Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai's Next Album 2014

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Re: Jamiroquai's Next Album 2014

Postby CosmicLea on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Hello Jolliefille and Giba7! Just had to tell you I agree that a collaboration with Pharrell would be the best thing for Jamiroquai! And guess what? Pharrell already wants to do it!! http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/feb/12/elton-john-pharrell-williams-collaboration
I saw a slightly different article a few weeks ago through Twitter, that was tweeted to Rob Harris, I can't find it though :( It was a better article, because Pharrell said something along the lines of being a big fan of Jamiroquai and that he would love to collaborate with them!! Do it, do it , do it Jamiroquai!! :D

Glad to see you here Joliefille - welcome! Sorry it is so quiet here :(
I spend more time on Twitter now (as Giba7 knows) since it is more fast paced! And Paul Turner replied to a tweet of mine during the week which is always a thrill! Find me there if you are on twitter! :D
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi Leanne
I think Jami fans are trying to compare Pharrell to JK with the hats & Ferraris- :lol:
usually for albums they don't collaborate with other artists, so this would be something new for Jami!

and yes Shuffler's new album should be out in March and I will buy it! (let me know when)
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:15 pm

@CosmicLea - wow - cool. thanks for the info.

Yes, I think if Jamiroquai wants to get back out there or break the US again, a collab with Pharrell (or I love how Jay Z says "I call him ForReal because he is the truth;-) would be a musical treat universally.

They both have universal appeal. And they both seem enlightened and mentally on another higher plane - and in tune with the universe. I just get that vibe from the music.

I love Jay's collab with Beverly Knight on Main Vein - the girl can just blow; beautiful, powerful voice. Years before I really even wondered or cared who Jamiroquai was - I would play the last few minutes of the song over and over just for the part when she comes on and Jay is singing over "I was born in 69 . . . flying high like a pig in space etc etc. - his music makes me smile/chuckle always.)

PS Never in a million years would I have thought on be on a fan forum. I am a speedfreak so Twitter perhaps would be better. But the forum (although geez ------- -------, it is dead as ---------- - insert curse words - hahahaha!) works because I think it is always good to get away, work, travel because I can get caught up in music and there's a beautiful sunny day out and other stuff to focus on. And at least here, it is easy to catch up because not much has happened. LOL :-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:34 pm

@Giba7 - who is Shuffler? And what kind of music is it?

Yeah I hate when artists are compared/lumped together because most - the good ones - are very unique. Eg, Jay sounds nothing like Stevie Wonder - nothing at all like them. They both have good voices but totally different. You could test me - I'd pass.

While at a salon the other day, a Jamiroquai song was playing that I never heard off the Synchronized album, which I do not own. Immediately, I knew it was Jay's voice and inquired and it was - I believe the song was "Where Do We Go From Here?" or something like that.

The whole Pharrell copying Jay is a bunch of crock. Jay's into classic cars - like an art collection it seems. Most guys like fast sleek cars, that's not uncommon. Hats - oh please, even I own a fedora or two along with some DOPE caps and others (and I am not a hat person). The Grammy hat was unique but not surprising or a huge deal given Pharrell's eclectic taste. The media just needs something to talk about - and these days its scraping the barrel.

Has anyone bought or heard the new album G I R L? I have heard mixed reviews.

Love his "I am Other" concept because that's how I feel. People always ask where am I from because they cannot put my look into a box (but always quite flattered when they guess Brazil). When it happened last night, I decided I need better responses - the universe, everywhere, supernova, space, Venus, Mars LOL - IDK just f------- Or what are you? I am f---- human leave me alone. haha! Who asks strangers these questions? The world today . . . .
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:25 am

joliefille wrote:@Giba7 - who is Shuffler? And what kind of music is it?

3 members of Jamiroquai -Rob, Paul, Derrick, and Daniel Pearce.
joliefille wrote:While at a salon the other day, a Jamiroquai song was playing that I never heard off the Synchronized album, which I do not own. Immediately, I knew it was Jay's voice and inquired and it was - I believe the song was "Where Do We Go From Here?" or something like that.

nope. don't believe you 8)

joliefille wrote: People always ask where am I from because they cannot put my look into a box

it's just small talk. people like to figure unique looks I guess. I ask those dumb questions! :lol:
I listened to "Girl" tune but got sidetracked. (or something)
but really, I didn't like "Happy" at first. Now I love it!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:55 am

@ Giba7 - good to hear from you - tho a little feisty bad mama jamma tonight or morning. I like that. You are a trip (in a good way.)

Of course, everyone is fast asleep so here I am.

re Shuffler - I guess I want to know what is their sound/genre/the vocals etc? Are they good?

re Synchronized and not knowing the song but recognizing Jay's voice - 100% truth. haha! I don't have time for BS - and that's why I like it here. but never know if you are goading me cuz I am an easy target for you especially on the late night after some cocktails and other stuff :-) I have three songs off Synchronized - 1. Canned Heat; 2. Falling and 3. Butterfly. You want pics of my IPhone music section - lol? Do you need witnesses :-) - the salon was on Rodeo in Bev Hills and they were using Pandora. I rather not reveal my beauty maintenance ( happy to tell you in a PM) but you are welcome to call the salon and the person dolling me up who confirmed that it was Jamiroquai and the title of the song (although after two champagnes I am not sure I am recalling the song title correctly.) I get your not believing me cuz my husband was even shocked there are Jami songs I never heard off but yes, I do not know them all. I actually learned more songs from you. But the song I heard yesterday - I truly never heard before. But I also had not heard of a lot of the great songs off EOPE until you recommended it. You recommended the Synchronized album but I haven't got around to it.

mmmm can't recall what else you brought up - it is late. Oh yeah, I am good at conversing with strangers etc etc but it get's a tad annoying when strangers constantly, randomly approach me and ask me crap like that when I am an American and in the US or the are you a model question. I get it a lot and I just want to be left alone. We are all such a hodgepodge of cultures, ethnicity - it is something I think is more appropriately and properly brought up later in a conversation; not the first thing you ask. Tonight a woman approached me to ask me about a plaid/kilt-like/school girl skirt I was wearing (and bought a million years ago) and that, I do not mind at all. Anything else, people should ease into conversation. Idk - it's like asking a guy - what do you do - straight away.

just my thoughts and trying to shed light on where I am coming from.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:34 am

Yes Shuffler are great! just waiting now!

Synchronized is a great Jamiroquai album. One of my favorites definitely.
still won't believe you heard the tune "Where do we go from here" on a public radio
:lol:

Pharrell is fine doing what he's doing. He's got his own unique stuff going on.
and he's so Happy!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Can someone please start a new thread about Jamiroquai's "alleged" new album to come out in 2015???

Thanks.
joliefille
Supersonic

Previous

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat