Home
Jamiroquai

I can't believe they played Jamiroquai

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Postby Funky Laura on Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:42 am

To: Sony/BMG Music Entertainment UK

This Petition is lodged towards Sony/BMG Music Entertainment UK to ask and request them to release expanded and remastered editions of Jamiroquai’s first 2 studio album releases around the world, with new booklet artwork, expanded lyrics in some cases have been manufactured wrong or obsolete, and better overall audio quality. The albums in question, 1993’s “Emergency On Planet Earth� & 1995’s “Return Of The Space Cowboy�, given their strength in lyrical prose concerning world issues and humanity, and the reinvention of the musical genre of Acid Jazz and fusing it with R&B, Funk and Disco, deserve a audio updating. Both albums were recorded during the infancy of digital music recording within the confounds of the studio, and given the large advances in this medium, deserve to be brought up to speed in audio quality using these new advances. So, we the undersigned fans of Jamiroquai worldwide, request that Sony/BMG strive to reliven the soul of Jamiroquai’s earlier recordings and give them new audio life that they really deserve. Thank you for your consideration and I hope this leads to a much happier and in some cases enhanced Jamiroquai music listening experience!

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

http://www.petitiononline.com/Jamiro/petition.html
Funky Laura
Supersonic

Postby myasia on Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:57 am

that's good, second post i've posted on and 2nd potition. You've posted well cosmicgirl :wink:
myasia
Space Cowboy

Postby JamUser21851 on Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:30 am

When I was walking through The Container Store today one of the songs from the store's playlist was "Virtual Insanity". What's going on? Before I would never hear Jamiroquai anywhere but now I've heard them 2x in one month :)
JamUser21851

Postby myasia on Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:51 am

that's cool wish it was me :)
myasia
Space Cowboy

Postby carlicia7 on Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:08 pm

Thats pretty cool jam user you were at the right place at :wink: the right time .
carlicia7
Supersonic

Postby JamUser21851 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:25 am

carlicia7 wrote:Thats pretty cool jam user you were at the right place at :wink: the right time .

I know, I was really happy to hear them both times. I almost started singing along. I'm sure you and myasia will also get your chance too :)
JamUser21851

Postby ivy on Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:57 am

im waiting for my chance...i heard some fans report hearing it in express, old navy, wal-mart...still haven't yet...oh wait..i know why now..nevermind im just stuck listening to some other retailers tracks
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby carlicia7 on Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:52 am

I heard Canned Heat in Walmart sometime ago it was awsome .

I want more .
carlicia7
Supersonic

trac phone

Postby carlicia7 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:11 am

hey i didnt know that trac phone had some jam ringtones call me slow but better late than never .........

so if you have trac phone like i do there's a tone for you .......

there's about six to choose from from .
carlicia7
Supersonic

Nothin like hearin Jami playin anywhere!!

Postby Main Vein on Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:41 am

Friends think im a little weird when i get so excited when i hear music bein played that i love, but who cares, they just dont get it, oh well!

One time in early October 2005 I heard Jamiroquai bein blasted from a club.. I was just walking in downtown Toronto whith a buddy gettin ready to hit the clubs.

I was like, holy sh*t, its Jamiroquai!!!! and its so rare to hear them, and this DJ was even playin a track from their first album!!!

It made my night!!!!!...and i forget what bar it was!! stupid me... but i do know it was across from Hooters, so that should help, lol :)
Main Vein

i must add though...

Postby Main Vein on Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:51 am

I'm livin in Toronto Cadada and i must add, although i was extremely excited to hear jamiroquai music pumpin outta that club and pourin funk onto the streets i do hear jamiroquai around here quit often..

they have played their tunes here a lot at the professional basketball team Toronto Raptors games.

I hear their stuff during shows similar to pimp my ride and television music shows. they play their tunes in the background a lot. much music is the MTV of Canada.

and they even show clips of jamie vids and they play clips of FJLIS durin an add for another channel here called much more music.

there music is definately played here, still not enough, and the vids are not played nearly enough even though the show up in music video channel ads, weird.. Jami is still much loved here,

I loved every second of the show when i saw them here in Toronto last october!!!!!
Main Vein

Postby carlicia7 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:45 am

8) That's so cool ..............you made my nite i am going to Toronto this summer i must know the name of the clubs 8)

:roll: across from hooters is that downtown ?
carlicia7
Supersonic

Postby udawn on Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:50 am

YOU ALL HAVE TO COME IN GREECE THIS SUMMER!!!!!

Clubbing here (especially in summer in the Greek islands) is Fantastic. Of course there are some good and some Bad clubs, but there is always a choice.

Clubs here dont play often jamiro (70% of the clubs here play the usual stuff and many greek tunes - which i hate them....), but there are some GOOD clubs, in the center of ATHENS ("PLAKA") which play some really nice DISCO FUNK TUNES!!

Clubs in greece open 00:00 and close in the morning......

Well in the islands there is no limit, in Myconos for instance, the party keeps going on and on 24 hours a day....

This is the "good side" of the story. There is always a "bad" one, especially when you have to deal with Greeks and Greek (new pop) tunes.......
udawn
Mr Moon

Postby Willo-#1 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:26 pm

I bet the DJ was pleased 8)
Willo-#1

Postby carlicia7 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:31 am

Udawn the parting you describe sound like my kind of fun..

24 hrs :shock: im going to the wrong place
carlicia7
Supersonic

Postby carlicia7 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:21 am

8) Hey everyone i hate to keep bring up old news but i must...

:lol: I was at a hotel i repeat at hotel called the W in LA last week and guess WHAT they were playing JAMIROQUAI in their lounge and at their check - in how cool could that have been hey.

My friend looked at me and said hey isnt that your group i was like you know it..........

I told her "now i feel at home"............

:wink:

8)
carlicia7
Supersonic

Postby okama no kama tsukai on Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:01 pm

in the woolworths where i work (kinda like walmart, bit smaller... the big w chains are more similar), they have a long tape that plays, rather than having a radio, lest a add comes on that endorses a rival company. so they choose the songs that play...
it's a whole mix of stuff... i can usually get through most of it, and block out the really bad stuff. but recently, they updated the track list, so usually every night i hear a jamiroquai track. they have cosmic girl, little l, and dynamite...
i have to restrain myself from breaking into dance whenever they come on... i usually make do by mouthing along with the lyrics...
okama no kama tsukai
Supersonic

Postby ivy on Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:20 pm

:lol: hot.....breaking into dance.....i recently had a dream where I saw the little l video on the screen at a movie theatre and i just broke out dancing.....unfortunatley i was the only one basking in jamiroquai goodness, i got a really negative reaction from the crowd :lol: i know kinda offtopic
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby sarah-5 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:54 am

Yesterday, for the first time in my life or at least in a veeeery long time, I heard Jamiroquai in a shop. They were playing Time Won't Wait in a regular clothes shop in Edinburgh :shock: :D. I had to check if I was listening to my mp3-player, but no, it was for real! :D :D
sarah-5
Mr Moon

Postby PocketFullOfRainbows on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:10 am

:D Tiiiime won't waiiiiit for youuuuu
PocketFullOfRainbows
Mr Moon

Postby ivy on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:37 am

feels just like it should on mtv's making the band 3 ,4th episode 8) for at least 6 seconds
:shock:
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby carlicia7 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:07 am

Hey everyone they played Canned Heat on .......

"SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE"

Pretty sweet hey..........

:P
carlicia7
Supersonic

Postby okama no kama tsukai on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:52 am

at work yesterday, they added another jamioquai song to the list...

corner of the earth

hmm.. interesting. couldn't help but sing along under my breath
okama no kama tsukai
Supersonic

Postby carlicia7 on Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:38 am

way cute O ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ivy wrote::lol: hot.....breaking into dance.....i recently had a dream where I saw the little l video on the screen at a movie theatre and i just broke out dancing.....unfortunatley i was the only one basking in jamiroquai goodness, i got a really negative reaction from the crowd :lol: i know kinda offtopic

funny they still were playing jamiroquai..........dream and.......dance on .
carlicia7
Supersonic

Postby zaratino on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:09 pm

usually i never eat at mcdonald's, but yesterday i was passing by and i went in to by an icecream...and while i was waiting i heard two songs of Jamiroquai...i guess they were playing whole funk odyssey album!!! i was really surprised!
zaratino
Space Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat