musicians are - that their roles are not only about 'creating' - but also in this day and age - being role models, spokespeople, healers and leaders.

It seems our political leaders have different agendas in their power roles - they are diverting us from truth, suffocating our souls. So it is no wonder that musicians are more powerful now than ever to help educate the masses.

Music is the language of the soul - it crosses boundaries, it speaks all languages.... and so the revolution shall come within the music. It did in ancient times, and it will in the future.

Beautiful music is when the singer/songwriter/musicians wear their hearts on their sleeves..... no inhibitions, no boundaries, just truth.

Jamiroquai have successfully done this over the years. There is a lot of talk about Bono being such a social activist, and he is - outside of his music - but Bono/U2's music has never been so straight out in their music, they use metaphors. But Jamiroquai and J's songwriting have always been so to the point - no beating around the bush - just tell it how it is. There is courage and beauty in that.

I look forward to future albums....

sinem

:D :wink:
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby gypsysister on Sat May 06, 2006 8:50 am

Working on a tiny island off the mainland of Arnhem Land, Australia at the moment. I have been coming here for years. I teach the Yolngu kids in the community school - but most of all - they teach me.

Today I was in music class, and I can honestly say I felt their spirit in their music - young kids, no older than 10 - 11 years old were picking up guitars, electric and acoustic, going mad on the drums - djembe and the kit and singing to their hearts content.

I wish we could all hear the music that comes out of these small communities - because the messages and spirit are so big.

I played to them some Jamiroquai songs from earlier albums (on CD of course, my musical talents are quite.. well, nonexistent! haha) - like When You Gonna Learn and they were so excited - especially the sound of the yidaki.

Some kids asked me about some of the lyrics in the music and I explained to them some of the messages, their eyes widened and so did their smiles.

Music brings us together, there is no doubt. May the music makers of the world, both young, old, experienced and ameteur.... keep it going. The vibration is what we need to take us through.

big love and spirit from arnhem land -
gypsysister
gypsysister

Postby PocketFullOfRainbows on Tue May 09, 2006 12:52 am

Thats beautiful, GypsySister! :)
PocketFullOfRainbows
Mr Moon

Postby gypsysister on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:29 pm

beautiful spirits...
i have 3 weeks left here in arnhem land (this time) and I cant tell you how 'filling' it has been to the void in my soul. Soon, I will return to the mainstream world - where the simplist things will be 'luxury' for me.

Throughout the traditional death and birth ceremonies I have witnessed and sometimes been part of, the wisdoms I have heard spoken by elder women while sitting under trees, the youthful fire and innocence I have seen penetrating out of children's eyes - no money, no material possession - no amount of anything man made will ever come close to this internal satisfaction I have come to.

And so - the yolngu people here continue with their journey to pass their wisdoms down through their music - the only reliable carrier of truth.

blessings and light from arnhem land
gypsysister
gypsysister

Postby dublin math on Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:45 am

gypsysister working up north sounds absolutely amazing! :D 8)
It is such a precious thing to be alive, and be living it properly! :D and it sounds beautiful the work that you are doing. I have had flashes of brilliance in the past and experienced complete freedom over social, sterile and commercial environments only to fall as you have said to equally extreme lows, in a way. Living in the big smoke and knowing that it is this environment which everyone else finds JUST as defeating is harrowing in its ways. The biggest problem i find is that we become so so skilled at NOT allowing ourselves to feel free. Western guilt leaves us meek and needing of anothers assurance...

trying to work it out in the thick of things

Ryan
dublin math
Supersonic

Postby gypsysister on Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:57 am

Thanks for sharing Ryan.
It truly is amazing how much guilt can cripple us! The 'physical' world is structured now to 'try' and immobilise us from our true path.. our natural evolution toward love. What we must not forget is that the force given power in assuming that the material world rules is totally false! We are misled into faulty observation, superficial reasoning that gives the physical world more power than spirituality. For me, I felt the greatest power of all when I realised that I was being 'tricked' and 'trapped' by this mind set.

Letting go of controlling situations, experiences and feelings has been a huge lesson - realising that free flowing through life brings to me the most amazing experiences and puts me on the path of where I need to be.

And I dont doubt that 'letting go' of the 'physical world' mind trips we put ourselves through also brings us to our true love, our soul mate, twin flame divine love -whatever the term you choose to use. There needs to be more marriages, partnerships in this world that resonate with the truth... so to bring forward the next generation of truthbearers...

The revolution is here.. we are living it... transforming our mind to a higher space!

big light from arnhem land
gypsysister

Postby wild love on Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:08 pm

hey GypsySister :D
Peace and Love :) :wink:
wild love
Supersonic

Postby gypsysister on Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:12 pm

winds of wild love to you!
our imaginations create the world we live in!
gypsysister

Next

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat