Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai - "A One Hit Wonder in the U.S?"

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

Jamiroquai - "A One Hit Wonder in the U.S?"

Postby ErinUSA on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Well, according to MSN Entertainment this morning...they are.

"Where are they now? The one hit wonders of yesterday."
http://t.entertainment.msn.com/video?vi ... f406b89c89

Could be one of the reasons we seem to be facing such an uphill battle in getting them to return here for a tour...or a festival...or just one dang show. I, for one, do not consider Jamiroquai to be a "One Hit Wonder" band. But apparently, "Virtual Insanity" is considered by the media here to be their only staple of success on our soil. It often baffles me how a stigma can be so easily placed.

At least they give them props for their continued production of music.

Still hoping and still fighting the good fight to get them back over here.
ErinUSA

Re: Jamiroquai - "A One Hit Wonder in the U.S?"

Postby joliefille on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:19 pm

yada yada yada
Last edited by joliefille on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Erin USA keep fighting the fight to get them here.

Oh for f---- sakes I have to say it even though I am from the US, Americans can be so ignorant and blinded by images, pr stunts, gimmicks, "celebrity" when it comes to culture.

"Where are they [Jamiroquai] now?" My reply (said in my b--------- tone): "Still making damn good music, performing LIVE without gimmicks and if whoever wrote such a dumb question actually did his/her research and was a true music journalist, he would know that Jamiroquai is not and will never be a one hit wonder."

Can we curse on this forum? :-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Welcome joliefille (pretty girl?)
I'm glad you've rediscovered Jamiroquai! The guy who wrote on "One hit Wonder" was just trying to hype up an article! Jamiroquai are legendary! You sound like a level-headed American. (It's the trend to dis-like Americans and lump us into one category -ppft)

As for the music, each era has some great music, and the perspective depends on your age. I loved the 70's music too! Marvin Gaye, Led Zeppelin, PFunk, & legendary Soul acts! But the media doesn't control what we listen to and love (not an argument ;) but the media has power by exposing music.

My goal is to expose my kids to good music (or what I like!) I found a great Soul/ R&B station, and play the cds I own in my car and house. They don't see their gender or skin color, but will know some fabulous music when they get older!

Jamiroquai just toured all around the world, with the exception of the US. They have reasons, whatever the reasons are. But they also have a whole catalog of music to be rediscovered here.
Giba7
Runaway

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat